Your thoughts of 2 NEW RS SKILLS

ACK

I can trow out that 'one of the new skills is going to utilise pooping' as a random guess without any further proof too. Also I don't read every post, I read the begin post and some of the first and some of the last posts on this thread, which none said "1 of the skills is going to be about the pocket slot" or something in that direction.

If you wanted proof you could've asked and he would've told you where to go. That's how discussion works. There's no need to be rude.

hzvjpwS.gif

Jagex states that new skills gona be unique so don't think they want copy anything from wow, well i wish they wont. As bikes'n'flying machines destroyed whole lore and game become like any others mmo.

Wonder if any will be f2p, like fresh-old dungeon skill ?

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

they better not be slow xp :P

I don't think they'll have anything set to their standards of 75k/hr, which means we probably won't see 100K/hr rates for mousekey/hotbar/ahk users. Not really a strong claim and I don't have anything really to back it up. Just a hunch, given the nerfs we've seen recently to popular training methods for skills (span, dag sents, herb cleaning.)

hzvjpwS.gif

They've said there needs to be more emphasis on the final product than the XP gains, which links to the planned 'production' skill. But so long as you have to make/do/gather the thing that provides most XP per hour tens of thousands of times in RuneScape to achieve a 99, I'm not sure how that can possibly work. It'll be interesting to see how they solve that problem.

I'm hoping to see a production skill being utilised in the same way crafting is for ganodermic armour. Instead of Ganodermic beasts rarely dropping the armour in the same way GWD/Barrows armour is, they drop flakes on a very consistent basis which are then used by the crafting the skill to make armour, which itself is degradable and requires further flakes to maintain. It creates a need to train the production skill, but also a constant demand for the gathering process which underpins that production, even after the production has been completed.

Even now, flakes are worth just over 300gp each on the Grand Exchange. Can you imagine if they'd done this from the start for all armour production, instead of having a level 50 non-degradable platebody at 99 smithing, made with an ore only obtainable at level 85 mining?

The skill does not make pocket slot items. It just uses them.

Just like strength don't make swords.

Archaeology wouldn't make the items as such though, you could find say ancient warriors bones that are usable in the pocket slot to say boost your melee stats by 'x' amount. Or some idol that grants prayer bonus such as increased prayer points or reduced prayer drain when put in pocket slot.

Plus traditionally gathering skills supply production skills so via Archeology we could find damaged items or plans for items or artefacts that we can then repair/recreate/clean up via crafting, fletching, smithing etc. Ergo Archaeology would not provide anything immediately useful in its own right.

I mean none of the current gathering skills do that now with a small exception in hunter.

Fishing - Raw fish useless until cooked.

Mining - Ores and gems useless until smelted and smithed or crafted

Woodcutting - Logs useless until fletched or set alight

Farming - All sorts of fruits vegetables that aren't that useful unless cooked into pies etc. Grimy Herbs that are useless until cleaned and mixed to pots.

Hunter - Hides and spikes and talons etc that are useless until made into pots and clothing and such. Exception here being chins which have immediate use.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can trow out that 'one of the new skills is going to utilise pooping' as a random guess without any further proof too. Also I don't read every post, I read the begin post and some of the first and some of the last posts on this thread, which none said "1 of the skills is going to be about the pocket slot" or something in that direction.

Hmm.. Checked all of your posts on this page, none even contained the word "pocket" except the one post right above this post where you quoted me :')

Edit :

Personally I think the most likely candidates are Archeology and Engineering.

Ah right there you said you guessed it was going to be about pock... Wait a second you guessed Archeology and Engineering? Oh you silly boy!

Ok, first of all, you quoted the wrong person, I'm not Sy_Accursed. Secondly, you probably should read more carefully instead of skimming posts; that way you won't look like a 'silly boy' when you quote the wrong person entirely.

We also know that one of the skills will enable us to create items other than scrimshaws for the pocket slot. I won't be surprised if these are things like God tokens that give various buffs.

Taken from the exact same page. I didn't 'trow' it out, it was confirmed on the FAQ which was subsequently posted on this thread as a screenshot.

Sylpheed.png

Gonna be compless for a while once the skill(s) does come out :(

Hopefully it's not a skill like Agility that is utterly boring, surely Jagex have learned not to make skills as repetitive and boring as Agility but hey it's Jagex so can't expect much.

Hardstylez.png

If it is engineering we better have dwarven belt fed-chain driven-steam powered-incendiary chinchompa firing-automatic cannons.

It must look like this:

IwxUl.jpg

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Well Agility could be fun if they had more areas like the Brimhaven one - where you have more than one way to go to the target ... dunno I've always had fun in there.

I always thought they could apply the concept to main world routing using agility.

Eg at level 10 you can jump over narrow (1sq) segments of the River Lum

At level 20 you can jump over stone walls

etc.

Hard code it into automatic routing and all of a sudden agility would be much more useful as it would shorten your travel routes even in non-click through shortcuts.

But anyway back on topic:

I was thinking Archeology could work nicely as a slayer-esque skill.

Get assignments from the digsite to earn xp but as you go you uncover more sites and some sites could lead to resources/dungeons that have been lost for centuries.

Like you could uncover a cave entrance then via dg skill explore it to uncover an ancient runite mine or a hidden demons nest. etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Get assignments from the digsite to earn xp but as you go you uncover more sites and some sites could lead to resources/dungeons that have been lost for centuries.

Like you could uncover a cave entrance then via dg skill explore it to uncover an ancient runite mine or a hidden demons nest. etc.

The fetch quests...THE FETCH QUESTS!!

Haha well in my mind they'd be more substancial than fetch quests.

Eg you'd be asked to research a tribe who worshiped Bandos and you'd have to work out where to start 4 or 5 separate digs and in total probably spend like 30mins or so before you complete the task

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Well Agility could be fun if they had more areas like the Brimhaven one - where you have more than one way to go to the target ... dunno I've always had fun in there.

I always thought they could apply the concept to main world routing using agility.

Eg at level 10 you can jump over narrow (1sq) segments of the River Lum

At level 20 you can jump over stone walls

etc.

Hard code it into automatic routing and all of a sudden agility would be much more useful as it would shorten your travel routes even in non-click through shortcuts.

I really wish routing would automatically take and/or aim for shortcuts.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Eg you'd be asked to research a tribe who worshiped Bandos and you'd have to work out where to start 4 or 5 separate digs and in total probably spend like 30mins or so before you complete the task

That's just like if they added backstory to slayer tasks. "There are 5 mountain lions in some lady's basement, go kill them!". It would get really boring once you've saved the same lady 200 times.

Or in a worst case scenario it would end up like tracking, run around heading to all the memorized areas until you find your artifacts for task completion.

That's just like if they added backstory to slayer tasks. "There are 5 mountain lions in some lady's basement, go kill them!". It would get really boring once you've saved the same lady 200 times.

Or in a worst case scenario it would end up like tracking, run around heading to all the memorized areas until you find your artifacts for task completion.

I suppose you could make so many possibilities that can only be received once, but that gets difficult to develop after a while.

Gonna be compless for a while once the skill(s) does come out :(

Hopefully it's not a skill like Agility that is utterly boring, surely Jagex have learned not to make skills as repetitive and boring as Agility but hey it's Jagex so can't expect much.

There's actually 12 capes that will be unwearable for a short period with new skill launch.

Milestone Cape (10) - (90) 9 capes.

Max cape.

Comp Cape

Comp Cape (t)

Though of course comp cape (t) has kinda been put out of commission for a while anyway due to ports.

Plv6Dz6.jpg