Behind the Scenes: April 2013

Alg

Hopefully certain sets aren't tied to certain stats as in offensive and defensive or hybrid. They should be introducing stances in the form of abilities.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You clearly didn't read the part where I compared what I had in mind to Pest Control, and the whole italicization of quota in an effort to differentiate it from activity bar. As in, something like doing a certain amount of damage to other players, or at least taking hold of or/and capturing the flags.

Thats still difficult. sure most CW players are capable of doing some damage (this is all without the aid of a catapult I'm referring to) but those lower players that are under 100cb or so, wont have a hells chance against say someone with Nex gear, or ancients, or a player 180+ with all of that and more. Personally I think the damage might be a problem if catapults don't count, and even then will the threshold be too low, too high, or do 'x' each 5 mins or something. I think it DOES need something to deteer loafers, but I dont think a damage base or activity will work in some situations.

Popoto.~<3

^ I think that's been suggested for bloody donkey years, only problem is if you have a friend you could farm it on an empty world. Then again that sorta what most peeps do now anyway.

Popoto.~<3

Then again that sorta what most peeps do now anyway.

Still, no reason not to try to make it fun, for a change. So you could farm it and get all the rewards (people will farm it regardless, because 'Scapers pay to work), or you could play the game normally, enjoy yourself, and get all the rewards.

A capture-the-flag-game is not a minigame meant to be played for rewards. It is meant to be played for fun. The armour and halos, while they look cool, are not rewards many players want or would invest the time into.

Trimmed comp is a massive epeen item, which caused all these problems.

• Like 4

You can play it for rewards Bruno... By that I mean anything can have rewards tacked on to show a level of progression of the material. In castle wars case it would be time dedicated to it. Because castle wars is the golden child of all runescapes minigames I think the community and jagex themselves largely accept the progression rewards the way they are. Now it's just a matter of revamping a few things - comp cape trim requirements specifically.

Honestly jagex should do a worldwide version of capture the flag because castlewars is too generic of a layout anyways.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hoping for a whole rework of ticketing that'll encourage participation, rather than simply adding an activity bar which will "force" involvement. Ticket for certain number of kills/captures etc IDK, rather than just the win/draw

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Yeah I think a cognitive reinforcing limit might be best for castle wars. I mean I agree with Sy that it should be like 20 kills in a game for an extra ticket. One ticket per flag turn in. One ticket for killing the flag bearer at least five times. Also making overkill attempts not count would be good. I also think putting in an anti-camp system feasible to keeping the minigame alive. I would say if you stand within the castle grounds longer than five minutes your kill count and flag bearer kill count freezes until you leave for two minutes.

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

APRILS FOOL, this is fake BTS April 2013

wait for real BTS April 2013, THERE IS NEW SKILL@@@@@@@@@@ :razz:

Too bad we know most of this information from the Premium Members letter, and so this BTS isn't fake..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

In my opinion, they have a great concept and game in Castle Wars, but like I was about to say, in my opinion, they need to make it "worth while" as it takes a lot of hours to collect tickets, therefore;

Why not have super strong weapons for inside Castle Wars that degrade over an amount of games but require tickets to charge/restore them up again?

Why not have items you can buy to use outside Castle Wars with good features?

These don't have to be weapons/armour, they could do it with everything, such as, noted fish, noted cooked fish, noted ores, noted bars, herbs, etc.

APRILS FOOL, this is fake BTS April 2013

wait for real BTS April 2013, THERE IS NEW SKILL@@@@@@@@@@ :razz:

Too bad we know most of this information from the Premium Members letter, and so this BTS isn't fake..

Plus the fact Jagex do 1 Aprils Fools a year and they did the Cook's Assistant Musical BTS video that was a very obvious joke.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

24f9w1u.gif

I thought i'd have to wait a few more years before seeing a charm collector, i'm quite grateful for this upcoming update. All around not too bad month once more. I like where scape is going.

• Like 1
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I don't quite get the logic of making the imp charm collector a dungeoneering reward though, other than to try to force repeat play into the "skill". Maybe if it was a gorajo like a newborn hoardstalker or something it might make more sense or even as a reward for doing the charmsprites minigame they are going to be reworking this month.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I don't quite get the logic of making the imp charm collector a dungeoneering reward though, other than to try to force repeat play into the "skill". Maybe if it was a gorajo like a newborn hoardstalker or something it might make more sense or even as a reward for doing the charmsprites minigame they are going to be reworking this month.

cause bonecrusher and herbicide are also dg things

the ash urns are just ash urns though

(the comparative cost being higher is dumb, yes)

8f14270694.jpg

Automatons should not be able to be stunned. There's no need making them any easier. The whole point is that you can't stun them so you have to worry about their quake attack if your nearby. Now they are even more safe and the gloves are probably going to crash hard(er).

Honestly all bosses should have more techniques other than safe spotting. The automatons were probably hashed out before much post- EOC consideration was made. The 'if you could wish the players did something what would it be' statement for jagex has been what can we do to get players to interact more with the bosses? Their latest bit has been the inclusion of stun with automatons and provoke with te kalphite king. Maybe t was an oversight that jagex hasn't upped the automatons dps (to be confirmed), but expect some rebalance if the mechanic makes them noticeably easier.

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Automatons should not be able to be stunned. There's no need making them any easier. The whole point is that you can't stun them so you have to worry about their quake attack if your nearby. Now they are even more safe and the gloves are probably going to crash hard(er).

Come on, that's honestly an overreaction lol. Not likely many people meleed automatons either when it's far easier/hassle-free to use range or mage, especially since you can get the melee ones stuck.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I meleed some of the ranged automatons, but they always die before they start using their specials, unless you decide to flurry a couple.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I ranged the mage automotons, and was always able to stay outside if they stomped but they almost never did. And if you melee the range ones they die so fast anyways.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Come on, that's honestly an overreaction lol. Not likely many people meleed automatons either when it's far easier/hassle-free to use range or mage, especially since you can get the melee ones stuck.

I sometimes overreact but can usually see it. I honestly don't see it in this instance. As for your claim that "not many people people likely meleed it"; that is certainly not true in my experience. During the 2 or so weeks that I no-lifed Automatons, the vast majority of people Meleed it with Drygores or C Mauls. Those that did it with Drygores often killed them fast enough that they wouldn't be able to quake and it was a popular method on RSOF. Even if you disagree with this, I don't see why you would want them to be stunnable? That'd still only make them easier. I think I would like for them to be of the same difficulty as Glacors, but that's just me.

• Like 1