Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

chenw

Probably so. Guthix could be more powerful than the Dragonkin, but only because he had further advantages than the stone anyway. I think it's correct to say that any power he tried to use from the stone would be met in equal by the Dragonkin.

What I'd like to know is where all of this power comes from. The elder artifacts all seem to have limitless power stored in them, and the current gods themselves seek them to increase their own power, so the artifacts aren't drawing power from the gods as we would have once assumed from their given names. Unless, of course, the power in the artifacts is coming from the elder gods. That would be a not entirely unforseen twist - that the elder artifacts each contain part of the elder gods. There are 12 artifacts in total so perhaps 4 are dedicated to each elder god. JaGEx loves doing things in 4s and it's likely each elder god has 4 elements to themselves.

2dgucz6.png

There's one thing that bothers me, if the Elder Artifacts are made by the Elder Gods, then how come the Dragonkin has a connection to the stone? Are the Dragonkin made by the Elder Gods too?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Considering the dialogue of Temple of Senntisten and Azzanadra's general attitude towards us, I would say that WE are the vessel that Zaros intends to use to return.

In regards to Sliske, Jagex have already hinted that Sliske most likely doesn't intend to use the staff to become a God, let alone usurp Zaros. Obviously we don't know much at this point, but considering how level minded the Zarosian Mahjarrat are with the exception of Sliske, I can't see Zaros being anything but respectful of his most powerful allies.

But Mod Osborne said that a new NPC would ascend to Godhood. Sliske seems to be a likely candidate, no? Given Slike's treacherous nature, that'd be his final betrayal/renege to finally turn on Zaros. Besides, if he thinks he killed Guthix, I doubt he much fears Zaros anymore.

wait, if zanaris is on a moon, does that mean that the cosmic altar is actually in [bleep]ing outer space

as for the stone of jas, some of the writings indicate that the dragonkin were bound to the stone in a combined punishment/protection dealie where the dragonkin were cursed to destroy anybody who isn't meant to use the stone, and not being able to do much else otherwise.

What's strange is that evidence also indicates that the player is able to use the stone without consequence...

8f14270694.jpg

There's one thing that bothers me, if the Elder Artifacts are made by the Elder Gods, then how come the Dragonkin has a connection to the stone? Are the Dragonkin made by the Elder Gods too?

Well yes.

All the original races are created by the Elder Gods. Tokhaar, Dragonkin, Human, Fairy, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Nargi (sp?) etc.

That is how everything in the Runescape universe/multiverse came to be.

Of course theres a sprinkling of newer beings created by the normal Gods and other races eg Dragonkin made QBD KBD and the dragons.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

wait, if zanaris is on a moon, does that mean that the cosmic altar is actually in [bleep]ing outer space

as for the stone of jas, some of the writings indicate that the dragonkin were bound to the stone in a combined punishment/protection dealie where the dragonkin were cursed to destroy anybody who isn't meant to use the stone, and not being able to do much else otherwise.

What's strange is that evidence also indicates that the player is able to use the stone without consequence...

Yep it is, which is actually not a bad thing either :).

We can touch the stone, and that is enough to give us all sorts of powers and visions, but that is just the power leaking away from the stone. Actually using it would probably destroy us (maybe not after what Guthix did to us, but ok).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Considering the dialogue of Temple of Senntisten and Azzanadra's general attitude towards us, I would say that WE are the vessel that Zaros intends to use to return.

In regards to Sliske, Jagex have already hinted that Sliske most likely doesn't intend to use the staff to become a God, let alone usurp Zaros. Obviously we don't know much at this point, but considering how level minded the Zarosian Mahjarrat are with the exception of Sliske, I can't see Zaros being anything but respectful of his most powerful allies.

But Mod Osborne said that a new NPC would ascend to Godhood. Sliske seems to be a likely candidate, no? Given Slike's treacherous nature, that'd be his final betrayal/renege to finally turn on Zaros. Besides, if he thinks he killed Guthix, I doubt he much fears Zaros anymore.

Osbourne also said that the NPC in question was already present and could be talked to in-game. Sliske cannot be talked to whenever we want.

There's also quite a few people who think Sliske wants to usurp Zaros and isn't scared of him etc. Whilst I'm not Jagex, all of the dialogue of the Zarosian Mahjarrat in-game practically tells us that Azzanadra, Akthanakos etc, all hold Zaros in high regard. Not because they fear him, but because the have undying respect and loyalty towards him.

I give Jagex more credit than to recycle the 'SWEETELDERWEAPONMEBECOMEGODNOW' plot again. It was the foundation of Zamorak becoming a God and was again used by Lucien, it's bordering on becoming a formulaic plot device.

Sylpheed.png

See: Ending cutscene in Ritual of the Mahjarrat

Got a link?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

See: Ending cutscene in Ritual of the Mahjarrat

Got a link?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ritual_of_the_mahjarrat#Wrath_of_the_Dragonkin

All runecrafting altars are technically on separate pocket dimensions, as they are called ;) .

When did a mod say that the next being to ascend to godhood can be talked to?

22031_s.gif

Apparently, there's a piece of content yet to be discovered now and hasn't been since December 2012, but it has been released. The Ga'al *can* be found walking around Gielinor AFTER the brink of extinction, but you need to meet certain requirements. Why is this related? Because he's the only one able to interpret the last piece of info you can get through that elder library. This reminds me that the huge tok-haar from that quest also says that all current gods aren't actual gods, rather "corporeal beings that abused the use of elder objects", so it is safe to asume the only true gods are the elder gods.

Link to thread:

http://services.rune...64639611,goto,1

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

I am somewhat weary of these lores. On one hand it's great that they seem to be seriously fleshing out the details, on the other hand they're such teases. Here's all this interesting stuff, but it isn't actually part of the game in any meaningful sense yet. But don't worry, keep your eyes out, we will doing stuff in the "coming months". That sort of means diddly squat. They might remember to actually do something, they might not. They might remember all the details they are purporting to explore, they might not. It might be this year, or it might not. What I'd really like is a rough time line of some future quests. Nothing extremely definitive, but maybe something like "you can expect a Master Quest in June-July dealing with Sliske/Dragonkin"; something of that sort. Right now it just feels as if instead of actually playing with real content we are just reading stories on the forums - which I do enjoy doing, but I need content, damnit!

I am somewhat weary of these lores. On one hand it's great that they seem to be seriously fleshing out the details, on the other hand they're such teases. Here's all this interesting stuff, but it isn't actually part of the game in any meaningful sense yet. But don't worry, keep your eyes out, we will doing stuff in the "coming months". That sort of means diddly squat. They might remember to actually do something, they might not. They might remember all the details they are purporting to explore, they might not. It might be this year, or it might not. What I'd really like is a rough time line of some future quests. Nothing extremely definitive, but maybe something like "you can expect a Master Quest in June-July dealing with Sliske/Dragonkin"; something of that sort. Right now it just feels as if instead of actually playing with real content we are just reading stories on the forums - which I do enjoy doing, but I need content, damnit!

If they did that or even mildly hinted to a month in which to expect a certain quest, the unfathomable shitstorm that would ensue if said content was delayed would be so huge that it would make the one week delay of TWW look like a drop in the ocean.

The best answer that Osbourne gave in his Q&A was the final confirmation that Zaros is the God of control. I wish someone had asked the question of whether we would ever visit Freneskae though.

Sylpheed.png

If they did that or even mildly hinted to a month in which to expect a certain quest, the unfathomable shitstorm that would ensue if said content was delayed would be so huge that it would make the one week delay of TWW look like a drop in the ocean.

The shitstorm over TWW was not because there was a delay, but why there was a delay. All they'd have to do to avoid such a scenario again is to get their priorities straight and not flagrantly lie to their players. Easy enough.

The best answer that Osbourne gave in his Q&A was the final confirmation that Zaros is the God of control. I wish someone had asked the question of whether we would ever visit Freneskae though.

I found the God of Control answer to be troubling. In what sense is Zaros the God of Control? If anything, he seems to be a much more unadulterated and untainted version of everything Zammy is. Darkness? Chaos? Power/Strength? All the other God Wars' Gods are absolutely terrified of him. Sure, I could buy any of those. But Control seems to be out of nowhere. The Control moniker fits Saradomin more, to be honest. Saradomin has already demonstrated some controlling tendencies, and he's already the God of Order, which is one step removed from 'Control'.

The shitstorm over TWW was not because there was a delay, but why there was a delay. All they'd have to do to avoid such a scenario again is to get their priorities straight and not flagrantly lie to their players. Easy enough.

I found the God of Control answer to be troubling. In what sense is Zaros the God of Control? If anything, he seems to be a much more unadulterated and untainted version of everything Zammy is. Darkness? Chaos? Power/Strength? All the other God Wars' Gods are absolutely terrified of him. Sure, I could buy any of those. But Control seems to be out of nowhere. The Control moniker fits Saradomin more, to be honest. Saradomin has already demonstrated some controlling tendencies, and he's already the God of Order, which is one step removed from 'Control'.

I actually agree to be honest. There is a fine line between control and order. It would make sense for Zamorak to embody everything Zaros doesn't though; he did, after all, betray him for a reason. Quite a few years ago, before Zaros was even a well known name, I seem to remember a player asking a question about what Zaros embodied, and the answer was that Zaros' command structure and kingdom wasn't dissimilar to the Roman Empire. It seems to me right now that Zaros is basically the God version of a monarch. He doesn't want to just be worshipped by other races, he wants to have absolute control over their everyday lives and what they do.

I really hope they go into what race Zaros was before he was a God, if hes as old - if not older than Saradomin, he can't be from any current known race. Also, if all non Elder Gods were once mortal, I'm starting to think Saradomin was a male Iceyene when he was mortal. Osbourne also implied that he was on the Iceyene homeworld before the edicts were broken.

Sylpheed.png

I actually agree to be honest. There is a fine line between control and order. It would make sense for Zamorak to embody everything Zaros doesn't though; he did, after all, betray him for a reason. Quite a few years ago, before Zaros was even a well known name, I seem to remember a player asking a question about what Zaros embodied, and the answer was that Zaros' command structure and kingdom wasn't dissimilar to the Roman Empire. It seems to me right now that Zaros is basically the God version of a monarch. He doesn't want to just be worshipped by other races, he wants to have absolute control over their everyday lives and what they do.

I really hope they go into what race Zaros was before he was a God, if hes as old - if not older than Saradomin, he can't be from any current known race. Also, if all non Elder Gods were once mortal, I'm starting to think Saradomin was a male Iceyene when he was mortal. Osbourne also implied that he was on the Iceyene homeworld before the edicts were broken.

I have always assumed Zammy's betrayal of Zaros to be motivated by ambition and self-interest; and just the general will-to-power found in the Mahjarrat rather than some stark ideological difference between him and Zaros. Zammy has also been portrayed as some sort of 'pretender'; he did usurp Zaros's power and status afterall. In other words, an inferior copy of sorts.

The comparison that you made to the Roman Empire and the will to dominate/control everything does make the theme Control sound more plausible, but aren't most of the younger Gods like that? Saradomin, Zammy, and Bandos seem pretty hell bent on taking whatever territories they can and amassing as much followers as possible. But yes, Zaros does have a Monarch/Empire theme going on, now that you mention it.

As for visting the Mahjarrat home-world, I don't mind such a thing, but only if it's done well. They hinted at something similar with the Naragi homeworld, but to me, that sounds like being able to use the fairy ring and getting to see some nice scenery - which is nice, but I would prefer the introduction of another World to have some viable content. Perhaps some monsters to kill, a few shops to visit, that sort of stuff.

I am most interested in the next mortal to ascend to Godhood. They have teased it in a few places and the fan favourite is probably Sliske, but I think it could be someone else as well.

The Q&A accomplished the biggest thing it needed to for me, it built expectations and made me look forward to the rest of 2013. If archaeology is indeed one of the rumored new two skills, it seems to confirm how Mod Osborne kept mentioning how 2013 would be a big year for lore.

On a sadder note, we're only at 71.9K essence at the Guthix memorial altar. It doesn't seem like we're on pace to 250,000. :(

The Q&A accomplished the biggest thing it needed to for me, it built expectations and made me look forward to the rest of 2013. If archaeology is indeed one of the rumored new two skills, it seems to confirm how Mod Osborne kept mentioning how 2013 would be a big year for lore.

On a sadder note, we're only at 71.9K essence at the Guthix memorial altar. It doesn't seem like we're on pace to 250,000. :(

I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave it to us regardless of how much essence is gathered.

Sylpheed.png

On a sadder note, we're only at 71.9K essence at the Guthix memorial altar. It doesn't seem like we're on pace to 250,000. sad.png

I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave it to us regardless of how much essence is gathered.

I would. If anything, I was expecting the altar to remain in the game perpetually, waiting to be activated.

Well, now we know he is the good guy, as it were. Control fought against chaos in the god (cold) war, and was an ultra secret spy agency... now... where is mr Maxwell smart?

• Like 1
meamzed.png