20-May-2013: Harvest Heaven

Pirkka

But that's just for Limpwurtsezzes...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Yeah the only genuine normal functioning flower patches are Cathurby, Ardougne, Falador and Port Phasymatas.

Wilderness is an added 5th, but Limpwurt only.

I think a lot of people get confused as they think allotment = the set of 4 patches because of Jagex double terminology.

The 4 major sites are an allotment, in the context of councils etc rent out allotments for people to grow all sorts of things, so they are a combined area of several farming patches.

But at each of the 4 major sites there is a flower patch a herb patch and 2 allotment patches, allotment in this context meaning specifically growing vegetables/produce.

But yeah Harmony (and Taverly) have singular allotment patches, not entire allotments. It'd be much easier if Jagex in official terminology renamed allotment patches to be vegetable or produce patches. That way you could easily differentiate between a vegetable patch and the entire allotment setup.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wishing Well Bushes, in my opinion best part of the update. Once the seeds and hops settle to a good price I'd say they could yield a higher profit average than herb farming. Shame, that all the items in the tables are going to get super inflated. Though, on the bright side gp gets some counter inflation.

They "so" remind me of Bell Trees from Animal Crossing.

• Like 1

Snape grass, potato cacti and the reeds are possibly the best part of the update in my opinion. That's keeping the theme of the farming skill in mind. Then again I'm not sure [garden tool] I feel about the potato cacti being destroyed on harvest.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Potato cactus plant apparently functions like the original cactus.

The problem is that cactus spines are worth way more than the potato cactus hurr hurr. Should have made the potato cactus give both spines and potato cacti.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The problem is that cactus spines are worth way more than the potato cactus hurr hurr. Should have made the potato cactus give both spines and potato cacti.

Using the whole efficient thought pattern loosely... I would prefer potato cacti over cactus spines because I would harvest for the magic potion ingredient over the yew tree protection cost payment. Besides how many potato cacti do you get per plant?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Has anyone seen any guthixian butterflies from the butterfly flower plant? I've planted a few and each time nothing.

I would probably think that its something like a 10-25% chance. Then again I don't have concrete evidence and just a realistic mindset.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Btw; these reeds spawning toads and lizards (if I understood that correctly), are now the first domesticated critters we can farm ourselves!

Can't wait for chickens, pigs, and cows!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Using the whole efficient thought pattern loosely... I would prefer potato cacti over cactus spines because I would harvest for the magic potion ingredient over the yew tree protection cost payment.

You can just sell one spine and buy three potato cacti?...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Using the whole efficient thought pattern loosely... I would prefer potato cacti over cactus spines because I would harvest for the magic potion ingredient over the yew tree protection cost payment.

You can just sell one spine and buy three potato cacti?...

I like the direct route.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Using the whole efficient thought pattern loosely... I would prefer potato cacti over cactus spines because I would harvest for the magic potion ingredient over the yew tree protection cost payment. Besides how many potato cacti do you get per plant?

You get the same amount of cacti as you do spines (6 with diary complete and 3 without)

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

"which offer Agility XP to the nimble naturalist."

Just wanted to point out that the word they wanted to use there was "naturist" since a "naturalist" is also known as a "nudist".

Unless there's hordes of players out there farming in the buff...

So *that’s* why one guy asked me if I wanted to see his “garden snake” … :huh:

• Like 3

nyuseg.png

Harvested the last two bushes this morning, none of the loot from last night sold, everything is incredibly undervalued likely because everyone and there dog got the same items, nice troll jagex. I'm anticipating being somewhere in the realm of 1.5-2mil loss on 6 seeds.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Thanks blyaunte and I just harvested my potato cacti and can confirm that it doesn't disappear like the other planks.

I caint wait tuh git me sum snape grass seeds hur hur hur. I've been wanting to harvest snape grass and toads for ever to use in my potions.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just wanted to point out that the word they wanted to use there was "naturist" since a "naturalist" is also known as a "nudist".

So *thats* why one guy asked me if I wanted to see his garden snake :huh:

Hey it was a valid question...

77yLQy8.png

how are people managing to sell their seeds for MA reward credits? i tried yesterday and today with no success. I am on the top floor with Lord Marshall Brogan but it says I can not sell that item to this shop.

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

How big of sample would it take to be semi accurate for wishing well bushes? I've started a log to determine the profitability of farming the bushes. If you wish to help submit data use the link below.

https://docs.google....f_3Tuw/viewform

Looking to determine Average Percentage return within +/- 5%

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Difficult to get a solid average (you could perhaps get the limit of the average though, with enough data, though this would probably be several thousand points). If you used T-statistics to get a confidence interval for the average, you wouldn't be doing too badly with even just 20 samples, though up around 250 is getting pretty reasonable for a 95% interval (that is, 19 times out of 20 the true average will be in your given interval). T statistics do assume the distribution is normal though. There are ways to manipulate the data into being more normal, though it helps if it's at least close.

So *that's* why one guy asked me if I wanted to see his "garden snake" … huh.png

Hey it was a valid question...

I was immediately suspicious when he said his "python imitation" didn't include the Spanish Inquisition ... <_<

nyuseg.png