Behind the Scenes: May 2013

Leoo

Looks solid to me. I like that free players will get a cheap way of getting those first pray lvls.

Except that it's members only, because apparently jagex wanted to be sure that it would be dead content within a week.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

best parts of this bts to me is finally giving me access to html5 and NIS, also the God Emissaries (not as good as new quest but lore <3) :D

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Looks solid to me. I like that free players will get a cheap way of getting those first pray lvls.

Except that it's members only, because apparently jagex wanted to be sure that it would be dead content within a week.

I actually meant to say new instead of free, but yeah that still sucks. Do new people still get two weeks of mems for free? If so this should be the top priority.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Well, this month looks a bit dull. The thing I look forward to the most is probably the God Emissaries. Anyone care to guess which God I will chose to follow? :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Just a thought for the god emissaries, seren could easily have her own emissary, maybe for the 8th a lower diety emmisary? to cover the desert gods, karamja gods and gods like brassica prime (aka an others category to go along with the godless one for guthix)

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

If you know me at all then you'd know the only thing for me is the God Emissaries. Admittedly it certainly sounds interesting but to be honest I'm a bit concerned that they'll pull a typical JaGEx and make the different factions as stereotypical as possible. I really liked some tenants of the gods' representations being left to personal imagination. The best example, and what I'm mainly worried about, is that I've always believed Zamorak represented a personal will to achieve what you want, in spite of anyone else, something of an individualistic value. With this update they'll probably just make him sound like more of an evil prick than they already do. I was hoping with this being the year of the gods they'd shy away from that and blanket everything in a little more ambiguity but the updates so far haven't indicated as much.

EDIT

Ok actually it sounds like I'll be able to keepsake Primal Rapiers. Good month!

2dgucz6.png

I don't see how you hope to have ambiguity on the gods when they are all coming back to literally walk around in front of us. I also fear you will be sorely disappointed with Zamorak considering we know he doesn't work alone for just his gain, all the lore we have him involves allies and accomplices. Plus we know his core tenants revolve around chaos, not around gaining power. If you want someone about gaining power regardless of others Zaros is a more likely fit being the god of Might and all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wish they would also just finish the bunch of pending quest lines and start working on the recently started ones; the signature heroes ones.

I miss having a bunch of quests to do :(.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

No. There is no free p2p any more.

I like the way you've colored in the p2p stats on your sig, [sarcasm]+1 Jagex for that genius idea.[/sarcasm]

FGU is speculating that the God Factions update will actually be the new skill.

Not entirely sure about this as the first skill is expected to be a resource skill, but then again resource collection could be a rather vague term. Not holding my breath on this. If it does turn out to be the new skill, it will be purely P2P.

[qfc]16-17-500-64952243[/qfc]

Quote from Mod Osborne's RuneRadio interview (transcribed text at [qfc]16-17-429-64944778[/qfc])

- if new skills have lore to them in similar way to Dungeoneering?: yes and no: it will have lore tied into the thing of the Sixth Age, in the same way as dungeoneering,

- the first skill is almost flaming/following on from TWW quest. The events of it will lead of kind of a theme and what you are doing on the skill. It follows directly from the lore.

- and the second skill is going to be taking the first skill’s theme even further, on the sense that ‘as I am progressing in the skill, I am also progressing in a story, and there are some connection, maybe milestones in that skill that unlock some more story’ (but that might change in the future);[don’t understand the last part, but think he means that quests might take it further]

- these new skills put less difference on the skilling and story ‘modes’ players like to play on

I can definitely see the Faction alignment as either being the major precursor to or the actual new skill itself. For one, I don't think they'll announce the new skill in the BTS, they'd probably just drop it on us and yell, "surprise!"

I don't see how you hope to have ambiguity on the gods when they are all coming back to literally walk around in front of us. I also fear you will be sorely disappointed with Zamorak considering we know he doesn't work alone for just his gain, all the lore we have him involves allies and accomplices. Plus we know his core tenants revolve around chaos, not around gaining power. If you want someone about gaining power regardless of others Zaros is a more likely fit being the god of Might and all.

I fear you've sorely misunderstood everything I said. By ambiguity, I meant that the gods would not be represented as their stereotypes. We've seen a slight hint in this vein by Saradomin's clearly ulterior motives - that he is not purely "good" just because he is law, that "law" as an attribute may be separated from its positive connotation making way for a far more interesting narrative.

As for Zamorak in particular, there would appear an implied focus on the value of the individual, of striving for personal goals (not necessarily only gaining power), but I have no idea why you would take that to mean that one cannot have allies.

As for Zaros... I had thought it confirmed he was to be the god of control. In either case I don't see how it's relevant.

2dgucz6.png

Why do gods need to represent something?

They're individuals who have different moral values. The emissaries will just talk about what their gods believe and want, not what they "represent".

• Like 1

I was trying to figure what the 8 factions would be.

1. Godless - BTS

2. Zamorak - BTS

3. Armadyl - BTS

4. Saradomin - Obvious

5. Bandos - Obvious

6. Zaros - Obvious

Seren and Desert Pantheon [sIC] (you can play them on the armies of gielinor, funorb game)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I fear you've sorely misunderstood everything I said. By ambiguity, I meant that the gods would not be represented as their stereotypes. We've seen a slight hint in this vein by Saradomin's clearly ulterior motives - that he is not purely "good" just because he is law, that "law" as an attribute may be separated from its positive connotation making way for a far more interesting narrative.

As for Zamorak in particular, there would appear an implied focus on the value of the individual, of striving for personal goals (not necessarily only gaining power), but I have no idea why you would take that to mean that one cannot have allies.

As for Zaros... I had thought it confirmed he was to be the god of control. In either case I don't see how it's relevant.

My bad on Zaros, it is control.

Also Saradomin is not the 'good' god or the god of law. His ethos is Order - order has to be created and maintained by force or perceived force at least.

I misunderstood what you meant by 'ambiguity' because it was a slight mis-use of the word - if you want them to have more characteristics than their ethos alone that is anything but ambiguous as we have to be shown/told them.

@Hedgehog they don't *have* to represent something, but most of the gods thus far have all been given an ethos that they represent that has been created through their attitude and teachings (or implied to be as such)

Saradomin is Order

Armadyl is Justice

Zaros is Control

Zamorak is Chaos

Guthix is Balance

Bandos is sort of odd one out being the 'god of war' as his is less an ethos more a mercenary-nature.

Tumeken and Seren haven't been shown to have any major ethos as of yet, Skargaroth and Tuska have been talked about not particularly being 'gods' in the sense we think of them. Skargaroth is just some who wants to kill powerful beasts, who happens to be a god, and Tuska is a mindless animal that happened to attain godhood.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The new skill is time travel! Travel back to Guthix's home world ..

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Why do gods need to represent something?

They're individuals who have different moral values. The emissaries will just talk about what their gods believe and want, not what they "represent".

jxbsYcT.gif

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Whats this about keepsaking weapons? I'm too blind to see it in the update text.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

I hope the experience-in-other-skills-reward from the new farm plots are untradeable, or else all of the skills influenced will (probably) become super-fast 200m buyables as a result.

All of these updates sound nice and fairly small. So long as we get good, big updates later on, that's fine. Maybe fixing combat, even.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

All of these updates sound nice and fairly small. So long as we get good, big updates later on, that's fine. Maybe fixing combat, even.

As if Jagex is capable of fixing it given their current history of completely misunderstanding feedback?

I'm just hoping for updates to the NIS and HTML5 beta are solid for this month, (which would explain why the month is light on regular content.)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Also Saradomin is not the 'good' god or the god of law. His ethos is Order - order has to be created and maintained by force or perceived force at least.

<Saradomin hat>

The God Wars are like World War II. Saradomin is the Allies. Zamorak is the Nazis.

Both sides killed a lot of people and a lot of civilians. But is that really worse than what the Nazis would have done if they had gone unchecked? Guthix would have you stand by, neutral, and quietly let the Zamorakians perform their atrocities.

If you don't want Hitler to win, vote Saradomin!

</Saradomin hat>

As if Jagex is capable of fixing it given their current history of completely misunderstanding feedback?

I'm just hoping for updates to the NIS and HTML5 beta are solid for this month, (which would explain why the month is light on regular content.)

I don't think they misunderstand feedback so much as they don't listen to the best feedback.

Guthix wouldn't stand by. He'd allow what destruction was necessary to maintain balance.

• Like 1