Behind the Scenes: May 2013

Leoo

The helm is the archon headdress which is from the armadylian warbands set off squeal. So yea, its the helm for a follower of armadyl.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

what i take issue with is that instead of making the potions actually say, useful in their current state, they're just adding another step onto it instead

Sounds like Chaotic claws all over again for me!

except that dragon claws shouldn't have been useful, they were T60 weapons (admittedly hard to get ones). Brews are tier 78/81 herblore and should be useful in their current state (not that zbrews have been useful since the release of extremes..)

the concept of any weapon specifically supposing to be "not useful" is stupid in of itself, so let's drop that notion first, because just because something is, doesn't mean it SHOULD be

dragon claws, while they shouldn't have been SUPER dominant, should have still been practical as a weapon (as should all claws)

with the redone system, at the VERY least, they're slashing weapon alternatives to dual swords with the bonus critical attack on them (like the daggers are for stabbing, although I don't know about them getting any bonus)

that's really where they should have been to begin with

the advent of level 60 weapons not being useful for anybody 70 and above should really not be a surprise at all

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

what i take issue with is that instead of making the potions actually say, useful in their current state, they're just adding another step onto it instead

Sounds like Chaotic claws all over again for me!

except that dragon claws shouldn't have been useful, they were T60 weapons (admittedly hard to get ones). Brews are tier 78/81 herblore and should be useful in their current state (not that zbrews have been useful since the release of extremes..)

the concept of any weapon specifically supposing to be "not useful" is stupid in of itself, so let's drop that notion first, because just because something is, doesn't mean it SHOULD be

dragon claws, while they shouldn't have been SUPER dominant, should have still been practical as a weapon (as should all claws)

with the redone system, at the VERY least, they're slashing weapon alternatives to dual swords with the bonus critical attack on them (like the daggers are for stabbing, although I don't know about them getting any bonus)

that's really where they should have been to begin with

the advent of level 60 weapons not being useful for anybody 70 and above should really not be a surprise at all

I think it should be pretty obvious that "not useful" is in relation to an endgame player, especially since I specifically mentioned them being tier 60 in my post. 60-70 is like 1% of the time spent training anyway.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

would you rather just have everybody start at level 70 then, because it sounds like to me that your reasoning is that because it's not useful to endgame players means that it hardly has any reason to exist

dragon claws ARE useful at level 60

brews AREN'T useful to anybody

8f14270694.jpg

would you rather just have everybody start at level 70 then, because it sounds like to me that your reasoning is that because it's not useful to endgame players means that it hardly has any reason to exist

dragon claws ARE useful at level 60

brews AREN'T useful to anybody

how is this even an argument against my post? I was saying that because brews are tier 78/81 (and the highest tier herblore healing item in game) they should be more useful to an endgame player then tier 60 claws (claws being kept "useful" by being used to make chaotic claws), which they currently aren't. There's no reason for dragon claws to be required for chaotic claws, other then an attempt to keep outdated content relevant, an attempt that hasn't been made with brews, which SHOULD be more useful content.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

actually, while brews should be useful to somebody, if they're going to have two tiers of that, i'd rather have the "extreme" brews be for the endgamers, and the normal brews useful for people at the midgame level, instead of not being useful at all, which is what i was referring to when i said they should have fixed brews first in general

the claw and whip attachments were largely an attempt to remove excess claws and whips from the market rather than fix anything because there wasn't anything wrong with the weapons at the time the attachments were released, and aren't a valid comparison

8f14270694.jpg

Interesting in the podcast

http://fansites.podomatic.com/entry/2013-05-02T13_44_25-07_00

They mention Sliske has an emissary. So that only really leaves 1 slot up for speculation.

1-3 are Arma Zammy and Godless/Guthix from BTS

4-6 Have gotta be Sara, Zaros and Bandos cause the big 6 gotta all be in there

7 podcast suggests is Sliske

8 I'd still say is a toss up of Seren or Tumeken/Pantheon; unless they done it weird and 8 is like "lesser god" and is meant to be Seren, Tumeken/Pantheon, Brassica, Marimbo, Kara god, frem god etc. all rolled into 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Interesting in the podcast

http://fansites.podo...T13_44_25-07_00

They mention Sliske has an emissary. So that only really leaves 1 slot up for speculation.

1-3 are Arma Zammy and Godless/Guthix from BTS

4-6 Have gotta be Sara, Zaros and Bandos cause the big 6 gotta all be in there

7 podcast suggests is Sliske

8 I'd still say is a toss up of Seren or Tumeken/Pantheon; unless they done it weird and 8 is like "lesser god" and is meant to be Seren, Tumeken/Pantheon, Brassica, Marimbo, Kara god, frem god etc. all rolled into 1

In the same podcast (actually I believe it is the same sentence as the Sliske emissary reveal) they mention that Seren gets an emissary as well. :P

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Not really as Sliske could also be just a follower of Zaros and that means Sliske has an emissary as Zaros =O

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

^I'd agree except that they make it pretty expressly clear the Sliske Emissary is a fan-girl esque stalkerish person who is very much for sliske and sliske alone; nothing to do with Zaros.

@Seren I typed whilst listening only hit them saying Seren & Zaros as I type this (Which kinda disproves lions point further)

So we actually have 6 100% confirmed: Sliske, Arma, Seren, Zamorak, Zaros, Godless.

Sara and Bandos gotta be the other 2 for sure cause just duh.

Edit: Oh and they mentioned Marimbo & Tumeken/Pantheon as the 'not included' plus mentioned being in the Sara faction. So I guess the only one of the 8 unconfirmed is Bandos.

Also I'm curious if we have any insights on the Chaos Elemental hint from the end:

"The wife of the prancing pony plays golf drinks whisky and sits below the delta"

My first thoughts on 'prancing pony' part would be the Dancing Donkey Inn (Varrock) or the Flying Horse Inn (Ardougne)

Delta is usual a rich fertile area near a river (Eg the nile delta) makes me think of the Scarabas area in SE desert or possibly a swampy location (lumby, mort myre, maybe poison waste) 'Below the Delta' really could kinda be most of them if you took below as in a dungeon (rather than south). I guess it might knock out poison waste since we know Dwarves won though.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

^I'd agree except that they make it pretty expressly clear the Sliske Emissary is a fan-girl esque stalkerish person who is very much for sliske and sliske alone; nothing to do with Zaros.

@Seren I typed whilst listening only hit them saying Seren & Zaros as I type this (Which kinda disproves lions point further)

So we actually have 6 100% confirmed: Sliske, Arma, Seren, Zamorak, Zaros, Godless.

Sara and Bandos gotta be the other 2 for sure cause just duh.

Edit: Oh and they mentioned Marimbo & Tumeken/Pantheon as the 'not included' plus mentioned being in the Sara faction. So I guess the only one of the 8 unconfirmed is Bandos.

Also I'm curious if we have any insights on the Chaos Elemental hint from the end:

"The wife of the prancing pony plays golf drinks whisky and sits below the delta"

My first thoughts on 'prancing pony' part would be the Dancing Donkey Inn (Varrock) or the Flying Horse Inn (Ardougne)

Delta is usual a rich fertile area near a river (Eg the nile delta) makes me think of the Scarabas area in SE desert or possibly a swampy location (lumby, mort myre, maybe poison waste) 'Below the Delta' really could kinda be most of them if you took below as in a dungeon (rather than south). I guess it might knock out poison waste since we know Dwarves won though.

Everyone knows that the prancing pony is in Bree, therefore the "delta" must be the Midgewater marshes.

• Like 5
meamzed.png

Yeah phonetic alphabet code for GWD, makes me wonder if the 'wife' is some how meant to reference Nex and it's a really short-term hint to say tht the Nex instancing/hard-mode is ready now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They clearly made their stance known that they didn't want to instance nex. I suppose it would be the only logical thing though.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They clearly made their stance known that they didn't want to instance nex. I suppose it would be the only logical thing though.

I haven't seen them say that - All I saw them say was about Nex not being done yet because they had tech issues with getting it to work.

From the news post of the update itself it says "Finally, please note that it's not yet possible to fight Nex in an instance."

Not yet possible clearly indicates it will be possible at some point.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

the problem is that one will always be better. They need some way to incentivize tanks to use brews and DPSers rocktails so they each have their own niche uses. Zamorak brews should also increase prayer (a little less then a prayer pot) and provide like a 10% adrenaline boost (12 second cooldown or something on the adren. boost)

That's a really good point. The amount of prayer they restore now is so terribly low.

At Nex at least, it was this way prior to this week's update. Attackers would use Rocktails, while Tanks would wear mage gear (Virtus or PoP, PoP was slightly better) and use Brews.