01 Oct, 2012 - Behind the Scenes October

BloodAngel

Doubt it's a priority. We have 18 years worth of loyalty shop items after all. :P

They really should increase loyalty points more for longer memberships than 1 year.... I don't want to take 18yrs to get everything :c

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

This consumable thingy for overides - Totally want to get like full bronze as overides then go to like mith dragons and such.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, this will make it harder to make fun of folks wearing completely wrong armor to certain areas.

But otherwise, I like it!

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Well, this will make it harder to make fun of folks wearing completely wrong armor to certain areas.

But otherwise, I like it!

player 1: *slaying abyssal demons with dragonfire shield*

player 2: nice dfs

player 1: it's not dfs noob it's guthix book

• Like 8

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

We should be able to wear Royal Dragonhide Coifs as a cosmetic item but actually have it be an item that doesn't degrade. Oh, how lovely!

This month is right up my street for fulfilling my dragon fix, just so long as it goes how I expect and Jagex doesn't troll us with crazy prices or anything.

Hope this override thingy is not limited to just one item.

If you could just use it on an inventory of items, it probably wouldn't be a consumable.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

In a way this is worse than f2p games because in f2p games you can actually trade the esthetic stuff, so whilst I never spend real money in f2p games I can just make legit money and buy the stuff off lazy people who waste their inrl money on it. In RS you can't trade them so means I can't get the costume full-stop. It wouldn't be perfect because lazy people get in-game money for buying and selling it, but lesser of two evils as far as I'm concerned.

Not every game makes cosmetics stuff tradeable. In fact, most games I know don't. Wow certainly dont, and Runes of Magic do not allow it directly (you can buy the currency required to buy the cosmetic items from other people with gold, but the developers, as far as I know it, frown upon it).

I don't think they are being total 'bleeps' for following the trend of every other MMORPG on the planet. Subscription MMO's are a dying breed, and before RS, Rift was the only other Sub based game that do not have Micros, WoW had it for a long time.

Most F2P games, if you have played any of them to any great extent, are F2P, P2W games (free to play, pay to win), ie it is free, but if you want to experience end game content, unless you have plenty of time grinding for in game items other players will trade with you, you will eventually have to use Micro, in fact to some extent a player may end up paying more than subscription based games.

So in a way, at least RS's Solomon's is only strictly cosmetic, you don't need to buy a single thing from it to play end game content, I don't see a problem with that at all whatsoever. So I treat this in much higher regard than so called 'F2P' games (quotation because no game is truly free to play, unless you either have insane amounts of time, or you don't want to play the end game).

SoF on the other hand...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

If it wasn't for that last paragraph mentioning the Solomon's Store (remember when they updated hairstyles for free?), I would have said that this will be a great month.

But ah well, I like it how Jagex is updating old quests. I believe a Black Knight's Fortress quest is also in the works. Now they've got to update Rune Mysteries so that it's not a delivery quest anymore, and turn Vampire Slayer into a quest where you get to kill a sparkling vampire.

22031_s.gif

We will also be offering a 'Choose Your Own Outfit' consumable. This item can be used on any of your favourite items to make them a cosmetic over-ride, in the same manner as the other Solomon Store items. Enter battle with a party hat or Halloween mask, when you are really wearing (and risking) a dragon full-helm, for example.

Worst update I have ever heard of, this alone will crash rares.

Xq5.png

We will also be offering a 'Choose Your Own Outfit' consumable. This item can be used on any of your favourite items to make them a cosmetic over-ride, in the same manner as the other Solomon Store items. Enter battle with a party hat or Halloween mask, when you are really wearing (and risking) a dragon full-helm, for example.

You need to own the rare to be able to use it as an override.

You need to own the rare to be able to use it as an override.

Then why wouldn't you just wear the rare since cosmetics can't be seen in pvp areas...?

Well don't keep us waiting. Do tell how this will crash rares?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well don't keep us waiting. Do tell how this will crash rares?

Pretty sure they said that when they thought you could still get traded\lent a phat and then bind it and give it back, thus allowing essentially anyone to have a permanent phat.

jagerbluebt1.gif

Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

Pretty sure they said that when they thought you could still get traded\lent a phat and then bind it and give it back, thus allowing essentially anyone to have a permanent phat.

Easy mistake to make. I can't be the only one that thinks that the promotion articles and previews written in the most infuriatingly vague way possible.

• Like 3

If it wasn't for that last paragraph mentioning the Solomon's Store (remember when they updated hairstyles for free?), I would have said that this will be a great month.

But ah well, I like it how Jagex is updating old quests. I believe a Black Knight's Fortress quest is also in the works. Now they've got to update Rune Mysteries so that it's not a delivery quest anymore, and turn Vampire Slayer into a quest where you get to kill a sparkling vampire.

K quitting rs now.

[bleep] sparkly vampires.

• Like 2

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.