Behind the Scenes: April 2013

Alg

EoC: Looking forward to improvements. I do have some worries based on their statement that "Bandos will obviously be offensive armour". I had originally believed (when they first hinted at this) that we'd be able to modify each armour to get Defensive/Offensive versions, but if each armour is already given a fixed status of "offensive" or "defensive", then I can possibly see PoP armours getting shafted again in yet another effort to make Nex gear relevant.

I can easily see GWD (including Nex) being the Offensive armour, while Barrows and Ports armour would be Defensive.

(Paraphrased, everyone is going to want GWD gear and Barrows/Ports armour will be used solely by those who aren't rich enough to afford GWD gear.)

inb4'd

That's precisely what I worry about. As things currently stand, most monsters are far too weak for extra defense/LP to be of much use. Offensive capabilities are far more useful. Even now, just the tiny attack bonus that Nex has keeps it somewhat competitive with Ports; if Nex was totally offensive, it would completely overshadow PoP.

EoC: Looking forward to improvements. I do have some worries based on their statement that "Bandos will obviously be offensive armour". I had originally believed (when they first hinted at this) that we'd be able to modify each armour to get Defensive/Offensive versions, but if each armour is already given a fixed status of "offensive" or "defensive", then I can possibly see PoP armours getting shafted again in yet another effort to make Nex gear relevant.

I can easily see GWD (including Nex) being the Offensive armour, while Barrows and Ports armour would be Defensive.

(Paraphrased, everyone is going to want GWD gear and Barrows/Ports armour will be used solely by those who aren't rich enough to afford GWD gear.)

inb4'd

That's precisely what I worry about. As things currently stand, most monsters are far too weak for extra defense/LP to be of much use. Offensive capabilities are far more useful. Even now, just the tiny attack bonus that Nex has keeps it somewhat competitive with Ports; if Nex was totally offensive, it would completely overshadow PoP.

Well, at the moment, most GWD bosses hit too hard when using Barrows armour (mostly due to Skillcape not being OP anymore.)

I wonder if this change to armour stats would increase Barrows' current armour, allowing me to solo most bosses again?

Well, at the moment, most GWD bosses hit too hard when using Barrows armour (mostly due to Skillcape not being OP anymore.)

I wonder if this change to armour stats would increase Barrows' current armour, allowing me to solo most bosses again?

I'd actually say that the difficulty is 'just right' when using Barrows/upper-mid level gear. It's a reasonable challenge, but not something that you can farm.

You could probably argue that stuff like soul split and endgame gear is responsible for the bosses being 'easy', but that makes sense: the latter is a tier above what the boss is rated for, and you could probably make a case for the former just being overpowered in general.

I thought they mentioned somewhere that you'd have the option to make either offensive or defensive PoP armor. Which is why I haven't used any of my resources yet :D

If that's the case, I want the current ports armour convertable into either kind :S.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I thought they mentioned somewhere that you'd have the option to make either offensive or defensive PoP armor. Which is why I haven't used any of my resources yet :D

If that's the case, I want the current ports armour convertable into either kind :S.

EDIT: misread.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

If it were convertible, then it owuld be both always instead of requiring you to make 2 sets... Though they should allow you to convert armor made before the update once.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If it were convertible, then it owuld be both always instead of requiring you to make 2 sets... Though they should allow you to convert armor made before the update once.

I don't think having armour being always convertible would be an issue if it required you do it at the appropriate workstation and perhaps only doable at 100 and 0 for no on the fly swapping.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Most God Wars bosses are far too easy as evidenced by the fact that people can solo them for as long as they wish. They were never intended to be done this way. It used to take a whole team for most and relatively some amount of experience and strategy. You could solo them but only get a few kills. Now people can hold a world for hours, just alone. That to me means that they they are broken.

I'm excited for the charm sprite update, ever since they updated tree graphics charm sprites were nearly impossible. I'm hoping we get to unlock a pet slithtils after enough catches, and graphical upgrades to the stick as well.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

This. If I get shafted with defensive PoP armor I will be mad.

Bets on new drops from higher tier gwd? I'm betting on either T75 offensive or T80 defensive armor.

EDIT: Also, I don't see why they bother making offensive and defensive armor when there's nowhere that really needs defense...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

An interesting move for GWD would be if the new hard modes dropped the offensive armour whilst the original GWD drop defensive versions, but I don't expect it.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Castle Wars continues to be one of your favourite minigames

I wonder how many people actually play it for fun or just to get the requirement done...

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Looking forward to camping SGWD for 4k KC without interruptions! Hopefully instancing means that we'll be able to choose spawn speed and such, like at KK.

Also looking forward to using full Hybrid in CWars, and honestly just seeing how they try to modernize it (I'm hoping they do something other than just the graphics and tickets changes. No [bleep]ing activity bar please!!).

Dual Primal Rapiers will also be nice, if only because I can use them now knowing that they're as good as any other Primal weapons. Maybe I'll go exotic and use dual daggers or warhammers... it really just depends on what they do with the bind system.

2dgucz6.png

Looking forward to camping SGWD for 4k KC without interruptions! Hopefully instancing means that we'll be able to choose spawn speed and such, like at KK.

Also looking forward to using full Hybrid in CWars, and honestly just seeing how they try to modernize it (I'm hoping they do something other than just the graphics and tickets changes. No [bleep]ing activity bar please!!).

Dual Primal Rapiers will also be nice, if only because I can use them now knowing that they're as good as any other Primal weapons. Maybe I'll go exotic and use dual daggers or warhammers... it really just depends on what they do with the bind system.

They will be tackling the issue around loafers and afk'ers! Well, they said they were aiming to, but with just ticket count or something like that it wont work!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Castle Wars continues to be one of your favourite minigames

I wonder how many people actually play it for fun or just to get the requirement done...

People did play it for fun until other people leeched in it to get the requirement done, which wrecked the game. Hopefully that will change back now.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I really hope the don't bust PoP armour :pray:

It really takes a long time to get it and at current game we do not need the defense, even Nex armour is sufficient by far!

I kinda hope we get a Mix 'n Max gear with PoP Armour! Aka a tiny bit defensive boost or current defense, with a bit of offensive boost! Like Nex Armour is now |^_^|

But knowing Jagex they won't do that and just simply bust PoP Armour till we need it for the newest bosses yet to come with T99 gear, which will be defensive too :wacko:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

They will be tackling the issue around loafers and afk'ers! Well, they said they were aiming to, but with just ticket count or something like that it wont work!

Hopefully their tweak to the trim req will be all that is needed for people to cease AFKing. It's been said plenty before, but requiring a much smaller amount of games won, rather than played, would likely rid Castle Wars of most of the loafing and leeching. Alternatively an activity quota, similar to (but hopefully more appropriately executed than) that of Pest Control would be an effective option.

2dgucz6.png

They said in HLF a while ago they were looking at tie it to acquiring and specific tier of equipment from rewards.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Alternatively an activity quota, similar to (but hopefully more appropriately executed than) that of Pest Control would be an effective option.

NO.

Big problem with that, like soul wars, it'll be a classic case of being unable to do anything, while the team who's the richest will win. ....Then again that's how CW has been since GWD. Either way, with how spaced-out CW is, an activity quota isn't a good fix. Similar to the currently broken waiting room issue. You might miss a game by 1 minute, but if you're still in the waiting room when the timer hits 15, BAM! you lose any tickets you'll win, unlike Soul Wars where if you have been in waiting room before that cut off, you'll still earn a prize.

Popoto.~<3

You clearly didn't read the part where I compared what I had in mind to Pest Control, and the whole italicization of quota in an effort to differentiate it from activity bar. As in, something like doing a certain amount of damage to other players, or at least taking hold of or/and capturing the flags.

2dgucz6.png