Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mierin
The dual wield magic basic is very good.

The event also offers quite a nice bit of xp, and I got dungeoneering xp (not my lowest stat). Do Tears work like that as well now :o?

Got the same memories as Bruno, in the same order, so it'd be the same for everyone I think?

@Chenw: Dragon breath should not have an accuracy penalty afaik, if you are missing a lot on dummies or something maybe you should submit a bug report.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latin
Concentrated Blast is pretty overpowered for a basic ability. 315% spell damage, over three seconds.

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
It's great to get some more insight into RS lore. The new abilities seems good and useful as well ^^

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

The dual wield magic basic is very good.

The event also offers quite a nice bit of xp, and I got dungeoneering xp (not my lowest stat). Do Tears work like that as well now :o?

Got the same memories as Bruno, in the same order, so it'd be the same for everyone I think?

@Chenw: Dragon breath should not have an accuracy penalty afaik, if you are missing a lot on dummies or something maybe you should submit a bug report.

Yeah tears got fixed when they updated them if all 25 skills = 99+ but dg is <120 it gives xp to dg. Once dg = 120 it goes back to purely xp based for lowest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts
I haven't done the event yet, but it sounds neat. Though, it's a shame that the Guthixian sword override only works on 2h Swords and not mauls too (not that doing so would much sense) because I would have liked to use one over my Chaotic Maul. There just aren't very many 2h sword options for high levels aside from Godswords (which are inferior to Mauls).

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts

Do we really have to use hide tags still? Anyway, couldn't it be Skargaroth?

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring
I wasn't sure so figured just in case. Could be Skargaroth I suppose since we don't know his original coloring. I just thought it interesting that it mentioned a blue man which is sara's current portrayal.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts

I wasn't sure so figured just in case. Could be Skargaroth I suppose since we don't know his original coloring. I just thought it interesting that it mentioned a blue man which is sara's current portrayal.

Maybe. But Guthix said it was a blue giant, and Saradomin is only a bit taller than the average human.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
I like that they fixed black bolts.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Maybe. But Guthix said it was a blue giant, and Saradomin is only a bit taller than the average human.

Gods can change how they look case and point - Guthix is a tiny human sized thing vs a GIANT cave filling monster. Not to mention he's been a butterfly and seen at humanoid size bringing people through portal in Meeting History.

I'd be inclined to say the blue giant is meant to be sara - the whole razed the city because they angered him seems fitting of what we know of him thus far.
Plus the 'great tusked beast' that he fights with sounds like Skargoth and/or maybe Bandos.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Gods can change how they look case and point - Guthix is a tiny human sized thing vs a GIANT cave filling monster. Not to mention he's been a butterfly and seen at humanoid size bringing people through portal in Meeting History.

I'd be inclined to say the blue giant is meant to be sara - the whole razed the city because they angered him seems fitting of what we know of him thus far.
Plus the 'great tusked beast' that he fights with sounds like Skargoth and/or maybe Bandos.

Does this take place before he ascended?

It seems like we really want Saradomin to be the bad guy here :razz:

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

He was a god when he found Gielinor so the humanoid in meeting history, butterfly, floating skull and giant form are all post-godhood

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Shameless, token update which only serves as a segway into solomon's store.
07 FTW.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

He was a god when he found Gielinor so the humanoid in meeting history, butterfly, floating skull and giant form are all post-godhood

I'm talking about the flashbacks.

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

It seems like we really want Saradomin to be the bad guy here :razz:

Just being picky here, but at least under god letters lore, only Guthix is/was a shape shifter. That said, they've made changes, such as giving Guthix a gender and a mortal origin story, so I suppose there is no reasonable expectation that the god letters are still considered cannon.

The update looks nice, though I would have actually liked to see them make a new generation of quests that are post world wakes, that can't be completed until that quest is done. Kind of makes your charecter a time traveler otherwise but whatever. I'll be trying this out later, and I already did the quest so no time travelling for me (until I go back and finish the quests I've not yet done).

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

I'm talking about the flashbacks.

Well yeah the flashbacks are before Guthix was a god.
I don't see how that is relevant though?

The matter of debate was whether Saradomin could be the 'blue giant' considering when we've seen him he's not particularly giant.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

and his relationship with the goddess Seren will be revealed

Finally, Memstix and Runestax are building a tribute stone for Guthix just north of Falador. To pay your own tribute to Guthix, contribute a piece of rune essence to the stone. When you do so, you'll find out how many players have done the same thing. The stone will persist even when the event is over and - if at least 250,000 rune essence is added across the game worlds - the stone will act as a permanent prayer altar and small obelisk.

I would have zero use for something like this, but I find it really cool that player participation would "make" such a thing.

hzvjpwS.gif

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

Shameless, token update which only serves as a segway into solomon's store.
07 FTW.

Have fun living in the past with No updates

Q: Dragon Breath just simply have a low chance to hit compared to every other ability. I have yet to miss a wrack on Barrow brothers since the last update, but my dragon breath only hits half the time. Having the Sonic blast cast before that doesn't improve its accuracy a great deal either. it seems there is an inherent inaccuracy with Dragon Breath.

It's been like that since EoC was released, I am surprised its still like that

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users