Tutorial Island : Should Be Optional

kingmaniac

not a bad idea...

but people would start churning out players by macros, and soo we would all have no available names...

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...

New people would probably not "go the tutorial island" and start playing fast!

Which results in more people begging/asking for help.

However, there could be other ways too to check if you have other high level accounts 10+ if you do, you can skip it if you want.

There is ways. I don't know why javex won't do it.

It's surprising how many people do tutorial island and don't even know how to do things they were shown in the tutorial, especially magic.

Hehe, that true, but I think it's the thing that sais, you're almost finished when you arrive at the mage, so all the noobs think they're done. :roll:

how many accounts should a guy have at most. main, skill pure ,mining pure, range pure, mage pure, mele pure, defence noob just for kicks, and maby a runescape classic acount. A ligit player is not going to have more than 10 accounts, I think that the 30 minuts of your life wasted making each and every account is worth it considering someone else cant use that name now.

That would just make it easier and faster for autoers to make a new account after they get caught..... :roll:

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

This is a good thing and if it its optional what to u think how many ppl will do it? ( let me ask how many of u is reading rules and stuff if u are makeing accout some forum or smthing like that?) I know that i m not. So itÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs better if U have to go turtorial island before u can start to play. Like some others allready said then it starts how can i do this how can i do that and so on.

i think that instead of tutorial island, there should be little miniquests that you have to do to do a skill. just like with runecrafting. this way, you get a small intro when you want to, and not all at once. it wouldnt have to be too hard of a quest.

take fishing for example: for that skill, you would have to talk to the guy in the fishing shop in port sarim. he tells you that his shop needs a stock of fish. he wants you to go and fish some low level fish for him. he gives you your net and directs you to the nearest fishing ground. there, an npc meets you and teaches you how to fish. then you fish until you have the number of fish you need, then bring them back to the guy. he pays you some gp, you get some experience, and you get the fishing skill. easy. :)

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

I've heard a lot about people saying that it'll just make things faster for macroers that got caught... So what? They're still going to create a new character anyway so why prolong it? Having it shorter does make it faster for them but they're going to see it through anyway because the time wasted on doing the tutorial island is outweighed by the benefit of being able to macro.

I think the reason why the Tutorial Island should NOT be made optional is because of noobs that need to learn how to play the game. Although, something does have to be said for learning as you play. I started the game before the Tutorial Island was implemented and am just as able to play the game as the next person. I think that it is better for new players to be able to be led through the various aspects of the game; especially as the game expands and there are more skills to learn.

Tutorial island is needed.

Imagine new players just skipping it, come in to the main game, and start asking how do I...?

Would you like that?

well i had that before tut island was out and i was just cutting some trees and event didnt know how to drop items lol and made a new char :P (my right button was broken back then)

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

Oo i HATE that island place, takes for ever and i try to get some of my frineds to play and they go threw the stupid island and they generally give up!! this is REALLY annoying. doesnt really bother me because i only play one account but i really think the island turns people away, but like someone said b4 me they cant get rid of it bc of autoer jerks.

mysig11sv5.png

Tutorial island is needed.

Imagine new players just skipping it, come in to the main game, and start asking how do I...?

Would you like that?

It would be good if you read my post, which is EXACTLY what I said almost.

Jerk. Spammer.

i think it should be taken away they can read the main site for what to do

and for the guy who said is new players skipped it then thats there own fault when i started runescape there was no tut island

if i can do it with out a tut island so can they

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

I raised my mage there to 15, my attack to 10 and my str to 10 rofl....so easy to fun

Pretty fancy, seeing as how it caps your level and xp as soon as you hit level 3 in any skill.

you beat me to it :cry:

i think that instead of tutorial island, there should be little miniquests that you have to do to do a skill. just like with runecrafting. this way, you get a small intro when you want to, and not all at once. it wouldnt have to be too hard of a quest.

take fishing for example: for that skill, you would have to talk to the guy in the fishing shop in port sarim. he tells you that his shop needs a stock of fish. he wants you to go and fish some low level fish for him. he gives you your net and directs you to the nearest fishing ground. there, an npc meets you and teaches you how to fish. then you fish until you have the number of fish you need, then bring them back to the guy. he pays you some gp, you get some experience, and you get the fishing skill. easy. :)

It's an interesting idea... it might force new players to slow down and actually pay attention to what they're supposedly learning. They may be racing through Tutorial Island as fast as they can, which might explain

It's surprising how many people do tutorial island and don't even know how to do things they were shown in the tutorial, especially magic.
observations like these.

But it regards to autoers, I think removing Tutorial Island for such an idea would be very very bad. It seems most autoers are devoted to a single skill and the aforementioned NPCs would not be much of an obstacle.

Now, revamping Tutorial Island and implementing such an idea together so there's little redundancy... that might be interesting. At the very least, I think the Lumbridge Help Guide should be featured on Tutorial Island as well.

Moved to Runescape Discussions & Suggestions.