Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

chenw

No Gielinor was the perfect creation due to it was a working planet or something.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

It was the Elder Gods masterpiece, entirely perfect like a garden of eden.

However that was before Guthix brought elves, humans, dwarves, fairies and possibly a few others in and then other gods followed with other races and battles and the god wars destroyed much of the land.

The key phrase is it WAS their perfect creation, the state it is in now however...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The key phrase is it WAS their perfect creation, the state it is in now however...

Seems like the idea was that there was no point to perfection if nobody could appreciate it. Guthix's goal was for those he brought over to live peacefully in that perfect world.

...Which made me realize that the backstory basically has no wars except for those caused by the gods. I'm fine with them having that overall message (A lot of my favorite games have done the same), but they're really shoving the whole "gods are evil" thing down our throats. :wall:

Seems like the idea was that there was no point to perfection if nobody could appreciate it. Guthix's goal was for those he brought over to live peacefully in that perfect world.

...Which made me realize that the backstory basically has no wars except for those caused by the gods. I'm fine with them having that overall message (A lot of my favorite games have done the same), but they're really shoving the whole "gods are evil" thing down our throats. :wall:

The backstory to what we've seen so far has that theme, however we've only seen 2 worlds really. The backstory specifically said that Guthix handpicked those creatures he wanted to bring, so of course he wouldn't pick those creatures likely to start a war. It is possible however that on some planets there were no gods yet were still wars. Also Guthix was a god yet he and Seren apparently were able to create a utopia until some of the other gods showed up, so apparently gods in and of themselves don't have to be evil.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Also in RS history there have been other non-god fuelled wars/battles.

Pest Wars.

The war when the Fremmy's tried to wipe out magic.

The elves civil war type affair.

etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Seeing as Saradomin is no where near the kind of being people thought he was years ago, would anyone else find it amusing if Zamorak was actually a decent kind of guy(god). After all, he's only the god of chaos, not evil.

Asmodean <3

Seeing as Saradomin is no where near the kind of being people thought he was years ago, would anyone else find it amusing if Zamorak was actually a decent kind of guy(god). After all, he's only the god of chaos, not evil.

I don't think the 'god of...' descriptors really hold true anymore as anything other than an idealised notion the followers have.

It would be an interesting twist, but compared to Saradomin that had a relative blank slate Zamorak already has a fair bit of the backstory there - power hungry, dissatisfied with status basically led a rebellion to overthrow the god he had followed by stabbing him in the back (quite literally as the story goes) then having ascended to godhood and driven Zarosians underground alongside the other gods turned around and basically backstabbed them for more power.

So would be kinda hard to retcon in a twist that makes him a 'good guy' for that part of his story.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Pest Wars.

etc.

Well, not really, the elves fought because some of them suddenly turned their back and started following a Dark Lord, probably Zamorak.

The Fremminik started their crusades to kill magic users. Magic in RuneScape is a residue power left by the Stone of Jas. Without the Stone, there wouldn't be a crusading band of barbarians. So we can say it's partly the fault of the Elder Gods or Guthix and Seren because they hadn't hidden the Stone well enough. Also, the Fremminik started the war because of their beliefs, as no one should use magic that isn't born within the person itself.

Pest Wars were started because Wizard Grayzag was studying Valluta, when he stumbled upon the pests and decided he could use them to show the world he is the strongest summoner ever. The Pests are an invading force so aren't native to our plane. We thus can conclude that the war wasn't started because of the races that were brought by Guthix.

Pest Wars.

etc.

Well, not really, the elves fought because some of them suddenly turned their back and started following a Dark Lord, probably Zamorak.

The Fremminik started their crusades to kill magic users. Magic in RuneScape is a residue power left by the Stone of Jas. Without the Stone, there wouldn't be a crusading band of barbarians. So we can say it's partly the fault of the Elder Gods or Guthix and Seren because they hadn't hidden the Stone well enough. Also, the Fremminik started the war because of their beliefs, as no one should use magic that isn't born within the person itself.

Pest Wars were started because Wizard Grayzag was studying Valluta, when he stumbled upon the pests and decided he could use them to show the world he is the strongest summoner ever. The Pests are an invading force so aren't native to our plane. We thus can conclude that the war wasn't started because of the races that were brought by Guthix.

In a world where basically everyone has a god allegiance you could justify anything with that sort of logic.

However there is a difference between a war in which a god just happens to be in the background and a war full on caused by/driven by a god.

Yes magic came from Stone of Jas but no god made the Fremmy's try to wipe magic out, any more so than a god made people use magic.

Pest wars may be waged by a Guthixian force, but they aren't being driven by a god. The knights are doing so of their own volition.

Elves we have no idea if their Dark Lord is a god or not and Jmods have pretty much outright said/hinted its not Zaros or Zammy. And even if they did switch allegiance it was a civil war between the elves with no god present done so in the name of one clan trying to claim ultimate power.

And of course this wasn't even an extensive list of examples.

Arposanda is beginning a war against tree gnomes.

Khazard and the Gnomes are in battle.

There's tensions between Al-Kharid and the southern desert.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

sad that the butterflies made no mention of how seren and guthix started there fling. Hopefully will come around during the elf quests though.

and no mention of how the sword broke or what the other elder god items were. was said that tuska had one and sounds like she had control of the goblins as well which means that bandos has it if he killed tuska for control of the goblins.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

sad that the butterflies made no mention of how seren and guthix started there fling. Hopefully will come around during the elf quests though.

and no mention of how the sword broke or what the other elder god items were. was said that tuska had one and sounds like she had control of the goblins as well which means that bandos has it if he killed tuska for control of the goblins.

It did not say Tuska had one at all, the only ones mentioned were Saradomin's Crown, Skargaroth's Sword, Stone of Jas, Staff of Armadyl and a horn found in Gielinor (presumably the Frostenhorn)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I love how completely unimaginative, lame, uncreative and aesthetically displeasing the outfits for official events are while the SGS gets the best stuff. The outfit for this event was atrocious and wasn't even an override. If they aren't even going to try, why bother giving us such outfits that we will never want to wear.

I think their idea of "gods" is a lot closer to the ancient judeo-Christian idea of a powerful being ruling over one tribe, rather than an omnipotent divine creator. If you're looking for something like that the elder gods are a lot more appropriate. Though, to be fair, they are pushing the idea that gods with more dubious agendas push themselves as omnipotent saviors is a touch anti-religious. Nothing new though, happens a lot in D&D and such.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Opinion

I really like the outfit personally, the only thing stopping me from wearing it, like all cosmetic outfits, is they have no stats so they can't be worn in combat.

They should have been made overrides but I can deal with just the sword.

• Like 1
Sylpheed.png

Additional information/spoilers regarding the lore have been released with the FAQ.

[qfc]15-16-330-64612578[/qfc]

I find the information about Saradomin most interesting.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It did not say Tuska had one at all, the only ones mentioned were Saradomin's Crown, Skargaroth's Sword, Stone of Jas, Staff of Armadyl and a horn found in Gielinor (presumably the Frostenhorn)

No but when its explaining the crowns ability of attracting other elder item users it says that the crowns ability attracted both Tuska and Skargaroth.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

No but when its explaining the crowns ability of attracting other elder item users it says that the crowns ability attracted both Tuska and Skargaroth.

The context of the sentence doesn't 100% confirm Tuska has one though, only that the Crown is what made Tuska come.

It is perfectly logical that other gods follow Saradomin, who has the crown, because they want the crown and/or they know where he goes there are likely to be other artefacts to be found. Plus factor in the new FAQ stuff in which Tuska is still out there charging around blindly implies she is not being actively drawn to the crown and was instead simply stalking it of choice.

tl;dr - The only god we currently 100% know has an artefact is Saradomin because the info we has does not 100% mean Tuska must have 1.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Lots of interesting tidbits in the QA though.

Zanaris is in fact the fairy homeworld moon and not part of Gielinor.

The most powerful elder artefact is on gielinor (presumably SoJ)

Tuska =/= Bandos and is still alive.

One of her followers corpses was seen in TWW memory section and they are not goblins, though similar.

The Elder Twelve will be important to future story.

Edit: Managed to quote instead of edit so ended up double posting anyway so I'll leave what was to be the edit here.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

But most important of all, Osbourne called it a multiverse, therefore my prediction is definitely going to happen.

That we're going to have Earth-1 and Earth-2 versions of every hero/god? :P

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

But most important of all, Osbourne called it a multiverse, therefore my prediction is definitely going to happen.

That he did thought I kinda feel like they are being dumb and using the word wrongly, because everything outside of the multiverse comments here implies very clearly that this is a singular universe with other planets. Though there is some multiverse stuff going on with pocket realms (eg the abyss, the rc altars, the runespan).

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Opinion

I really like the outfit personally, the only thing stopping me from wearing it, like all cosmetic outfits, is they have no stats so they can't be worn in combat.

They should have been made overrides but I can deal with just the sword.

The Sword was awesome, my personal gripe is with the butterfly outfit. Oh well, I got the Robes of Sorrow, which are pretty neat. Another thing I have noticed about SGS is that they are running out of ideas, they are releasing more and more stuff with 2 versions: one version with a fixed colour, and the other with the recolouring option.

Now that Guthix is dead can we know why the place under Nomads tent, looked very Guthixian and spelled GOD?

Mod Osborne: I'll have to talk to the developer about that one, but I always felt that Nomad had a very specific goal in mind when he secured the avatars and siphoned souls via the obelisk in Soul Wars. The lettering is probably a hint towards what that would have been.

Nomad for Lucien 2.0 anyone?

Is the Enchanted Key an Elder Artifact?

Mod Osborne: I couldn't possibly say! The Elder Twelve will be important to the future story, so I don't want to ruin it for you.

Funny how they mention the Enchanted Key as a possible Elder Artifact. Even if it is not, it's powers seem to be similar to the Crown (finding artifacts), and also has some time travel capabilities.

22031_s.gif