Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

chenw

Is the blue giant in guthix past Saradomin? This might be what Jagex meant by him having a dark side.

Someone posted an image on here before, of a sara star in the Guthix realm that we visit in TWW. So...Perhaps. But we can't say for sure. At least not now.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Is the blue giant in guthix past Saradomin? This might be what Jagex meant by him having a dark side.

Do we really have to use hide tags still? Anyway, couldn't it be Skargaroth?

I wasn't sure so figured just in case. Could be Skargaroth I suppose since we don't know his original coloring. I just thought it interesting that it mentioned a blue man which is sara's current portrayal.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I wasn't sure so figured just in case. Could be Skargaroth I suppose since we don't know his original coloring. I just thought it interesting that it mentioned a blue man which is sara's current portrayal.

Maybe. But Guthix said it was a blue giant, and Saradomin is only a bit taller than the average human.

Maybe. But Guthix said it was a blue giant, and Saradomin is only a bit taller than the average human.

Gods can change how they look case and point - Guthix is a tiny human sized thing vs a GIANT cave filling monster. Not to mention he's been a butterfly and seen at humanoid size bringing people through portal in Meeting History.

I'd be inclined to say the blue giant is meant to be sara - the whole razed the city because they angered him seems fitting of what we know of him thus far.

Plus the 'great tusked beast' that he fights with sounds like Skargoth and/or maybe Bandos.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Gods can change how they look case and point - Guthix is a tiny human sized thing vs a GIANT cave filling monster. Not to mention he's been a butterfly and seen at humanoid size bringing people through portal in Meeting History.

I'd be inclined to say the blue giant is meant to be sara - the whole razed the city because they angered him seems fitting of what we know of him thus far.

Plus the 'great tusked beast' that he fights with sounds like Skargoth and/or maybe Bandos.

Does this take place before he ascended?

It seems like we really want Saradomin to be the bad guy here :razz:

He was a god when he found Gielinor so the humanoid in meeting history, butterfly, floating skull and giant form are all post-godhood

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Shameless, token update which only serves as a segway into solomon's store.

07 FTW.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It seems like we really want Saradomin to be the bad guy here :razz:

Just being picky here, but at least under god letters lore, only Guthix is/was a shape shifter. That said, they've made changes, such as giving Guthix a gender and a mortal origin story, so I suppose there is no reasonable expectation that the god letters are still considered cannon.

The update looks nice, though I would have actually liked to see them make a new generation of quests that are post world wakes, that can't be completed until that quest is done. Kind of makes your charecter a time traveler otherwise but whatever. I'll be trying this out later, and I already did the quest so no time travelling for me (until I go back and finish the quests I've not yet done).

He was a god when he found Gielinor so the humanoid in meeting history, butterfly, floating skull and giant form are all post-godhood

I'm talking about the flashbacks.

Well yeah the flashbacks are before Guthix was a god.

I don't see how that is relevant though?

The matter of debate was whether Saradomin could be the 'blue giant' considering when we've seen him he's not particularly giant.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

and his relationship with the goddess Seren will be revealed

[hide]9F08FM1.jpg[/hide]

Finally, Memstix and Runestax are building a tribute stone for Guthix just north of Falador. To pay your own tribute to Guthix, contribute a piece of rune essence to the stone. When you do so, you'll find out how many players have done the same thing. The stone will persist even when the event is over and - if at least 250,000 rune essence is added across the game worlds - the stone will act as a permanent prayer altar and small obelisk.

I would have zero use for something like this, but I find it really cool that player participation would "make" such a thing.

• Like 3

hzvjpwS.gif

07 FTW.

Have fun living in the past with No updates

Q: Dragon Breath just simply have a low chance to hit compared to every other ability. I have yet to miss a wrack on Barrow brothers since the last update, but my dragon breath only hits half the time. Having the Sonic blast cast before that doesn't improve its accuracy a great deal either. it seems there is an inherent inaccuracy with Dragon Breath.

It's been like that since EoC was released, I am surprised its still like that

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

07 FTW.

Q: Dragon Breath just simply have a low chance to hit compared to every other ability. I have yet to miss a wrack on Barrow brothers since the last update, but my dragon breath only hits half the time. Having the Sonic blast cast before that doesn't improve its accuracy a great deal either. it seems there is an inherent inaccuracy with Dragon Breath.

You'll also notice something simlar when using the old flurry threshold for melee dual weild, the amount it misses is laughable.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Oh, in case anyone having the sky high jump teleport, it's currently bugged in such a way that during a home port, it looks like you have a very severe case of parkinson's disease inflicted through out your body

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

The problem with Dragon Breath is that it's a directional attack (similar to Cleave), and sometimes it's unable to hit the "effective square" that the opponent is covering, meaning that it "misses". Not the fault of its accuracy, rather how it works.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Which is a problem, because I only use Dragon breath when standing diagonally from a monster, and it misses a lot.

tim_chenw2.png

Which is a problem, because I only use Dragon breath when standing diagonally from a monster, and it misses a lot.

I think you've figured out yourself how to fix your problem.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I never really noticed Dragonbreath missing often for me, but what you guys are saying seems to make sense. I have noticed that from certain angles it will only hit 1 target despite it being very close to another. In other instances if I change the angle, it will hit both targets.

I think you've figured out yourself how to fix your problem.

Not exactly, because I prefer not to get hit by the monster I am trying to dragon breath, which is why I am going through the trouble of standing diagonally from him in the first place.

tim_chenw2.png

07 FTW.

It's been confirmed already that they'd be having polls to decide which updates to add to 2007 servers.