18-2-2013 The RuneScape Bestiary

Carl

[hide=Spoilers]

Someone was unable to start the thing for some reason, and he didn't have 90 prayer. We just both figured that you needed 90 to start it.

As far as I can tell though, you have to have done "The Blood Runs Deep" and the "Rital of the Mahjarrat" to do it. If you don't need 90 strength/prayer to do it, I think those are the only requirements.

agreed, you HAVE to have those quests to actually even understand what they talk about anyway... I'm not sure about the lvl reqs but I would say to get the full rewards in the end, as in all the hidden ones as well, we're going to need 90 prayer among other levels.

[hide=Spoiler]

We should make up a list of what happens where after you've done this, and where to go to see all of the cutscenes and such. just a suggestion

For starters, I used the shortcut next to the ge and the figure appeared for a second as I went under and reappeared, some others have said that he appears at GWD, and at the digsite as well. List any others you see and I'll try to update them here.

[/hide]

[hide]

GWD is a mahjratt. The digsite and ge are both a shadowy mage[/hide]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Holy mother[bleep]ing ball shit. Genuinely excited for this quest.

Just ran to gwd, was spam clicking on the climb down hole and I saw a Mahjarrat appear just to the south of the entrance.

Went out and in but couldnt get it to reappear.

Anyone?

kTqEtBs.jpg

I just went to GWD entrance and got the exact same thing as pictured here... So maybe its affected by something that you did during a previous quest or during the mini-quest?

[/hide]

Hmmm... and the plot thickens.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

I can't be the only one lagging like hell lol.

I try to change the animal to cow and it doesn't load.

Ahh. Maybe my computer is awful.

I think theres a few key things to remember with the bestiary atm:

1) It's a beta its not going to run perfectly

2) It requires storing a large amount of data, this means it'll be slow to load stuff at first viewing

3) With the initial rush of interest load times will be slowed due to everybody and their mum loading it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No, you are not the only one. I'm lagging like hell to.

I even missed a screenshot of the shady figure at ge because of it :(

edit: oh, you meant lag in the bestiary :razz:

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Bestiary keeps demanding access to Local Storage, yet there's no prompt for me to offer it some :(

Should appear as a yellow banner at top of window

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No, you are not the only one. I'm lagging like hell to.

I even missed a screenshot of the shady figure at ge because of it :(

edit: oh, you meant lag in the bestiary :razz:

I think its a problem with the bestiary, and even if you close it your other processes will get lagged to hell because of it, seems to be what mines doing. Restart pc and don't go near the bestiary I guess :S

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

It seems that the shadowy figure appears for single players. Only you can see it.

And someone found out that you can trigger it at the digsite by standing near the stairs, going to the lobby, logging back in and then running down the stairs a bit.

(That worked for me and I managed to get a screenie too)

[hide]359e001.png[/hide]

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

[hide]359e001.png[/hide]

It's Jhallan, we failed to protect him so he's back from the dead and out for revenge! :ohnoes:

• Like 2

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

[hide]359e001.png[/hide]

It's Jhallan, we failed to protect him so he's back from the dead and out for revenge! :ohnoes:

[hide]Just realised the robes look quite seasinger-ish, though they're evidently not meant to be :P[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The shadowy figure is... ZAROS!!!! He's checking on his BFF Azzanadra at the Digsite and making sure Nex is still a player killing machine of death.

(I'm probably wrong.)

Wrong digsite.

Everyone is refering to the new digsite beside legends guild.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The shadowy figure is... ZAROS!!!! He's checking on his BFF Azzanadra at the Digsite and making sure Nex is still a player killing machine of death.

(I'm probably wrong.)

Wrong digsite.

Everyone is refering to the new digsite beside legends guild.

I made it clearer. I hadn't yet got a chance to check out the update.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

As soon as I saw the in other news section about a Fremmy in need I almost spazzed out. Being a massive lore nerd this was just simply brilliant.

I'm surprised that they put so much effort into such a reveal though, wasn't actually expecting the cutscene and everything. Also, isn't the

Toy Ship

an item from classic?

Sylpheed.png

Yes it is and it is no longer obtainable!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Bestiary is impressive but unofficial runescape wiki is still better. Bestiary might be good for new players.

Awesome for fansites to get uniform, tidy pictures of monsters (once it's out of beta and working properly)

Also good for meta's to get more precise data on monsters.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

as before, you will be charged the second time onwards for replacing the new balmung

however as it cannot be alched, you may want to extract your value from old balmung once, replace it for the free time you got for that, and then do the stuff to upgrade it

8f14270694.jpg

Can't get the bestiary to work.

RS says to allow local storage access, even though I allow it in my settings. I also get no prompt whatsoever.

Uhuh.

I'll wait till they fix this for Firefox.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]