what was your first job ! ?

skitzOwns

That must be after taxes.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yeah it is, min wage here is like $7.25... it was $44 before taxes, so it's like $7.33 or summat. I'm not complaining, it's money I wouldn't otherwise have so I may as well get whatever I can.

First full time job will be after graduation at Kimberly-Clark as an Electrical Engineer.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Yeah it is, min wage here is like $7.25.

Dag. Here it's $10.75.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 3 weeks later...

HA, I can finally post on this thread.

Pizza delievery driver for Papa Johns. Good job for a college student if I do say so myself.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My first 'real' job was lifeguarding a beach near where I lived. I think I did 3 years of beaches and then took a job at a private outdoor pool for a condominium. Aside from the cost to actually be qualified, it's a nice job. The really eager ones get surf qualification and move to the states for the summer where they make piles of money.

Before lifeguarding, I did the more usual mowing (wish we'd had the ride on for that) and raking leaves for money. I was also a volunteer camp counselor for a couple weeks per summer for a couple years.

My first job was working as a camp counselor over the summer. I'm not even really sure if that counts. After that I worked at Jamba Juice for a summer. That was an awesome job.. the free drinks, guys. 8-) Now I have a job offer working as a front end web developer for a year, which I'm still considering. :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

If you do decide to take it, just make sure it still leaves you time to keep all us TIF'ers in line. Randox can't do it all by her onesie. :P

If you do decide to take it, just make sure it still leaves you time to keep all us TIF'ers in line. Randox can't do it all by her onesie. :P

We'll see. :P I'd have to commute to London so I'd have very long days..

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

What's the most memorable place you ever delivered pizza to? I mean, was there any weird stuff you saw?

He just got the job recently I believe. Also Papa John's is disgusting.

Yeah, just started. Don't really have any stories yet.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My first job was as an inventory controller for a workshop with equipment for a soil research lab. Basically had to know where/who had every single thing in the workshop, from the biggest perforator to the tiniest drill, was 14-15 back then.

As of today, I'm 24 and I have an intermediary firm associated with several other partners, not necessarily firms. For example, we got a contract with Sheraton hotel chain to host most of our events in their locations.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first job two years ago. It was a summer job. For two weeks I was at a place, where disabled and/or mentally ill people were stationed.

At the begin, when I heard that I'd have to go there (Here you need to know that I send a job application to our town, they then decided where I go to work), I did'nt know what was awaiting me. But, after the Job, I am happy that I did it. I really enjoyed my time :)

Pot washer at the local golf club, started when I was 15. Was a nice weekend job, 5 hours a day on a Sunday, £20 a week wasn't bad back then :P

When I was doing my A levels I worked in outdoor retail Saturday and Sunday 9-5pm at my local garden centre, that was bloody hard work. The people were great, and I got very fit for free, but hard manual labour for minimum wage isn't something I'd want to go back to. I also learned far more useful information about plants from the e-learning I had to do there than during my Biology A level.

I haven't had a job since starting uni. If I had better time management I could get everything uni wise done in the week and on Sunday and work Saturdays, but that's not gunna happen.

Asmodean <3

Don't think I've ever posted here...

First job was delivering papers.

Second job was working as a cashier/cook/eventually assistant manager at a pizza place.

After that I worked in the automotive parts section of a Canadian Tire (hardware store for those non-canadians)

I worked as an intern/junior programmer for a local municipal government after that.

And currently I'm a programmer analyst for a trucking company.

HOORAY

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

First Job: Volunteer at a charity shop (for like a year or so, good work experience) - During 6th form

Second Job: Worked at a (posh) (very upperclass) chocolate shop (sales assistant yaknow), in central london, and remained a stable weight! God the chocolates were good. (Only for the Summer, still earned myself a small fortune, and free choc).

I have been offered to returned during Easter/V.Day/Christmas's but Uni keeps me at busy until such events have passed.

Found the job on Gumtree, have at it!

Luck be a Lady

I was kicked out of my parents residence on my 17th birthday ( 2months from recieving my diploma). My future wife's parents took me in. 6 months later had a wee one on the way. Became homeless for a bit. Landed a few jobs, mostly fast food and retail. Earned my GED in one day with no prior preparation. Alice was born.

Got married at 18. My Wife and I started College while I worked full time overnight. Now I'm a hand at an irrigation company ( install pumps and drill wells). My boss is my father in law, so i get hell every way. Working 40-95 hours a week is hell on earth while your going to school too. College resumes on the 3rd, getting a new apartment on the 2nd, Wife is getting closer to finishing school, as am I.

Starting to get petty, but my best advice given our similiar situations is to stick in there! If you are from the states its probably illegal for your parents to kick you out of their house at 16. IF you can prove to the court that your a person of decent calibre, you may want to look into being emancipated.

I went to college for 3 years after high school, so my first job didn't come until I was 22. Yeah, some people work part time while going to college, but I couldn't find a part time gig for the life of me. I didn't actually apply for this job, I got a job where my brother was already working. A small company called webconnex llc. I'm a programmer working mostly in php, 9 dollars an hour. Recently got a raise to 11 an hour. It's peanuts, but then again, I had very little experience in web development before I got hired there. It's not exactly fun, but then again, it could be worse. My boss could be a huge souless corporation that gives not one shit about my personal life.

Thanks Champ. Yep its determined by the time of year, when its early summer when the days are nice, hot, and long we can work 16+ hours a day, 7 days a week. When it cold and the crops don't need a new well its around 40-60. We can get house calls any time of day. I try and do the majority of my university work online, although i typically have to take time off for midterms and finals. I try to make time between work , school, RS, and my wife and daughter. I typically end up having multiple panic attacks on a daily basis, but I tend to make it through them. YOLO, right? Just kidding, it can be rather tough, exhaustion can be pretty bad. I don't know everything about my job, yet I'm always willing to learn!

If you say an average person sleeps eight hours a day (which presumably, Solemnis almost certainly did not) then there's only 112 hours in the week left. To use 95 of those hours at work? Ouch.

Some days we would be lucky enough to not crash before taking a shower, haha! Much less the stupor from a rather minimal few hours of sleep.

First under-the-table job was washing dishes at a restaurant when I was 15 or so. My first legitimate job was working at McDonald's. I started off as a crew. I was all production (making food, handling the fries, and running the grill and fryers) and I usually worked nights/closing until the store hit 24 hours. After around a month I was promoted to crew trainer due to my 100% attendance. Two months later I was promoted to swing manager (I could manage any shift, but I usually worked nights). Another few months and I am at 2nd assistant manager.

I quit about 2 months later after getting criticized for pointing out a financial lapse caused by careless managers and favoritism. For example, crew were allowed one or two paid breaks of 15 minutes based on how long his or her shift was. I found records of people taking over 1 hours paid breaks without any logged consequences. These same employees were also friends with the other managers, including the first-assistant manager (who was above me) outside of work. Managers were also giving friends employee discounts or free food when they shouldn't have. This one manager failed to record 2 weeks of waste for the shift he or she ran. The first-assistant manager told me this is normal and said he or she would get me fired for harassment if I said anything. I proceeded to agree, but I then forwarded all of my information on the money issues and the behavior of the managers to the franchise contact person, who sent it to her boss. I then walked out of the office, left my keys and nametag at the desk, and walked off.

I get a call two hours later apologizing and offering me a store manager position at another nearby franchise owned by the same person, but declined as 10.00 an hour was not worth it. Turns out the store management have all been fired and replaced.

But yeah, I had fun for awhile there.

• Like 2

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]