Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Player-Owned Ports: Voyage Calculator

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Xena Dragon
Discussion about the Player-owned Ports Calculator can be done in this thread...

Xena_Dragon.png

pingu2k4
[ Display Name History ]

pingu2k4

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
Would just like to say that I have more planned with this calculator, but it made sense to release this now as its very useful right now (and i use it myself every day for my daily voyages).

any suggestions I will take on board.
im a penguin ^^

JohnTheCop
[ Display Name History ]

JohnTheCop

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • RSN:Lawl Gl Bro
  • RSN2:TacoCarpet
  • Clan:Currently Rouge
maybe a remember button so i dont have to put in everything every time, not sure if thats possible
"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."
Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

maybe a remember button so i dont have to put in everything every time, not sure if thats possible

You might need to update your browser if the data is not saved automagically. Saving data works ok in Internet Explorer 8 and higher, and current up-to-date versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera.

Xena_Dragon.png

Promise
[ Display Name History ]

Promise

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 880 posts
I get more voyages in about an hour...perfect way to pass the time and will be leaving feed back after.

I can already tell this will take out the guess work and save a lot of time, so I love it already <3:

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Notice that it doesn't seem to care about solidarity or there is something that doesn't quite work right, I shifted some of my crew around and got over 7% higher success rate.

Let me know if you need more explination.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Promise
[ Display Name History ]

Promise

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 880 posts
I don't think the use all check boxes are working. At least not for me. I have to manually check each crew member.

Also x2 what user above mentioned about solidarity.

pingu2k4
[ Display Name History ]

pingu2k4

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
hey guys,

Currently traits are not supported, but its something im working on adding, along with a whole host of other features.

We could have waited until there was nothing left to add to this before releasing it... however it was decided that it would be far better to release it as is, and update when possible as people can use it right now and its still really useful.

Traits is one of the next things im working on so its pretty high up on my list. :)

Im unsure why the check/uncheck all wouldnt work though, could you let us know which browser / version you are using when that happens promise?

Thanks for feedback people :)
im a penguin ^^

TheLad1
[ Display Name History ]

TheLad1

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • RSN:The Lad 1
  • RSN2:Fork Sake
  • Clan:Max The Experience
Nice work, looking forward to Traits being added.

I'm using Firefox & the Check/Uncheck isn't working.

the_lad_1.png

Tohtli
[ Display Name History ]

Tohtli

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Tohtli
  • Clan:Clan_Quest
Very good work with the calculator, I have used it and it does a great work to take the guessing out of the voyages. I'm using chrome on linux and it is working fine. I played with the "use" checks and it worked fine to exclude crew that is already in a trip.

As far as I have watched the ports the traits are already included in your crew stats, so you don't have to worry about them. The only one you need to include so far is the solidarity one.

As I said before, good work, congratulations pingu.

Wolfsoul1
[ Display Name History ]

Wolfsoul1

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
Love this calculator, takes the guesswork and hassle of trying to figure which crewmates or captain I need for voyages. Just one little suggestion I would like to put to who ever made this. "Make an check-box for who you want to be in your crew as an option so if you wanted a merchant, trader or someone with a speed boost to be tried to be included to boost rewards or cut travel time"

Plugpoint
[ Display Name History ]

Plugpoint

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • RSN:0utkast
  • RSN '07:Iron 0utkast
The level+ button isn't working for me (assuming that it's meant to calculate that crew member's stats increase). Also this is a really useful tool so thanks!

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

pingu2k4
[ Display Name History ]

pingu2k4

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
wolfsoul, I will see what can be done to bring this in with a future update. Good suggestion.

plugpoint, What happens when you press the level+ button? Do you have a crew member already selected from the dropdown list and their avatar showing before pressing the level+ button?

it should increment their level by 1, and increase their base stats by 10% of their bse (normal levelling not including random personal boosts or traits).
im a penguin ^^

Aevitas
[ Display Name History ]

Aevitas

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 13 posts
I had it first too that buttons and check all weren't working but that seems fixed for me now.

Maybe a usefull addon:
An option to select which units are on which ship. Checkboxes 1 through 4 under the level+ button. (maybe colored boxes darkred, darkblue, darkgreen, darkyellow).
A button to quickly add the "best" calculated crew to a ship.
And some buttons to toggle a ships crew back to "use".

For the rest, big thumbs up, great tool.

[Edit]Not quite really about this, but for the timers: I would love to see at what time my ships would arrive, it would make it a whole lot easier than to calculate that for myself.[/Edit]

GM Dutch
[ Display Name History ]

GM Dutch

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • RSN:GM Dutch
  • RSN '07:Dutch Killer
  • Clan:Council of Elders
Very nice and usefull calc :) I personally like the puzzling part of PoP but somethimes you want to have it done fast.. then this is a great solution :)

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

Xena_Dragon
[ Display Name History ]

Xena_Dragon

Coder

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Notice that it doesn't seem to care about solidarity or there is something that doesn't quite work right, I shifted some of my crew around and got over 7% higher success rate.

Let me know if you need more explination.

Solidarity has now been added to the calculator.

Xena_Dragon.png

DSA
[ Display Name History ]

DSA

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:DSA
I've input all my crew info and when I calculated, all it did was highlight the first option for all 3 ship parts and none of my crew. It's like all my numbers and check marks didn't even register or something. Any suggestions?

Old McAlphy
[ Display Name History ]

Old McAlphy

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • RSN:Old McAlphy
This is absolutely fantastic! I do have quite a few suggestions though (don't take that as a bad thing!):
  • Being shown the effects of the addition of up to three 'Ration Pack', 'Powder Keg' and 'Seasinger's Bottled Cry'.
  • At the moment, the calculator always chooses five crew members. It would be nice to see the best options with fewer than 5 crew members used, as well as those with 5 used, so we can choose the final member(s) if we don't like the set up of the five offered.
  • In addition to maximising success, we should be able to state other criteria and rank them in order of importance, such as trying to place certain crew members on board, e.g. those with the trait 'merchant'.
  • Speed should also be added, with a dropdown box for the voyage saying which zone it is from, and getting speed to the maximum required for the zone added as one of the aforementioned choosable criteria.
  • A dropdown box for the number of ships in your possession and a simple way to select crew members and put them on a ship (and take them off again when the ship returns).
I have one final suggestion, but I have no idea whether it's feasible (I know little about programming and computing time).
  • We should be able to enter ALL the voyages on offer (stating which special missions are mutually exclusive) and the calculator work out the best setups, given our criteria, for four voyages (this obviously includes at least one special voyage), three voyages, two voyages and one voyage. In addition, something to consider would be a box by each voyage to type in the success rate below which you just won't do it, so it can automatically skip showing you a terrible result which you definitely won't like!
As it stands, you can, for example, easily send off two voyages at 100%, but then be left with something at 55%. It would be extremely useful to calculate for all voyages at once and know you can send out three at, say, 85% at least, even before seeing what new voyages appear as you send them off. The reason for giving it for four voyages AND three etc. is that if the calculator gives you four voyages at 60%, you can decide against that and look at three and see that it's something like 90% and go with that.

Sorry to be so demanding, but perhaps consider it a challenge?

fireball0236
[ Display Name History ]

fireball0236

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
A useful feature would be the ability to 'save' and 'load' the crew and ship information to and from a plain text format. I play RuneScape both on my desktop and laptop, and it is annoying having to keep the stats up to date on both computers. This would be so much easier if I could edit the stats on one computer, then request a textual version of those stats, and load those into the other computer.

Many thanks for the calculator, it is a great help!

~ Fireball0236

Plugpoint
[ Display Name History ]

Plugpoint

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • RSN:0utkast
  • RSN '07:Iron 0utkast

plugpoint, What happens when you press the level+ button? Do you have a crew member already selected from the dropdown list and their avatar showing before pressing the level+ button?

it should increment their level by 1, and increase their base stats by 10% of their bse (normal levelling not including random personal boosts or traits).

Nothing happened when I clicked the button - none of the numbers changed, not even the level number. It's working fine for me now though.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users