Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

chenw

Recently added weapons have had their accuracy value fixed.

From the patch notes, is this a nerf to Drygore?

This is Enhanced Balmung having 0 accuracy after last week's update.

It's fixed now.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Am I the only one to see that Jagex is using the tribute stone to see how many players are actively playing rs now that rs07 is out?

I don't think they need something like that to know how many players regularly log in.

• Like 1

Am I the only one to see that Jagex is using the tribute stone to see how many players are actively playing rs now that rs07 is out?

I don't think they need something like that to know how many players regularly log in.

its probably to tell more demographical stuff such as how often people log in after updates, how quickly they do the content, and what percentage are not botting etc.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Yeah, they can just look directly at who's logged in. I mean, we know they can do that, there's a counter on the website and everything.

its probably to tell more demographical stuff such as how often people log in after updates, how quickly they do the content, and what percentage are not botting etc.

They can already have such kinds of counters acting behind-the-scenes.

Ugh, I wish my screen was fullscreen and my actionbar was double as big. My bar is full already and I have no room for the new ranged ability other then exchanging it for another.

Pretty annoying, if Jagex wants to go like the rest of the MMO-world they should adapt.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Shameless, token update which only serves as a segway into solomon's store.

07 FTW.

Have fun living in the past with No updates

It's been confirmed already that they'd be having polls to decide which updates to add to 2007 servers.

Haha, are they that embarassed about EOC?

✿ ♥‿♥)

Ugh, I wish my screen was fullscreen and my actionbar was double as big. My bar is full already and I have no room for the new ranged ability other then exchanging it for another.

Pretty annoying, if Jagex wants to go like the rest of the MMO-world they should adapt.

See HTML5 update coming this year.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

They can already have such kinds of counters acting behind-the-scenes.

How do you think they do that? Other than getting the butterflies, there is no way to tell whether or not players are participating in the event, and players are more likely to just stumble on the butterflies as they cover all the game.

You filled up all 5 of the action bars with all of the abilities?

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Oh yay more years to wait...

I filled my ranged actionbar, yes. Now there is no more room for fragmentation shot.

Oh get over your shit. We've discussed this to no end that they can only put out so much when players [bleep] and moan about having a single no update week. You want quality updates promote getting rid of that system.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Stop being so butthurt.

If it was up to me we'd have monthly updates only.

Monthly? Seriously, do you understand what development time is? And me being "butthurt" when your the one complaining your action bar is too full. I've got 3 spaces at the end of my bar that don't need to be used, make room.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

What kind of logic is that?

How do you think they do that? Other than getting the butterflies, there is no way to tell whether or not players are participating in the event, and players are more likely to just stumble on the butterflies as they cover all the game.

It's simple. You have a weekly counter that increments whenever an account logs in.

To tell how often people log in after update, have a similar counter, but for after updates.

Stuff like that.

I'm sure they have that sort of info already as they've posted unique logins before when talking about population numbers. What I see it as is a way of seeing the proportion of people that read the update and are willing to take part. They could have done the check on something like a quest but there are always requirements that prevent some people from bothering. So this way they can see just how many people are willing to put in nothing more than two seconds to take part.

Stop being so butthurt.

Monthly? Seriously, do you understand what development time is? And me being "butthurt" when your the one complaining your action bar is too full. I've got 3 spaces at the end of my bar that don't need to be used, make room.

Thanks for the personal attack revolving my intelligence. Grow up.

You are severely butthurt if your reply doesn't hold much but curses. No, I don't need to make room, I need more room.

✿ ♥‿♥)

Stop being so butthurt.

Mind showing us how to setup your actionbars if you're better at it than him?

Stop being so butthurt.

Thanks for the personal attack revolving my intelligence. Grow up.

You are severely butthurt if your reply doesn't hold much but curses. No, I don't need to make room, I need more room.

Piercing shot, binding shot, frag shot, ricochet, rapid fire, bombardment, are all manditory ones, that makes 6 abilites, leaving you 7-9 and 0-=, maybe you want to put on the new ultimate too so now you have 5 spaces, alright you put on one of the new ones thats still 4 more spaces. And your bar is full why?

Stop being so butthurt.

Mind showing us how to setup your actionbars if you're better at it than him?

Gladly when I get home I'll screen shot them all.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

What kind of logic is that?

It's simple. You have a weekly counter that increments whenever an account logs in.

To tell how often people log in after update, have a similar counter, but for after updates.

Stuff like that.

I understand how it works, but is pointless. Instead of having to set up an entirely new set of code which counts and documents when people log in, and a bunch of demographics, instead you set checkpoints on certain in-game things, such as adding a piece of essence to a stone, so that way they can have an easy way that the game can do it for them. Then you've encoded it into the game and condensed it, as well as you can easily see logs of whats happened in game with players. In other words, its easier to use things that are already there than to try and create something completely separate and implement it with something else...

EDIT: also, with your method, I've already added to your count about four times I think. I've logged out and in multiple times which would skew your results. sorry, but in all honesty its just easier to do it in-game.

Edited by mlskid

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

I kill bosses and it's suitable for both PvM/PvP; that setup is too simplistic to be efficient (for me).

What else do you need? If your using 1 hand weapons and a shield you don't need that many thresholds. Its easily doable with what we have.

Now don't get me wrong I'd love more, your talking to someone who plays WoW and has 40+ binds at one time, with only a single style of combat. I'm just saying you can easily get by with what we have.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

In essence yes. That is one example of what I'm pointing out. It's more an issue of functionality. With a login counter you can easily determine how much traffic comes in to the game, average log time, and that will help you with telling how much server space you need. However, for an in-game counter you can be more detailed, and focused on certain things, such as content.

Relating this back to OT, I think that's the only real reason they added that stone part for the event. it doesn't really fit anyway else...

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Yeah i'm not saying I don't get by, just frustrates me I now have to choose between two abilities xD. And yeah I haven't played WoW but i've seen it enough, I want actionbars like that and a fullscreen! I can't have chat open else I misclick too much, it takes up most of the screen -_-

✿ ♥‿♥)

So, "The Nomad" mentioned in the cutscenes. Could it be our Nomad?

There was that figure that looked like Nomad in the history of Gielinor video, showing he could have been around since at least the Godwars. He's also very powerful, is capable of harnessing the power of souls, and seemed to be gathering his strength in preparation for facing a greater evil; perhaps the doom he was speaking of was not Lucien, but the gods returning?

• Like 2

Asmodean <3