Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

chenw

Yeah i'm not saying I don't get by, just frustrates me I now have to choose between two abilities xD. And yeah I haven't played WoW but i've seen it enough, I want actionbars like that and a fullscreen! I can't have chat open else I misclick too much, it takes up most of the screen -_-

So why not play WOW? or get a bigger screen? external monitors are fairly cheap now a days...

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Yeah i'm not saying I don't get by, just frustrates me I now have to choose between two abilities xD. And yeah I haven't played WoW but i've seen it enough, I want actionbars like that and a fullscreen! I can't have chat open else I misclick too much, it takes up most of the screen sleep.gif

We already have full screen? I play with resizable mode because I have 21in wide screens and don't need that much rs.

EDIT: Do we know how long the will last for? Its starting to sound like alot of xp. Wiki says its 22x level for xp, at 20 per day for 30 days your looking at 13200 x level. at 80 its 1,056,000 xp.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I play on resizable too, the only thing that gets resized is the black bars around the screen.

@mls, Diablo > WoW any day. My gaming habit is already expensive enough. + i've invested years in this game and I still enjoy it, why would I bother? I'll wait, this is the evolution of combat, i'll see where it ends up.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I play on resizable too, the only thing that gets resized is the black bars around the screen.

@mls, Diablo > WoW any day. My gaming habit is already expensive enough. + i've invested years in this game and I still enjoy it, why would I bother? I'll wait, this is the evolution of combat, i'll see where it ends up.

You can change a setting that lets your max screen size be anything, I have zero black bar.

Don't holiday events normally last for 2 weeks?

Is this the holiday event? Some mod on the RS wiki is going hard core saying this isn't it.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So runescape takes up your whole screen? Not just a square with black bars around it?

I've tried everything, fixed. Resizable (black bars) and full screen (only 800 x 600 option so it's still same screen as fixed, resizable but just full screen with black bars)

Teach me your ways, master

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I think perhaps some of your settings have limited you to 800 x 600, when that should not be the cap. Perhaps having it on minimum or not Direct-X, I'm not sure because I don't play full screen. But I know if some of the other graphics settings are too low it can cap the resolution on full screen.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

So runescape takes up your whole screen? Not just a square with black bars around it?

I've tried everything, fixed. Resizable (black bars) and full screen (only 800 x 600 option so it's still same screen as fixed, resizable but just full screen with black bars)

Teach me your ways, master

Now that software is gone, go into your settings for either DirectX or OpenGL, and on the right hand size it says max screen size, you can choose any, I think most default to 1024X768, standard resolution type deal. Only person I've ever seen have issues was my room mate because he was using a TV instead of a monitor, which doesn't have the resolution.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Piercing shot, binding shot, frag shot, ricochet, rapid fire, bombardment, are all manditory ones, that makes 6 abilites, leaving you 7-9 and 0-=, maybe you want to put on the new ultimate too so now you have 5 spaces, alright you put on one of the new ones thats still 4 more spaces. And your bar is full why?

You'll need freedom/anticipation in many situations, it's useful to bind more than one ultimate and I would like to bind prayers/food and ppots too. It's easy to run out of space.

Piercing shot, binding shot, frag shot, ricochet, rapid fire, bombardment, are all manditory ones, that makes 6 abilites, leaving you 7-9 and 0-=, maybe you want to put on the new ultimate too so now you have 5 spaces, alright you put on one of the new ones thats still 4 more spaces. And your bar is full why?

You'll need freedom/anticipation in many situations, it's useful to bind more than one ultimate and I would like to bind prayers/food and ppots too. It's easy to run out of space.

If your using action buttons on your keyboard you shold be able to leave your inventory open for clicking prayers/food. And when would you want more the none ultimate?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

[spoiler=All cutscenes from butterflies]

1)

...never saw Aagi more alive than the day her horns appeared. It was as if she saw her whole adult life ahead of her, and it filled her with excitement.

'What shall I be, daddy? What shall I do?' I told her she could be and do whatever she wanted. That made her even more excited.

She came up with dozens of plans: she would be a diviner; a light-sculptor; a butterfly catcher. I sat with her and tried to explain what each role involved.

She had so much to learn about the world, but she was so eager. It was too early to guess about what she would be - what she would have been...

2)

...a chance to teach Aagi about the tradition of hospitality. She sat on the nomad’s lap and nodded like a serious grown-up, although I don’t think she understood his story.

The nomad told us about a magical disturbance near Askroth. The diviners were ecstatic; saying that it had opened up whole new lines of research.

The most popular theory was that it was a portal, and that it was yet to fully open. A portal to another world! The diviners were arranging a welcoming committee...

3)

...since dawn in the refugee camp, and I was exhausted. The news from Askroth became worse with each band to arrive.

The great city of Askroth was no more. Terrified refugees spoke of a blue man the size of a mountain. The diviners had angered him, they said, and in that anger he had razed the city.

They pointed to a building on the horizon, built on the ruins of Askroth. The giant's army was marching downriver. Our cities were assembling armies of their own, but I didn’t see how they would stand a...

4)

...her sleep had been uneasy. Aagi slept with a frown, clutching her butterfly net. My heart ached to see her - my daughter, yet a child, who had lived her meagre few centuries in times of war. How long had it been since I'd heard her laugh? I considered sending her away with the refugees, more of whom left each year, but they were running out of places to go.

At daybreak, a distant sound roused me. I dashed outside to witness a huge, tusked creature crashing upon the white fortress of the blue giant.

The blue giant materialised and grappled with the beast. My heart cried out with hope. Perhaps, finally, this strange beast was our salvation...

5)

...the boar-like beast was mindless. She did not wish to be worshipped, like the blue giant did: for all her power, she was but an animal, enraged and hungry for carnage.

A brutish race of squat, green creatures followed behind her, killing and stealing in her wake, broad grins on their faces. The beast paid them no heed.

It would not be long before the strange beast reached our homestead. I made a bed for Aagi in the storm cellar, and bade her to stay out of sight. I was not one for violence, but I still had the scavenged blade, and who else was there to stand between those creatures and...

6)

...the world ablaze, my neighbours dead all around. Even the blue giant had abandoned our world, leaving it to the strange beast. A group of the boar's green brutes turned their visors toward me.

Then, I saw it: the beast itself – huge and hoofed like a wild boar, thick hair down her side, and horns arcing over a slavering, hungry mouth. Before my people had died, they had given her a name: Tuska.

Tiny, bead-like eyes measured me. I hid my head in my hands and wished for a quick death.

There was a crashing. I hid my head still...

7)

...a new creature set upon Tuska. Tall and muscled, he was a great warrior, wielding a sword that crackled and sparked.

Tuska's warband of squat, green creatures screamed 'Death to Skargaroth!' as if they had met the hulking warrior before. They piled onto him, biting and stabbing. Blood poured from one of Tuska's eyes, and she careened wildly, wounded in the melee.

Still, Tuska span around and gored Skargaroth's side with her tusks. Skargaroth bellowed and dropped his sword, madly tumbling. I moved out of the way, and Skargaroth crashed into my homestead...

8)

...I felt nothing. I was numb, and Aagi's name was a lump in my throat. The storm cellar was crushed. I could sense an emptiness in the universe as Aagi - my only daughter - died under the unconscious form of Skargaroth.

Tuska - the boar beast - charged at Skargaroth, but I was in the way. I rolled aside and aimed a thrust of the sword at Tuska's remaining eye. Tuska howled and charged blindly away, her pack of squat, green creatures rushing to follow.

Filled with fury, I moved towards Skargaroth as he staggered away. I resolved to bury the blade into the brute's back...

9)

...understanding flooded through me as Skargaroth's blood covered my hands. I was drawn to isolated thoughts, while other details rushed by. But this I knew: there were artefacts, left by elders who came before. These items were conduits for their power, used to refine, to create on smaller scales, to create perfection.

Twelve items, like the sword. A flash of recognition - one was worn by Saradomin: the blue giant. It had drawn Tuska and Skargaroth to our...my world.

The crown located other artefacts, but it would - in turn - attract those who kept them...

10)

...found I could move between worlds - opening portals with cuts of the sword. I lost count of the number I visited. Some were dead, and others rotten with war, but others were filled with life.

There was a world that had no distinction between the natural and the artificial, and all things were tended by squat, diligent craftsmen.

There was a world of serene crystal, where immortal artists and philosophers contemplated thoughts that I could barely comprehend.

There was a moon - close to a lush-looking planet - whose tiny winged inhabitants opened portals to explore the wonders of the multiverse...

11)

...my search ended. This...this was what I had been looking for, yet until I set foot here I had not known it. So much beauty...a world completely unspoiled.

Of all the worlds I had travelled to, this one felt a masterwork of creation. All others had been mere steps towards what lay before me. I was finally at peace.

I searched this world as if a giddy child – every discovery a revelation. Many of the elders' artefacts were here - a staff, a horn, a stone - but I knew their power and kept them hidden.

This world was not solely for me. This was a world to be shared with races most deserving...

12)

...confided my intentions to Seren. We'd grown close, and I had no intention of abandoning her. I wanted to persuade her to likewise leave Gielinor – if the world was to be for mortals, then neither of us should remain. Her eyes glistened with crystal and with tears, but I believed she would leave her people to rest with me...

13)

...had no need of mortals to help construct my new dwelling. The stone gave me more power than before.

I considered telling my people - the people - what I was doing, but I decided against it. A promise to someday return would only fuel the worship they have begun to show me.

No, It would be better just to fade away. My appearances have grown fewer and fewer. My final disappearance would have no fanfare.

They could not sustain my cult forever if I withdrew all evidence of my existence. I would sleep in my hidden dwelling until they forgot me.

They would be happier then. Happy and free. Seren promised that she would follow me, after leaving her people in...

14)

...thought that I had been transported to another world. But no. Through the haze of pain I made out the mountains and coastlines I had loved when they had been covered with greenery.

Then, I saw him: the blue giant. He looked just as he had when he helped destroy my world. He was locked in battle with another.

The stone had made me more powerful than them. It was easy for me to open portals and cast them out of my world.

But it was my lack of foresight that had led to this. In my eagerness to let the mortals live without me, I had forgotten the other gods and their ambition.

I would not make that mistake again. Even as I wept over my wounded world, I built new defences for it: a magical shield that...

15)

...The creatures still remembered me, and I could not help but reveal myself to them as I rebuilt. Yet, I still wanted them to forget.

The world was as safe as I could make it. I resolved to sleep once more, for as long as it took.

No gods, no war. Nature, balance, freedom, and peace...

http://services.rune...ibute_to_Guthix

To anyone wondering, the blue giant is indeed Saradomin. You can read the RS wiki with all the transcripts. It's really a sad story. :s

EDIT: that horn he speaks of, would it be the horn we gave to Azzanadra as a beacon for Zaros? ;s

To anyone wondering, the blue giant is indeed Saradomin. You can read the RS wiki with all the transcripts. It's really a sad story. :s

EDIT: that horn he speaks of, would it be the horn we gave to Azzanadra as a beacon for Zaros? ;s

It could be the frostenhorn indeed.

Most interesting bit in the memories people seem to be overlooking.

"...the boar-like beast was mindless. She did not wish to be worshipped, like the blue giant did: for all her power, she was but an animal, enraged and hungry for carnage.

A brutish race of squat, green creatures followed behind her, killing and stealing in her wake, broad grins on their faces. The beast paid them no heed."

Attacking Saradomin, brutish-boar like only wants carnage as 'squat green creatures' that kill, steal and laugh about it?

Sounds awfully like Bandos (Or Tuska as they called it) and the goblins...but note 'she'

By the sounds of all this Bandos is both blind and female, and did not want worship and followers but seems to of took them on since being blind. Unless of course Tuska is like Bandos's wife or something?

Interesting that Seren and Guthix seem to of been lovers and that Seren was meant to retreat into the cave with him to hide, especially as Jmods confirmed Seren never left, is she still in the cave? Did they have a child perhaps? etc.

Also the memories specific 12 elder artefacts that are 'conduits for their power' to create refinement on a smaller scale.

I'm curious as to how the artefacts fall in with what we already know:

Does the Kiln and Tokhaar still count as one, or is that instead just something left behind but not a true artefact?

But yeah definitely 5 confirmed - the crown, the sword, the staff, the horn and the stone.

4 we know with certainty:

Stone of Jas - Offers immense magical power - hidden.

Saradomin's Crown - Locates the other 11 and draws god's to it - With Sara.

Armadyl's Staff - Use unknown - With Sliske/Dragonkin.

Skargaroth's Sword - Slices reality to make portals between worlds - Broken in the Guthix Temple.

Frostenhorn thingy seems likely for the Horn in question thought it could also perhaps be the BA horn too (seems unlikely though).

Edit interesting point I thought of in passing - assuming there are 3 Elder gods only that's 4 artefacts a piece and they do seem potentially divisible to themes if you consider the staff and stone as giant looming elder god-sized wand and orb, in which case you could theorise (very speculatively) the Sword has a shield or something with it and the Horn perhaps goes with a bow (for mage, melee, range) then all 3 possible have head gear based off the crown. Leaving their 4th as mystery - possibly the 4th being less an item and more a feature eg the never uncovered even by Guthix seemingly Elder Kiln, which could also allow the Dramen tree to be one (since it looks like one of them)

But this is all highly speculative.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So, "The Nomad" mentioned in the cutscenes. Could it be our Nomad?

There was that figure that looked like Nomad in the history of Gielinor video, showing he could have been around since at least the Godwars. He's also very powerful, is capable of harnessing the power of souls, and seemed to be gathering his strength in preparation for facing a greater evil; perhaps the doom he was speaking of was not Lucien, but the gods returning?

I doubt it. Guthix refers to them as 'the nomad'. The one we know is simply known as Nomad which, as the N is capitalised, is his actual name.

Of course, if they are the same person, it just means Jagex's grammatical skills are bad.

Sylpheed.png

Frostenhorn thingy seems likely for the Horn in question thought it could also perhaps be the BA horn too (seems unlikely though).

Frostenhorn amplifies power (Specifically cold?), so it's probably that. Azzanadra has it.

I wonder if the other items from Temple at Senntisten are elder artifacts as well.

Just got a 'stupid' idea =d...

What if the Elder items are the tier 99 gear?

Would be stupid ;D

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Frostenhorn amplifies power (Specifically cold?), so it's probably that. Azzanadra has it.

I wonder if the other items from Temple at Senntisten are elder artifacts as well.

Well Guthix specifically says in the memories he only uncovered 3 - stone, staff, horn - in Gielinor.

The other 2 items there seem to be too prominent and obvious for Guthix to of not found, I mean one is literally a prayer book kinda thing there'd be bucket loads of when Zaros was around. The Barrows icon also doesn't seem to fit the MO it's absorbing prayers, not amplifying anything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The Dramen tree is still an option for me, as one of the Elder Gods does have features of it. Elder Kiln on itself, likely. Friend of mine thought of the mace got from the Dorgeshuun questline, as we saw Bandos/Tuska fight against Saradomin with a mace-like weapon (maybe it's a battleaxe, not sure).

On a related note, regarding Zaros, he would have brought an item here too probably, maybe something to subjugate all the races, as he is a powermonger.

On an even more related note, has anyone noticed how Zaros has gotten some Vampyric traits in the Origins of Gielinor video and the cosmetic armours from Solomon also have a batwing theme attached to them. :s

The Dramen tree is still an option for me, as one of the Elder Gods does have features of it. Elder Kiln on itself, likely. Friend of mine thought of the mace got from the Dorgeshuun questline, as we saw Bandos/Tuska fight against Saradomin with a mace-like weapon (maybe it's a battleaxe, not sure).

On a related note, regarding Zaros, he would have brought an item here too probably, maybe something to subjugate all the races, as he is a powermonger.

On an even more related note, has anyone noticed how Zaros has gotten some Vampyric traits in the Origins of Gielinor video and the cosmetic armours from Solomon also have a batwing theme attached to them. :s

Maybe the dramen tree IS an elder god, just like the top of a piece of "hair" or something and the elder god is burried in the ground.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Is Seren Guthix' daughter?

I see I'm not the only one who thought this. Nothing but a hunch right now, but still...

Edit: nvm just read the complete memories lol...

So Saradomin is actually older than Guthix? Kind of ironic how the most worshipped god is the god who's past we know the less about...

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

By the sounds of the notes posted on this page, it seems they are more than likely lovers, but maybe they do have a child, could explain why people think Seren never left possibly (to care and shield their daughter from being discovered.)

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.