Nex Godwars!

The fearsome Zaros general, Nex!

Time and Date

• Date: Saturday, 6th October 2012
    Time: 6pm BST (UK Time)
    Other Time Zones:

• GMT (Greenwich Mean Time): 5pm
    • CET (Central European Time): 7pm
    • ACT (Australia Central Time): 4am (NEXT DAY)
    • PST (US & Canada Pacific Standard Time): 10am
    • CST (US & Canada Central Standard Time): 12pm (Midday)
    • EST (US & Canada Eastern Standard Time): 1pm
      [pending]pur_1349542800[/pending]

Server and Location

• We will meet in the Nex bank, on a world specified in the chat, at the time of the event.

The Boss

• Nex, the strongest and most feared boss in the GWD!

Friend Chat

• "TMHT_Ambler3"

Inventory & Equipment

tmht_nex.png

tmht_nex_yak.png

Weapon: Chaotic Crossbow > Armadyl Crossbow > Rune crossbow (ROYAL CROSSBOW WILL NOT BE ALLOWED!)

Helm: Pernix > Armadyl > Karil's=Nezzy

Amulet: Fury > Saradomin's Murmur > Ranging > Glory

Body: Pernix > Armadyl > Royal = Karils

Legs: Pernix > Armadyl > Royal = Karils

Shield: Divine = Elysian > Eagle Eye Kiteshield > Spectral = Armadyl Buckler > Zammy book > Blessed Spirit Shield > Spirit Shield > Other god books

Boots: Glaiven > Ranger > Snakeskin

Gloves: Swifts > Goliaths > Barrows.

Ring: Onyx (i) > Other Imbued Rings > Tokkul-Zo > Archer's Ring > Ring of Life.

Ammo: Ruby bolts until last phase, then Diamond bolts. Anyone found to be using broad bolts will be warned, then kicked.

Cape: Completionists > Ava's device

Aura: Sharpshooter = Poison Purge = Penance.

•  

MELEE SWITCH RECCOMENDATIONS:

• For claw speccing, or meleeing while she uses deflect range, the following switches to improve accuracy/damage are recommended:
    Helm: Fighter Helm > Warrior = Nezzy > other melee helms
    Boots: Steadfasts > Dragoon boots > other melee boots
    Gloves: (If using Swift Gloves): Goliaths > Barrows
    Ring: Vigour > Zerker (i) = Warrior (i)
    Special Weapon: Dragon Claws > Armadyl Godsword.
    Cape: Tokhaar > Fire > Other

Void Setup:

• If you wish to use void range, you will require the following, melee switches are in (brackets) if you require full void without deflector for the melee switch, it will have a * next to it.
    Helm: Void Range (Void melee helm)
    Amulet: Fury/Glory
    Top: Pernx > Armadyl > Royal=Karils (Elite void top)
    Legs: Elite Void Robe Legs
    Boots: Glaiven > Ranger > Snakeskin (Steadfasts > Dragon)
    Main Weapon: Chaotic Crossbow (Chaotic maul* = Chaotic Longsword & Dragon Defender* > Chaotic Rapier & Dragon defender*)
    Shield: Void Deflector.
    Special Weapon: (Dragon Claws* > Armadyl Godsword*)
    Gloves: Void Gloves
    Ring:Onyx (i) > Other Imbued > Tokkul-Zo > Archer's Ring (Ring of Vigour > Warrior Ring = Berserker Ring)
    Ammo: Ruby/Diamond bolts

Requirements

• To fight Nex, you must first gather the 4 Frozen Key pieces, these are dropped by monsters in the 4 God chambers, but NOT the Generals/minions!
    Due to recent updates, Nex can now use the Deflect Missiles Curse, which nullifies the use of ranged weapons, forcing you to enter her melee distance, due to this update, it is required for everyone to bring a melee weapon:
    Chaotic Maul = Chaotic Longsword > Rapier > Godsword > Goliaths=Whip

We hope to see you there, and maybe get a few nice splits as well! :thumbsup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

A split from Nex sounds awesome. I've never been since I'd be brutally killed, but a mass should help avoid that. Any idea how long it might take to get the key pieces and KC?

Only slot you didn't cover was cape. Ava's Accumulator? Also, is there anything less than the Buckler that would be acceptable or is that pretty much the bare minimum?

Nezzy > Karil's Coif?

[spoiler=Probable Setup][set=head:885,body:2851,legs:2852,gloves:4675,boots:4230,neck:4309,cape:6599,ring:12044,quiver:5431,weapon:5416]

I do have Penance, but I know my accuracy sucks compared to the setup you show, so I might grab Sharpshooter if anyone thinks it'll be more useful.

That setup looks fine, and fixed/changed a few of the gear reccomendations. I'll also get a void one sorted. Dunnit. :)

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Last time he came in gano, we got pbody, so I don't mind if he does it again. :twss:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Wow. Aside from the fact I have the lowest recommended set up for Nex and I don't even own a pair of claws or a Arma Godsword to use (don't think I wanna pay 200k and hour to borrow one either), this seems a bit out of my league. Looking at the guide, I'd say I'd have to get higher stats before going. Guess I'll sit this one out. But I hope you guys get lots of loot. \:D/

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

As a side note:

Remember Ceremonial Robes, they let you skip the kill count!

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

This sounds like there's going to be death everywhere... I'm going to assume she'll pick off everyone eventually.

Good luck guys, I may or may not join you!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

As a side note:

Remember Ceremonial Robes, they let you skip the kill count!

Also, make sure you bank the Frozen Key in the 1st lobby area (by Yak scroll or Imp box). This will save you a load of pain if you get a lag death whilst running through the KC room. It is possible to get all the key pieces & get back to your grave (as long as it has been blessed) but who needs that hassle !!

• Like 1

the_lad_1.png

nex =)))) finally excited to see how many people are gonna be there hopefully alot but not to much for terrible splits ;) this is a great oppertunity to go to nex if u havent tried it in the past. gl all u know ull see me there.

2 hours now, I should be on soonish, just getting some work out of the way first. :lol:

TMHT_Ambler3 friend's chat

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Should make reading a guide mandatory for future Nex events, and issue warnings and kicks more liberally lol.

It's fun to Nex but not really when people can't do things properly and don't listen to instructions :s

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The event's pretty much over at this point. We got one split - a pair of Virtus Gloves (3.5mil split). Lots of deaths, and repeated deaths. Everyone note for the future: Wear armor when you go through the Nex KC area or you'll get PWND! Full Ceremonial will get you through the door, but it WON'T get you through the KC area safely - it has ZERO defence and won't make the monsters unaggressive! Just take the ceremonial and switch right in front of the door to the bank area. Also, bank your key with a yak/imp box before entering the Nex KC area just in case!

Hope you all had fun!

[hide=Drop List]Barrows items: 65+
Barrows double item chests: 4 (2 in one night!), Triple Item Chests: 1 --->None of these came from "double loot" events
Dragon Drops: 4 skirts, 5 legs, 5 left halves, 18 med (7 - barrows, 9 - KBD, 2 - M. Bloodveld), 2 Spears, 62 Boots, 1 Dragonfire shield (PVP'd off my friend), 8 Axes, 1 Claws, 1 Visage, 1 Pickaxe, 1 2H, 3 Longswords, 18 Daggers, 7 DDS, 2 Maces
Slayer Heads: 2 C. Hand, 6 Cockatrice, 1 Basilisk, 6 A. Demon, 5 KBD, 2 KQ
Whips: 11, Dark Bows: 3, Ranging Ammy: 2, Whip Vine: 2, Black Masks: 8, Focus Sight: 1, Hexcrest: 4, Granite Legs: 2, Staves of Light: 3, Effigies: 36
Spirit Shields: 7, Hand Cannons: 32, Dragonstones: 50+, Challenge Scrolls: 1 (skeleton)
DKs: 3 Warriors, 3 Berserker, 2 Archers, 2 Seers, 8 Axes, 4 Battlestaves, 1 Seercull
GWD: 4 Sara Swords, 3 Saradomin's Whisper, 1 Saradomin's Murmur, 1 Armadyl Crossbow, 1 Sara Hilt, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 1 Bandos Helm, 1 Armadyl Helm, 1 Armadyl Boots, 2 Zammy Spears, 4 Boots of Subjugation, 1 Gown of Subjugation, 2 Garb of Subjugation, 1 Hood of Subjugation, 15 GS Shards
Glacors: 1 Ragefire Boots, 2 Glaiven Boots, 1 Steadfast Boots, 1 Staff of Armadyl crafted

QBD Drops: 10 crossbow pieces

Boss Pets: KBD (after only 5 kills) [/hide]
4c27eb4fa1.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png

My net dying didn't help. :lol:

I might be on again soon, depends if it stays up.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Should make reading a guide mandatory for future Nex events, and issue warnings and kicks more liberally lol.

It's fun to Nex but not really when people can't do things properly and don't listen to instructions :s

+1, I'd recommend adding a note to future Nex guides to this effect. Nex isn't like other bosses where someone effectively leeching won't slow down kills terribly; if you aren't completely committed to killing Nex with minimal supply use and maximum damage output with your equipment setup, don't bother coming. This goes for me too, attempting to kill Nex with a PPS and a crystal bow.

icer.png
QZ1B8.jpg