Og Blog: Upcoming Changes to the EoC

fishy227

They're just basing all of their decisions off of what "seems right" or whatever appeases the loudest group of players.

Well one thing's sure, the latter part is not true, otherwise we wouldn't have EoC.

Another system might be to have equipment for every 10 levels be craftable, with items between those tiers from quests, bosses, and minigames. So level 90 gear would be relatively accessible, and boss hunters would be able to get level 95 items.

Mostly because I don't think boss hunters should have *all* of the rewards :razz:

I am in agreement.

Allowing players to have the "good enough" equipments for lv 1-10-20-[...]-90 while allowing bosses to drop equipment from lv 5-15-[...]-95 would reward the players for leveling up their skills, while still making bosses worth doing.

Let's first allow them the chance to show how Runecrafting will be incorporated as the mage armour crafting skill. I don't really feel we have enough examples of that to go off. Passing judgement on it before that point is folly.

The more I think about it more I realize the problem with RS is its not a combat game, and yet so much is focused around it that it needs desperate help.

The largest problem is the fact that it can take millions of any one action to get to 99 in a single skill while the population doesn't need millions let alone billions of these items. If RS could adopt a system that is similar to guildwars:

Noob monster drops 1 fractite blob

Takes 5 fractite blobs to make a semi fractite blob

takes 5 semi fractite blobs to make 1 full blob

medium monester rarely drops full blobs occasionally drops 2 fractite blobs

takes 5 blobs to make a partial widget

etc

So that what you make at the lower end builds up to the higher end, without a system like this you introduce massive amounts of items that will go unused causing massive deflation in the value of everything.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

A thing I'd also want to see in RuneScape, apart from playermade high-end armour, is armout that you create by getting the crude materials of it from several skills, a bit like the tormented demon drops, but more diverse.

This gives skillers and pvm'ers a reason to work together, as both of them have to get parts to complete a wieldable armour, or a better tiered armour.

You could go fishing sharks and sometimes you find some Thallasus scales, go hunting and sometimes you find some paws with very sharp claws. A pvm'er could find a drop of an armour that is in need of repair. So you have to use the crafting/smithing/runecrafting skill to repair it with the items the skillers find.

Heck, you could even use those items to just upgrade your lvl 60 armour to level 70 armour.

The usage of dragon claws is thus a fine direction in my opinion.

Some pages ago I said that level 80 isn't endgame, and some replied that nex indeed is endgame and flamed me. I never said that nex isn't endgame. And that's exactly my point, we shouldn't have to get level 80 armour from an endgame boss. Level 80 is only 2M experience points, for our community I think the average exp gain for a day or two.

It's an easily reachable level, and yet only a very small percentage of the playerbase has it. That shows there is something wrong development wise.

There should be other ways to obtain armour, and, as I said in my suggestion, maybe some kind of combo between player-crafted and monster-slaughter could work, next to just crafting an armour set.

I'd go with (for example)

- Every gear is tradable.

- The best scrimshaws come from PoP

- The best weapons come from PvM

- The best armors are craftable

- DG gives upgrades to weapons/armors and such (still tradable)

- The best amulets come from MA (tradable)

In other words every best in slot comes from a different activity and all of them are tradable. This way if you like DG you can DG, get 10-20 upgrades, sell most of them, get the rest of the equipments from other players who like the other activities and so on.

The ease with which people DG these days would render any open market from its rewards worthless. There are many people with tens of millions of tokens collectively banked, having earned them on the way to Completionist Cape/200M DG xp, and you can earn tens of thousands more per hour. The upgrades would be junk the moment you released them.

There simply isn't a market for some items, especially when they're effectively gained for free like in DG.

It would be nice to have "random" bonuses added to armors from PvM. Take Bandos Chestplate for example, you have the regular version but once in a while you could get one with e.g. a small crit bonus, str defence or lp.

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

It would be nice to have "random" bonuses added to armors from PvM. Take Bandos Chestplate for example, you have the regular version but once in a while you could get one with e.g. a small crit bonus, str defence or lp.

Is this not basically a less controlled version of the level my x idea they mentioned they wanted to develop, whereby your gear levels up through use and can gain different boosts and effects through choices in the levelling. Eg your sword would level and give you a choice of say extra crit boost, an enchantment slot or a str boost.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Is this not basically a less controlled version of the level my x idea they mentioned they wanted to develop, whereby your gear levels up through use and can gain different boosts and effects through choices in the levelling. Eg your sword would level and give you a choice of say extra crit boost, an enchantment slot or a str boost.

Well , yes.

It would be a lot more simple though, just random bonuses might be present in equipment when the monster drops it, just that.

Enchantment slot would be nice too :D

Emaxganis.png

If equipment wasn't so 'generic' a a random stat generator for gear would be fun and interesting. Why might be more suitable for runescape might be what maple story uses as refining. Basically an item can be reforged with slightly better stats. This process can be repeated several times with increasing chance of failure after a certain point.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If equipment wasn't so 'generic' a a random stat generator for gear would be fun and interesting. Why might be more suitable for runescape might be what maple story uses as refining. Basically an item can be reforged with slightly better stats. This process can be repeated several times with increasing chance of failure after a certain point.

Or like Mu with gems :P

Emaxganis.png

I've played other MMO's with this system before and I think it's actually quite good.

If Jagex would take the plunge and re-invent Smithing, we could smith armour enhancers that could do such a thing.

Another possible method could be to implement a system where you can get said enhancers by breaking down pieces of the armour you want to improve which would give you the enhancers.

Sylpheed.png

Or like Mu with gems :P

Socketing is meh... I think socketing should have a lot more with it. I mean gems are fine, but the whole potential with the pocket slot for trinkets, totems, luck charms, etc. is fine with me. What's got my mind hinged on a good 'randomizing' factor is seeing an enchanting-like skill come into play. Almost like how prayers are. Players have asked for prayers for skilling and other crap for ages... It's been a near-silent murmur, but the concept is genuine, interesting and very much merits some exploring. I wouldn't mind seeing tiered enchantments for weapons and armor. Maybe letting pieces carry more than one enchantment? Imagine enchantments like letting you apply 'steel skin'-like effects to your bandos chest plate and permanently binding it to your character. Of course maybe training this skill would involve creating the materials from drops and the larger hunks of xp would be either breaking an enchantment for another... Yada, yada, yada... Lets see if its the actual skills coming or something else.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Thank [bleep] for that.

That killing the toughest boss in the game required level 42 gear for all but one of your team was laughable. And seeing as you need to put in exponentially more time to acquire higher levels, it makes sense that you get exponentially better rewards.

Not a fan of the chaotic add on to claws though. That implies some sort of relationship between dragon equipment and chaotic, something we have zero evidence of.

Asmodean <3

Not a fan of the chaotic add on to claws though. That implies some sort of relationship between dragon equipment and chaotic, something we have zero evidence of.

I suppose they could spin off a tale something along the lines of the symbiotic thing in Spiderman (that turns him into Venom). The chaotics simply latch on to anything and enhance the chaos in them. (Perfectly missed opportunity for an awesome quest to go along with this update, to be honest...)

• Like 1
ArchangelSignature.jpg

I suppose they could spin off a tale something along the lines of the symbiotic thing in Spiderman (that turns him into Venom). The chaotics simply latch on to anything and enhance the chaos in them. (Perfectly missed oppurtunity for an awesome quest to go along with this update, to be honest...)

I don't see why there'd need to be any sort of disparity between Dragon and Chaotic.

In some dialogues Dragon equipment is reference as coming from Frenskae, which is where the Mahajaratt came from.

If this is true then holds to reason Mahajratt folks (such as Bilrach) would likely have access to lots of dragon-equipment and could've easily fashion an attachment to add to one from the chaotic metal(?) he came across in digging Daemonheim.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I suppose they could spin off a tale something along the lines of the symbiotic thing in Spiderman (that turns him into Venom). The chaotics simply latch on to anything and enhance the chaos in them. (Perfectly missed oppurtunity for an awesome quest to go along with this update, to be honest...)

I don't see why there'd need to be any sort of disparity between Dragon and Chaotic.

In some dialogues Dragon equipment is reference as coming from Frenskae, which is where the Mahajaratt came from.

If this is true then holds to reason Mahajratt folks (such as Bilrach) would likely have access to lots of dragon-equipment and could've easily fashion an attachment to add to one from the chaotic metal(?) he came across in digging Daemonheim.

Isn't Chaotic material Gorgonite, just named differently to avoid confusion? And Gorgonite in turn is just normal metal twisted by magic?

Besides that fact we can attach spikes, trim and bones to dragon armor, augmenting combat capabilities shouldn't be too difficult, even mortals like us can do it.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Thank [bleep] for that.

That killing the toughest boss in the game required level 42 gear for all but one of your team was laughable. And seeing as you need to put in exponentially more time to acquire higher levels, it makes sense that you get exponentially better rewards.

brb selling armour which takes 10-15 hours to get

wait a second, its level 42 and has one of the hardest grand master quests in rs requirements. (sorry normal void doesn't exist) Void's always had good stats because of the time taken to get it, almost as bad as MA rings... So i think its fair it should remain good.

meamzed.png

wait a second, its level 42 and has one of the hardest grand master quests in rs requirements. (sorry normal void doesn't exist) Void's always had good stats because of the time taken to get it, almost as bad as MA rings... So i think its fair it should remain good.

This. I remember them saying early in the beta that they'd take into account items that have low (direct) level requirements but otherwise require a lot of effort to get.

Thank [bleep] for that.

brb selling armour which takes 10-15 hours to get

Difficulty may be subjective to a certain extent but calling the Pest Queen one of the hardest bosses in the game is an exaggeration.

Neither elite void or MA rings are 'difficult' to get, they just take time to attain. That said I agree that Void needs to stay useful otherwise it has no purpose and we already have enough useless items in the game as it is.

Sylpheed.png

I think void mostly needs a high-level upgrade, something like elite void but level 60 or 70. As much time as it takes to get, it's still fairly cheap, especially considering the top is a quest reward (from an easy quest I might add). The remaining 1250 Pest Points take about 10-15 hours, but you also get a bit of combat xp, and you can get void way before your moneymaking exceeds 2m/h (80s melees, no overloads, no turmoil, no unicorn). That puts the price at under 20m for the whole set. For top-tier melee, ranged and magic gear, together, that's a bargain. With that prayer bonus, and not degradeable either?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think void is jagex biggest legacy issue ever. They should just make void level 40 and elite level 60. From there they could introduce higher "offensive" armors as drops and such from bosses.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png