18-2-2013 The RuneScape Bestiary

Carl

I am extremely disappointed that the quest won't be coming this week. Such a cruel tease.

Only a tease if you hadn't already realised when the quest would be around a fortnight ago when the sinkholes friday video showed next week as a community management video meaning the quest would not be this week but the week after.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide]

2HyfO0u.png

[/hide]

I played a game with a mech that looked like that once. :lol:

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The upgraded Balmung is very strong.

1540 slice crit on a dummy (with void, base max 1400).

2233 slice crit on dagannoth (again with void).

1400 * 1.1 * 1.5 = 2310

1400 * (1.6) = 2240

So approximately a 50% boost, added to void?

That's a higher damage output than maul. For reference:

Kata 2h @ 1599 damage

Gorg 2h @ 1828 damage

Prom 2h @ 2056 damage

Prim 2h @ 2262 damage

Balmung equals kata 2h, with a 50% boost. Could be by far the highest tier* weapon damage-wise, not sure on accuracy.

*equivalent.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The upgraded Balmung is very strong.

1540 slice crit on a dummy (with void, base max 1400).

2233 slice crit on dagannoth (again with void).

1400 * 1.1 * 1.5 = 2310

1400 * (1.6) = 2240

So approximately a 50% boost, added to void?

That's a higher damage output than maul. For reference:

Kata 2h @ 1599 damage

Gorg 2h @ 1828 damage

Prom 2h @ 2056 damage

Prim 2h @ 2262 damage

Balmung equals kata 2h, with a 50% boost. Could be by far the highest tier* weapon damage-wise, not sure on accuracy.

*equivalent.

Hold the phone!

Are you actually saying Jagex has given us a unique weapon, designed for killing specific monsters, that may not only be actually worth using but may actually be a contender for one of the best weapon choices in-game?

Are we in the matrix since this update o.O

• Like 6

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

if improved balmung's accuracy is high enough to be viable vs prime and supreme, they might actually be reasonable now. (please?)

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

if improved balmung's accuracy is high enough to be viable vs prime and supreme, they might actually be reasonable now. (please?)

it has tier 70 base accuracy, though I guess that could have an invisible boost too

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

For all of you having problems with bestiary on Chrome, you must have wooden PCs. My 2011 computer can run it totally smoothly.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I can say one thing, this quest must be pretty huge if they release lead-up clues and teasers towards it. The last I remember that happening was the strange power to Dungeoneering, and before that, the Strange mage and the Dragonkin/Stone of Jas insignias for While Guthix Sleeps (and, lest we forget, Movario in the Dorgeshuun Agility course and Wizard Elriss's Ring of Charos conversation).

Bit of a shame Kharshai is Kosschei though. People always speculated it solely on the grounds their names were similar and that Kosschei had magical resurrection powers. I'unno, I was hoping for a something out of left field; like Hans or some random man in west Varrock.

Oh well.

• Like 1

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I can say one thing, this quest must be pretty huge if they release lead-up clues and teasers towards it. The last I remember that happening was the strange power to Dungeoneering, and before that, the Strange mage and the Dragonkin/Stone of Jas insignias for While Guthix Sleeps (and, lest we forget, Movario in the Dorgeshuun Agility course and Wizard Elriss's Ring of Charos conversation).

Bit of a shame Kharshai is Kosschei though. People always speculated it solely on the grounds their names were similar and that Kosschei had magical resurrection powers. I'unno, I was hoping for a something out of left field; like Hans or some random man in west Varrock.

Oh well.

And another is Kuradal ;D

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Oh well.

Actually, it wasn't just the similar names that linked them together. Koschei's backstory specifically details that he washed up on the shore of Relekka with absolutely no memory of who he was or where he came from.

There's also details written somewhere (for the life of me can't remember) that state an individual saw a previous ritual take place and was so bewildered by witnessing something so incomprehensible that he blacked out or lost his memory.

I'm heavily paraphrasing there and someone else may remember the details better than me but the link definitely wasn't as thin as they shared similar names.

Sylpheed.png

I suspect the shadowy figure may be Bilrach or Moia; the face under the hood has ridges that seem Mahjarattian for sure and the magic hnads reminds me of the power Moia got near the end of tht saga

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I've also heard speculation that it might be Sliske:

hSIABDM.png

If you look carefully there are similarities in their clothing, perhaps a graphical rework? We already know Sliske is pretty interested in us, after all... Of course, Sliske has a white face, so it could also just be coincidence!

Can't wait for this quest.:)

Yeah Sliske was like my third choice my only doubt was that his model was so recent why would they update it?

Where as Bilrach/Moia have been down in Daemonheim for aaagggggeeeees so they prob woulda changed clothes.

But then on the otherhand Sliske model is very bland as mahajratt go so would make sense for it to be updated, plus it would tie in with the figure apeearing at GWD (he tricked someone into awakening nex) and the fact that Osbourne hinted we might be seeing Nex in this quest. Alos 'shadowy figure' Sliske delves the shadows trope and his stalking of us would key in since we know he wants to make us a wight like the barrow bros.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The other side of the coin is that the Dragon Riders described Zaros as a "shadowy figure" when he observed them before bringing them to Gelinor, although I'd be surprised if Zaros himself were back in the world without us hearing about it...

• Like 1

The other side of the coin is that the Dragon Riders described Zaros as a "shadowy figure" when he observed them before bringing them to Gelinor, although I'd be surprised if Zaros himself were back in the world without us hearing about it...

True plus why would Zaros look Mahjarattian?

The desert gods brought the Mahjaratt to Gielinor only to have them later abandon them for Zaros which means Zaros is not a mahjratt who became a god (barring some epic twist)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I definitely don't think it's Moia/Bilrach. Bilrach is so devoted to Zamorak that even if he has gone just a tad bit mental I don't think he would ever be seen sporting a symbol of Zaros on his clothing. And the figure is quite masculine to be Moia.

The frame of this character is definitely that of a Mahjarrat (definitely a Mahjarrat model at the least), but there's something about the face that seems rather 'empty' ( :lol: ) which makes me think back to this fellow, albeit with a graphical makeover:

Zaros_chathead_zps1440e05a.png

There's been a lot of things happening in the past 2 months, there's been several references to Zaros (even by name rather than title!) and his Demons have started appearing. The demons were the initial test of the boundaries on Gielinor for both Zamorak and Zaros, perhaps now the Empty Lord is testing out projecting his image?

And although it is kinda loose, the particles around the hands does take me to this kinda spoilery thing if you haven't done ROTM.

[spoiler=Ritual of the Mahjarrat Spoilers]

Although Saradomin is using the Stone of Jas at the time and it's coming from the Stone, not Saradomin himself, the particle effects around the hands does make me think back to this:

Saradomin_uses_SOJ.png

Perhaps I'm just too optimistic for a Return of Zaros. I know Jagex have said he won't be coming back this year but I do wonder if they were being ambiguous in a way. Perhaps he'll appear (astral projection) but not actually be here!

Maybe he's sensed the discovery of the Guthix temple and intends to use it to further his goal of returning?

I dunno if I agree with the face seeming empty logic - after all his hood is pulled right forward and he is meant to be 'shadowed' it just looks like his face is hidden in the shadow of the hood to conceal who/what he is

Plv6Dz6.jpg

My money's on Sliske to be honest. Like Sy said, there are some similar characteristics and the shadowy figure, minus the face, does look like a graphically updated version of him.

Let's not forget, RotM is already two years old and considering how good they made Kharshai look, I wouldn't be surprised if they were planning to update other Mahjarrat models.

Also, the purple particles around the hands made me think of the Barrows lore story where it describes how Sliske's power seeped into the Barrows like A thick purple fog or whatever.

Sylpheed.png