18-2-2013 The RuneScape Bestiary

Carl

The RuneScape Bestiary (free players and members)

This week, we're really excited to give you a glimpse at the next generation of RuneScape. We've created a new feature for the RuneScape website which lets you browse almost 3,000 of RuneScape's monsters and NPCs: the RuneScape Bestiary. RuneScape_Bestiary-18164331.jpg

Each one is viewable in full 3D using our new HTML5 graphics engine - RuneTek 7 - which you'll be seeing much more of once we launch it for RuneScape later in the year. You can rotate, zoom and animate all of the available characters, share your favourites on Facebook, search for specific ones and view a variety of information about each of them, including:

• Combat levels
  • Combat weaknesses
  • Life points
  • Slayer category
  • Where they can be found in-game.

As this is our very first reveal of this technology to the community, we're running the Bestiary as a beta. This means that you may experience crashes or other odd behaviour while you're using it. We'll be collecting error reports and usage statistics to help us make the technology stable and ready for the full release, but we need your help too. Send us bug reports when you experience issues using the Bestiary, and - as always - give us your feedback on the forums.

This is the first glimpse of the awesome upgrades coming within RuneScape which include upgraded graphics and draw distances, a smoother play experience, an amazing new top-level interface and - in the long run - compatibility with touch-screen devices. Now's the time to start getting your voice heard so we can make the new RuneScape the game that you want to see!

Have fun, and look out for an early-access beta of the new RuneScape graphics engine in the next few months.

The RuneScape Team

How to access the RuneScape Bestiary:

You can try out the beta version of the RuneScape Bestiary here.

Requirements:

To use the Bestiary, you will need to be running a recent version of Google's Chrome web browser. We're working on getting the Bestiary working with other browsers, but - at the moment - Chrome is the only browser with the full support for HTML5 that the Bestiary needs.

Chrome's already the most popular browser among RuneScape players, so you may well have it installed already. If not, you can get the latest version here.

With an up-to-date version of Chrome installed, we've found that the Bestiary works nicely on the following operating systems:

• Windows: XP, Vista, 7 and 8
  • Mac OSX
  • Linux
  • Android 4.0 and above*

*For now, you'll need to download the beta version of Chrome for Android to get the Bestiary working. See our FAQ for details of how to do this.

Unfortunately, Chrome on iOS does not support the technology we require. As such, it's not possible to view the Bestiary on an iPad or iPhone at this time.

See our FAQ if you have any other questions or concerns.

Behind the Scenes Video

Take a look at our latest Behind the Scenes video:

In Other News

• A certain resident of Rellekka has been out of sorts lately. Why not head over there and see if you can help out?
  • There's an intriguing archaeological dig happening near the Legends' Guild. Head on over and take a look!
  • In response to your feedback, we've changed two low-population worlds into skill total worlds. From now on, the worlds listed below will only be accessible to RuneScape members with the corresponding total skill levels:
    • World 30: 2000
    • World 48: 2400

[*]We have also labelled World 134 as a gathering place for those wishing to take part in theSinkholes D&D.

[*]Sinkholes will now appear in the world more frequently: once per hour, rather then once every two hours.

The patch notes archive can be seen here.

Discuss this here.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

In response to your feedback, we've changed two low-population worlds into skill total worlds. From now on, the worlds listed below will only be accessible to RuneScape members with the corresponding total skill levels:

World 30: 2000

World 48: 2400

YEEEEESSS

[hide=Patch notes]

18-Feb-2013 16:30:30

The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.

Graphical:

• The catapult firing animation now plays correctly in Castle Wars.
  • The golf clap emote no longer causes players who are moving to appear to stand still.
  • Grubor’s skin tone now appears correctly.
  • Bonzo’s jaw now displays correctly.
  • Some issues with Dionysius’ and Zenevivia’s jaws have been fixed.
  • The fog in Burthorpe is now the correct colour.
  • The inventory icons for the noted and un-noted Rune 2h swords have been fixed.
  • Players can no longer walk inside the flags just outside of the Al Kharid bank.
  • A Christmas event tree in Falador has been replaced with a non-snow covered tree.
  • Sheathed books now sit on your hip instead of floating aimlessly somewhere near your hip.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

• It is now possible to re-enter the Arboretum from the outside to talk to Vanescula Draken during the 'Branches of Darkmeyer' quest.
  • The quest journal for The Fremennik Trials now uses consistent punctuation.
  • The abstract mural now gives clearer message depending on your progress through the Fremennik Trials quest.
  • A typo in the Legacy of Seergaze has been corrected.
  • The combat level of the imps in the Imp Catcher quest has been added to the Quest start interface.

Skills & Minigames:

• A typo in Buried Treasure has been corrected.
  • Players no longer have their Dominion Tower interfaces closed when they leave combat after killing a boss.
  • Players will now receive the points they are due if they lose membership inside the Runespan.

Combat:

• Players dying at the Kalphite King should no longer have their Kept on Death interface closed if they died during a certain attack.
  • The lucky versions of Armadyl chestplate and Bandos chestplate now have the same damage bonus as their non-lucky versions.
  • The Bandos runite plateskirt Defence requirement has been brought into line with other similar items.
  • Armadyl buckler will now give you the correct message when trying to use it with a Defence stat lower than 70.
  • Mami Rimba has caught up with the times and now accurately describes the special abilities of Bakriminel bolts.

Other:

• A small noise now plays when a Slayer contract is completed.
  • The damage caused by the elven traps has been increased.
  • Implings can no longer fly through rocks in Al Kharid.
  • Certain pieces of equipment no longer have two "remove" options on the equip interface.
  • The game chat filter now hides cooking messages in Dungeoneering.
  • Pyre logs now have the correct requirements listed in the Skill Advance Guide.
  • The Onyx amulet now has the correct level requirement listed in the Skill Advance Guide.
  • A typo on the signposts pointing to Gunnarsgrunn has been fixed.
  • The Crafting interface for Sea singer armour now correctly states on the scrolls that it is a hood not a headband.
  • Special pets no longer remove the players inventory panel if they fail to enter their Bank PIN.
  • The Customization interface now aligns the category text correctly when opened via certain NPCs.
  • The Dragon keepsake box no longer shows an item as activated when a player equips the same item without activating the keepsake box.
  • The Skill Advance Guide has been updated to reflect that the Saradomin's Murmur has a level 70 Ranged requirement.
  • A warning before entering the Wilderness from the Frozen Fortress has been added.
  • The information pane on the Player Owned Ports armour crafting stations has been updated to display the correct armour value of items that the player will see.
  • The traits 'Fast Learner' and 'Slow Witted' now work correctly in Player-Owned Ports.[/hide]

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Betting Google sponsored that. Firefox supports ~80% of HTML5 features while Chrome does about ~90%... big difference is Firefox doesn't like MP3 / H.264 and other proprietary formats.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Well, looks like Archaeology is the new skill.

There's an intriguing archaeological dig happening near the Legends' Guild. Head on over and take a look!

If that isn't a massive hint, then I don't know what is.

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Betting Google sponsored that. Firefox supports ~80% of HTML5 features while Chrome does about ~90%... big difference is Firefox doesn't like MP3 / H.264 and other proprietary formats.

That wouldn't be too surprising, considering that we already had the "Chrome goggles" a year ago...

• Like 1

There's an intriguing archaeological dig happening near the Legends' Guild. Head on over and take a look!

Could just be uncovering the entrance to the temple for TWW? :P

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Players dying at the Kalphite King should no longer have their Kept on Death interface closed if they died during a certain attack.

Hahaha "should". ILY Jagex.

• Like 2

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

That or it could be something to do with the new quest? :unsure:

• A certain resident of Rellekka has been out of sorts lately. Why not head over there and see if you can help out

This could have something to do with it aswell, we'll see after the update I guess

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Could just be uncovering the entrance to the temple for TWW? :P

I suppose. Didn't watch the BTS on that quest thingy, lol.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Other news really has the gold this week:

Resident out of sorts in rellekka

Digsite near legends

2000+ and 2400+ worlds

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Woot. No mention of fixing the mime mask bug. I keep my invisible head for at least another week. :grin:

Chrome's already the most popular browser among RuneScape players

That's a bold claim. Where did they get that from?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Woot. No mention of fixing the mime mask bug. I keep my invisible head for at least another week. :grin:

Chrome's already the most popular browser among RuneScape players

That's a bold claim. Where did they get that from?

From the fact every time you load their applet they can log basic facts about how you access the game. Eg browser, OS etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Seems like the combat formula doesn't apply to monsters.

KK has level 85 in combat stats, but his combat level is 230.

I wouldn't take those stats verbatum atm since it's still beta and there are other notable errors.

Eg fame is marked as attackable

Most monsters can only show their melee attack animation (but other are possible check frosts)

Hark-Aken lacks a head and both tentacles are marked as f2p

Plv6Dz6.jpg

yiMkJ3q.jpg

So they kept the hints nice and subtle then...

Side-bar Jmods did allude to the fact this quest might contain hints towards the new skills so archeology could be a hint

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Holy mother[bleep]ing ball shit. Genuinely excited for this quest.

Just ran to gwd, was spam clicking on the climb down hole and I saw a Mahjarrat appear just to the south of the entrance.

Went out and in but couldnt get it to reappear.

Anyone?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

This bestiary is pretty impressive, I must say. RS is gonna look quite awesome when that HTML5 update comes along.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

HOLY [bLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP]

[HIDE=MAJOR SPOILER]

LKHYmIk.jpg

[/HIDE]

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Holy mother[bleep]ing ball shit. Genuinely excited for this quest.

Just ran to gwd, was spam clicking on the climb down hole and I saw a Mahjarrat appear just to the south of the entrance.

Went out and in but couldnt get it to reappear.

Anyone?

kTqEtBs.jpg

• Like 1

bGmskuB.gif