Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

chenw

Also 'introducing' vampyric traits sounds wrong to me since we never knew anything of him. Loads seem to assume he'd look Mahajratt but there was never any logic in that (seeing as Icthalrin brought the Mahjaratt here and they abandoned him for the more powerful Zaros). Vampyric traits is certainly an interesting twist though seeing as Drakan went Zamorakian.

In the little video they released pre TWW, Zaros certainly looked as if he had vampyric eyes.

I dunno if I follow the logic of Zaros would've probably brought one - by all accounts we have not many of them are actually in the hands of gods. Saradomin has one, Skargaroth had one and lost it. The Stone was lying around Gielinor when Guthix arrive, as was the staff Armadyl later claimed and the horn.

I don't think Zaros did bring one. We're presuming that the horn is one, and unless I'm mistaken, we recovered that from Ghorrock, his own fortress. As the other Gods (read Saradomin taking the SoJ and Arma with what is now known as the Staff of Armadyl) in turn captured their own artefacts, it wouldn't be a bad shout to say that the horn is one, and that Azzanadra needs its power to bring back Zaros. Then of course there is the Barrows Icon and the Relic from Temple at Senntisten.. The relic is has a Saradomin symbol carved into its face and the Icon was found in the chest of a loyal mahjarrat to Zaros.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

What actually defines a God in Runescape?

Plus, another thing I thought of: that blade... in the beginning room of TWW - I would love to take that to that dwarf dude south of Port Sarim or try smithing it myself.... Seems we can use it to travel to other worlds --- this opens a lot of possibilities.

Also do we know now what shattered the blade in the first place? Is it mentioned somewhere specifically? It definitely didn't break/shatter when Guthix slew the big fellow (Skagaroth?) because he used it afterwards to travel to other worlds. It seems to me as if it would take something quite powerful to shatter one of the Elder Weapons.

Damn travel to another realm, that does open up a whole lot of possibilities. Exciting!

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Out of curiosity, has Bandos actually ever been referred to anywhere or by anyone as a 'he'?

The Goblins just refer to him/her as the Big High War God or whatever it is.

Wouldn't the word "God" imply that Bandos is male?

Otherwise, the word "Goddess" would most likely have been used instead.

That is, unless the Goblins didn't know Bandos' gender themselves/were too stupid to know the difference between the two.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, has Bandos actually ever been referred to anywhere or by anyone as a 'he'?

That is, unless the Goblins didn't know Bandos' gender themselves/were too stupid to know the difference between the two.

Is there any references to Goddess' in RS, or are they all refered to as God regardless of gender?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

[hide=]

[/hide]

Is there any references to Goddess' in RS, or are they all refered to as God regardless of gender?

Seren.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Isn't Seren referred to as a Goddess at some point? other than that maybe Bandos is called a God regardless because no-one we spoke to yet has seen him/her 'in person' and everyone has stereotyped Bandos as being male because of the Big High War God mantle they hold? As far as I recall Bandos has only ever been referred to as Bandos or Big High War God in lore.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I like this update to be honest, You manage to get free xp after catching those buttflies. Free xp is always a good thing i think, unless its overdone which this isn't

The new abilities look good aswell so overall can't complain really.

Simple_Task.png

Long Term Goals

Total Level:

2000 2100 2200 2300 2400 2475 2496

Skill Level Milestones:

80 85 90 95 99

Edit: to be honest, I think momentum should just be like Incite, where you can switch on or off without having to go through the adrenaline.

It will be.

Bots rather abuse Momentum already-- what's to stop them from abusing it more like that?

Yeah, what's the deal with the weird trees?

sadtrees_zpse1187c7a.jpg

I was of the understanding that yes, it's part of the reaction to Guthix's death.

I like this update to be honest, You manage to get free xp after catching those buttflies. Free xp is always a good thing i think, unless its overdone which this isn't

Well, members do. Summoning happened to be my lowest, and it's been a nice small slice of xp. Something like 1.3K xp a butterfly.

=

Bots rather abuse Momentum already-- what's to stop them from abusing it more like that?=

Does this mean that they shouldn't do it anyway? Let's be honest here, momentum should have been a toggle ability from the start, and the fact that it makes things marginally easier for bots shouldn't prevent it from making the lives of players considerably easier.

• Like 2

besides, bots are capable of using abilities too, they're just kind of dumb about it so they can't adapt to the situation

still doesn't stop them from being bots

do you think there was a reason why he left the sword behind instead of say, pitching it into the sun?

8f14270694.jpg

do you think there was a reason why he left the sword behind instead of say, pitching it into the sun?

Well, I think that first of all we are still to learn what happened to the sword. Secondly it is still there, and as we know the staff of Arma was repairable so I see no reason why such powerful artifact can't be repaired really. The player has done more astonishing things before :). It is a bit strange that it is broken in the first place as Guthix wouldn't be the one to have used the sword in more recent times. Even ending the God Wars he simply banished them -portals- and it is nowhere written that he used the sword or force even.

It could be that the sword was only the quest for illustration of the story but that would be lame. Too bad we can't visit the sword anymore after the quest...

Theory: take the sword shards to the Kethsi anvil, use the bane-tune spell with some mahjarrat/god items and there we go - godslaying is the new skill :razz:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

My theory is that guthix striped the power from the skargoroth sword by banishing the other gods. What we then probably see in the northeastern wilderness is the residual energy from the sword from it shattering on impact. Either that or prolonged manifestation of his spell due to the swords aid in augmenting the spells power of influence. After doing that he then must have gathered the pieces to prevent its reconstruction and eventual misuse.

This magic stuff can get pretty technical!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If you watch the origins of gielinor videos he stabs the wildy crater sword into the ground when he banishes the gods and it seemed to then radiate out that god blocking shield.

It seems to me as if, using the power of the Stone and the Sword Guthix created this new sword that threw the gods out and put up the shield, but it still directly drew on his power.

Plus I don't think the 'he stabbed the skargaroth sword to do it' thing makes sense. The two swords look nothing alike and are not even remotely similar sizes.

Oh and @debate of Bandos proved male because of use of 'god' - god can be gender neutral OR male, where as goddess is specifically female. Eg the Pantheon of Desert Gods includes both Gods and Goddesses. - The first gods is gender neutral, whilst the 2nd specifically invokes Tumeken, Icthalrin, Het, Crodis and Scarabas

Or you could tell an elf 'You worship your god and I'll worship mine' - Gender neutral but refers to Seren the female god.

I'm surprised this even came up, I mean most words of a similar vein use the same basic concept.

Eg Waiter is gender neutral or male, Waitress is specifically female.

Priest is gender neutral or male, Priestess is specifically female.

Bob can be a God, a Priest or a Waiter, but not a Goddess, a Priestess or a Waitress.

Betty can be a God, a Priest, a Waiter, a Goddess, a Priestess or a Waitress.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

My theory is that guthix striped the power from the skargoroth sword by banishing the other gods. What we then probably see in the northeastern wilderness is the residual energy from the sword from it shattering on impact. Either that or prolonged manifestation of his spell due to the swords aid in augmenting the spells power of influence. After doing that he then must have gathered the pieces to prevent its reconstruction and eventual misuse.

This magic stuff can get pretty technical!

Nice theory. Basically the edicts were based around the sword's powers? I could live with that. That would also mean that there is little use repairing it probably.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Well look at it this way... The Stone of Jas is a rather leaky power source. The Frostenhorn magnifies any power. The Staff of Armadyl is basically the elder 'magic weapon' artifact. The crown of saradomin a tracker of elder artifacts yet attractor of those using them.

Now we turn to the skargoroth sword to understand its true powers. From what is shared the sword lets you 'slice through reality' to get places. But honestly is that really is all to the swords power? I don't think so considering that the other gods are able to walk freely around the multiverse making this piece seemingly a bit dull. It's been stated that it would be some time before the other gods find out about the death of guthix and destruction of his edicts. There was also the implication that it was also up to the gods to attempt to find their way back to the world once they found out. This means that the gods do walk to multiverse making the swords power not so bright.

But! There is a but... What is the sword wasn't what it seemed. What if the sword had powers over reality. That would make the whole 'slice'ing between worlds understandable. Plus I would almost like to this the gods had to use their power to walk the multiverse and manifest themselves. While with the sword of skargoroth you only needed to know where you wanted to go, slice through reality, go through and you were there. In essence the sword had control over travel.

Now suppose the sword had control over travel in the multiverse... Maybe with the stone of jas you could pump enough magical power to ramp up the effects the sword could have on others. Suppose guthix used both in conjunction to temporarily banish the others because he was in possession of the sword initially.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Your theory seems quite logical with the sword being stripped of power after banishing the other Gods, but how did this barrier against them then remain?

It seems it ran of Guthix's own life force, seeing as the edicts died along with him

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

With all this new lore about The Gods being world hoppers and being able to come and go as they please, I really hope that Jagex give us a reason as to why Gielinor is so special that all of these Gods are willing to bend over backwards to claim it.

All we know is the History of Gielinor video states that the Elder Gods created the perfect world when they made it and Guthix similarly called it a paradise.

All Gods care about are followers though, and as far as we know, not a single sentient species is actually native to Gielinor, so wouldn't it make more sense for Saradomin to go after Earth?

Future Update - We repair the sword and open a portal to Earth to bring in the military and WMD's to destroy Saradomin.

You heard it here first.

• Like 2
Sylpheed.png

I find Urza flawed in the sense he is working with a multiverse not a universe.

It's not a multiverse its a universe - As seen in Origins of Gielinor these worlds are separate planets - multiverse traversing is only what Fairies were doing from their moon. Of everything we have seen or been told thus far the Gods haven't particularly been multiverse travellers. Only the fairies on their original home moon have been given this accolade, and in Gielinor that form of travel seems some what questionable - certainly the fairy rings have been able to send us to some pocket realms but they don't seem to be multiversing.

Plus whilst gods CAN move between planets it is not implied to be all that easy or instantaneous In the Guthix memories the portal through which Saradomin emerged took time to form. Where as with the sword Guthix was able to instantly open a way to another world. Saradomin's easy return is because he stayed nearby; hence the prevalence of his followers still + as mentioned in the FAQ the other gods are either way away (eg Armadyl who left before the banishment due to sad face at avianse dead) or other things stand in their way (eg Zaros needs a new body).

I agree with the idea that the swords power is what helped Guthix banish the gods, but it certainly isn't the sword he actually used in the act of doing so.

But also the sword doesn't NEED to have any extra powerful hidden thing about it - it is specified the Elder Artefacts are tools for small scale sculpting and perfecting of worlds they aren't meant to be super mighty destroyer things. The Sword is perfect for this purpose as it allows, as Guthix did, to open portals to populate new worlds from old ones. The Crown doesn't do much either - it just locates artefacts and draws users of artefacts to it, like a basic gps thing so they remember where they left them. The Stone does seem insanely powerful and dangerous (which is kinda the odd one out), but note it also has an inbuilt security system in the Dragonkin to try and stop it being abused.

The others we know of (staff and horn) we have no idea what they actually do. If we guessed the horn correctly it's just a simple power amplifier (like a stone of jas pre runner perhaps) and the staff we literally have no idea - the memories show are elder thing can kill a god and that the power transfer is in the blood so the staff isn't for that.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

With all this new lore about The Gods being world hoppers and being able to come and go as they please, I really hope that Jagex give us a reason as to why Gielinor is so special that all of these Gods are willing to bend over backwards to claim it.

All we know is the History of Gielinor video states that the Elder Gods created the perfect world when they made it and Guthix similarly called it a paradise.

My pure speculation on the matter is that it was precisely because Gelinor (I think it didn't) didn't have any inhabitants that it attracted the interest of the Gods. It meant that they could fashion Gelinor to suit their own purposes, whereas other worlds often (but not always) were filled with bloody wars (like Guthx's homeland) which would require a considerable effort to conquer. Also, it's possible that they were aware of the ancient energies of the Elder Gods (like the Stone of Jas) residing in Gelinor.

My pure speculation on the matter is that it was precisely because Gelinor (I think it didn't) didn't have any inhabitants that it attracted the interest of the Gods. It meant that they could fashion Gelinor to suit their own purposes, whereas other worlds often (but not always) were filled with bloody wars (like Guthx's homeland) which would require a considerable effort to conquer. Also, it's possible that they were aware of the ancient energies of the Elder Gods (like the Stone of Jas) residing in Gelinor.

I'd say it's pretty clear why the gods have interest in Gielinor:

1) They all want a world they can dominate as their own - Gielinor was a particularly beautiful world ripe for the taking as it was 'perfect' creation of the Elder Gods

2) They want Elder Artefacts and are searching them out - we know Gielinor had 3 of these lying around on it, including a stone that basically supercharges anyone who touches it. 4 when you account for the Sword Guthix brought with him.

3) The Crown seeks out artefacts - this would draw Saradomin in straight away.

4) The Crown attracts users of other artefacts - this would cause other gods to follow

5) Other gods without artefacts KNOW Sara has the crown and therefore follow him to try and get one.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Your theory seems quite logical with the sword being stripped of power after banishing the other Gods, but how did this barrier against them then remain?

It seems it ran of Guthix's own life force, seeing as the edicts died along with him

Didn't one of the devs confirm that there wasn't anything physical/metaphysical behind the edicts other than Guthix himself? I got the feeling that it was his threat that kept the other gods out, and everything we know about him seems to suggest that he had the power to back it up (Or at least, they believed he did).

Well look at it this way... The Stone of Jas is a rather leaky power source. The Frostenhorn magnifies any power. The Staff of Armadyl is basically the elder 'magic weapon' artifact. The crown of saradomin a tracker of elder artifacts yet attractor of those using them.

I would say it may be too early to say that the staff of armadyl is just the elder magic weapon. The sword was both an elder melee weapon and had powers of its own so perhaps the staff of armadyl had some as of yet unknown power as well.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

So Gielenor is the perfect world... According to... Jagex?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!