Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

chenw

Zaros is presumably in another dimension/world floating around as a Spirit. It is not clear to me, at least, that the Stone's power could be accessed from so far. Also, I'm 75% sure that Sliske is probably using the stone to secure his own Godhood rather than bring back Zaros. He seems far too treacherous to ever be faithful to anyone aside from himself.

I'm not so sure, his methods may be different but he could be setting himself up as host for zaros. Also, does anyone else think Armadyl is an ascended aviansie? It would explain why pretty much all of his followers seemed to be aviansies and why he grieved so much at their loss.

Zaros is presumably in another dimension/world floating around as a Spirit. It is not clear to me, at least, that the Stone's power could be accessed from so far. Also, I'm 75% sure that Sliske is probably using the stone to secure his own Godhood rather than bring back Zaros. He seems far too treacherous to ever be faithful to anyone aside from himself.

I'm not so sure, his methods may be different but he could be setting himself up as host for zaros. Also, does anyone else think Armadyl is an ascended aviansie? It would explain why pretty much all of his followers seemed to be aviansies and why he grieved so much at their loss.

Seeing we have evidence that Armadyl has feathers, believing that he is an aviansie isn't far-fetched at all.

Likewise, Bandos could be an ourg.

22031_s.gif

I've said it a few times now, but I don't think this is the case. Sliske, along with all of the Mahjarrat are fiercely loyal to either Zaomorak or Zaros. I really don't believe Jagex are going to go down the "I have the Staff of Armadyl, I'm gonna get me some God powers." path for a third time.

Not only would that be boring, but I hope it's too obvious even for Jagex. Azzanadra's dialogue after TWW even states that Sliske wouldn't use such powers to become a God.

Lucien tried it and look how far that got him. Osbourne said in the Q&A that the Deagonkin gave Sliske the staff - not the stone. Sliske himself saw what happened when Lucien used the stone so why would he risk doing the same thing?

Sylpheed.png

On this point, it's worth mentioning we have a visual on Bandos from the Origin of Gielinor video. There's a frame where we see Bandos fighting Saradomin. (RS Wiki has a screenshot.) He has the body shape of an ourg, but his face is more pig-like than Graardor's, so it's iffy.

On this point, it's worth mentioning we have a visual on Bandos from the Origin of Gielinor video. There's a frame where we see Bandos fighting Saradomin. (RS Wiki has a screenshot.) He has the body shape of an ourg, but his face is more pig-like than Graardor's, so it's iffy.

Oh my god I just figured it out. I know who Bandos is

• Like 6

Worth noting we have an ASSUMED visual, it is by no means confirmed.

Yes all logical clues would point to it being Bandos, but we have no actual confirmation of this.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yes all logical clues would point to it being Bandos, but we have no actual confirmation of this.

Interesting thing is that the symbol on his stomach is the mirror of the symbol of Bandos. Whether this was intentional or not could be important

That's true, it could be some other unknown god who just happens by coincidence to wear Bandos-style armour and have the exact same symbol as Bandos.

Or...it could be Bandos. :wink:

Just occurred to me that Bandos is the only one who doesn't have a unique weapon. Sara has "Saradomin Sword", Zammy has "Zamorakian Spear", Armadyl has both full outfit and Crossbow, but all Bandos has is Armour. (not including Godswords)

For a diety who loved Maces, I'm surprised we don't have a "Bandos' War-Mace" or something.

Popoto.~<3

Just occurred to me that Bandos is the only one who doesn't have a unique weapon. Sara has "Saradomin Sword", Zammy has "Zamorakian Spear", Armadyl has both full outfit and Crossbow, but all Bandos has is Armour. (not including Godswords)

For a diety who loved Maces, I'm surprised we don't have a "Bandos' War-Mace" or something.

granite/ancient mace? unless you mean weapons actually worth using

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

granite/ancient mace? unless you mean weapons actually worth using

Warhammers need a better second look, beyond a theoretical/'unreleased" dragon one. *shrug* (Torag's weapon is more of a maul now.)

I've said it a few times now, but I don't think this is the case. Sliske, along with all of the Mahjarrat are fiercely loyal to either Zaomorak or Zaros.

The Mahjarrat have been more than willing to betray one another at times. Lucien, for instance, was trying to instate himself as ruler over his race. That's the impression I got from the lore.

I really don't believe Jagex are going to go down the "I have the Staff of Armadyl, I'm gonna get me some God powers." path for a third time.

True, they might not take the predictable route.

Not only would that be boring, but I hope it's too obvious even for Jagex. Azzanadra's dialogue after TWW even states that Sliske wouldn't use such powers to become a God.

But given Sliske's treacherous history, that's precisely what he'd do. He'd assure the others in the Zarosian camp that he's really doing it for Zaros, only for it to be revealed that he was doing it to further his own ends.

Lucien tried it and look how far that got him. Osbourne said in the Q&A that the Deagonkin gave Sliske the staff - not the stone. Sliske himself saw what happened when Lucien used the stone so why would he risk doing the same thing?

Not everyone who uses the stone faces dire consequences. Also, it is unclear what Sliske's relation to the Dragonkin is. He might be able to persuade them to hand over the stone in exchange for their freedom from their bind to the Stone. Also, at the end of the ROTM, isn't the Stone lost? The dragonkin can detect its misuse, but it is unclear if they can always locate it.

But given Sliske's treacherous history, that's precisely what he'd do. He'd assure the others in the Zarosian camp that he's really doing it for Zaros, only for it to be revealed that he was doing it to further his own ends.

No.

Sliske history may be slippery, treacherous and out for his own aims - but so are all the other Mahajaratt. And notable Sliske is fiercely loyal to Zaros, there is not one iota of evidence to suggest he'd betray Zaros or has ever done anything to harm Zaros.

Also there's nothing to do with doing it for Zaros being a lie - it was made clear the Zaros camp was of split opinion - Sliske, Char and Nex wanted to kill whilst Azzandra, Ali and Anthankos wanted to talk. Azzandra being the most powerful they decided to go with that route, but Sliske has always been a loose cannon and likely to follow his own route. In this case he went along pretending he agreed until opportunity arose - however it was NOT going against Zaros to do so.

Plus I'd put faith in Azzandra's assurances they have known each other for thousands of years, if he says Sliske doesn't want to be a god I'd believe him; especially since FAQS and such confirm Sliske must've struck a bargin with the Dragonkin to get the broken staff and with the dragonkin known to want to sever their link to the stone it'd make sense to hand over the staff to them and let them use its power in order to get whatever he wants from them.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No.

Sliske history may be slippery, treacherous and out for his own aims - but so are all the other Mahajaratt. And notable Sliske is fiercely loyal to Zaros, there is not one iota of evidence to suggest he'd betray Zaros or has ever done anything to harm Zaros.

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that he is fiercely loyal to Zaros, either. It has been repeatedly and unequivocally stressed that we can never trust Sliske on anything. This line has been repeated by his own brother no less -- who would better know him?

Also there's nothing to do with doing it for Zaros being a lie - it was made clear the Zaros camp was of split opinion - Sliske, Char and Nex wanted to kill whilst Azzandra, Ali and Anthankos wanted to talk. Azzandra being the most powerful they decided to go with that route, but Sliske has always been a loose cannon and likely to follow his own route. In this case he went along pretending he agreed until opportunity arose - however it was NOT going against Zaros to do so.

I am not saying that the events of TWW particularly reveal that Sliske was or is going to betray Zaros. It's just in his general character which suggests that this is a possibility, that's all.

Plus I'd put faith in Azzandra's assurances they have known each other for thousands of years, if he says Sliske doesn't want to be a god I'd believe him; especially since FAQS and such confirm Sliske must've struck a bargin with the Dragonkin to get the broken staff and with the dragonkin known to want to sever their link to the stone it'd make sense to hand over the staff to them and let them use its power in order to get whatever he wants from them.

I would much rather take Ali's word over Azzandra's (and I don't think Azzandra says with any great certainty what he says about Sliske), and Ali makes it clear, Sliske is not to be trusted. I don't think Sliske is the self-sacrificing type either; if he was reasonably sure he could surpass Zaros and be a God, I don't think with all his knowledge, power, cunning, and will-to-power, that he'd abstain from that. The Mahjarrat are very Darwinian.

Sliske and Wahisietel probably aren't brothers. RS Wiki mistakenly says so because Wahisietel addressed Sliske as "my brother" once, which seems to be more of a respect thing than an actually indication of religion.

"my brother" is very often used in tightly knit communities where no blood-ties are implied. It can be a sign of respect, doesn't have to mean they are related.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yeah jmods have indicated in FAQs and QAs that the Mahjaratt aren't all related, they just use brother (and in theory sister) in the less literal sense like brother in arms or brother in faith. The only blood relations we have any clue on with them is Khazard's parents (both dead) and Lucien played with a human to make Moia

Plv6Dz6.jpg