TET Presents: Slayer Tower and Shiva Tribute! (Sat the 18th)

Barihawk

Almost a year ago, Zamorakian mages expirimenting with teleportation to the Abyss to attempt Runecrafting suffered a terrifying accident. At the loss of over 100 young students, a rift was formed...locating itself at the top of an abandoned castle in Morytania. Through this rift, thousands of Abyssal Demons descended upon the inhabitants of the castle and whiped them out. Luckily for the common Runescapian, the average Abyssal Creature is not intelligent enough to open doors.

The demonic Aura from these beasts attracted other frightening creatures such as Gargoyles and Nechraels, who had defeated many brave warriors over the ages and collected a nice lot of treasure in thier lairs. Other phantasms that came to the place of darkness included smelly apparitions, giant tongues, deadly undead mages, screaming ghouls, and decapitated hands.

Five of Gielenor's mightiest heroes gathered to discuss what was to be done in the light of this dark tower. Tureal of Buthorpe, Mazchna of Canifis, Vannaka of Edgeville, Chaeldar of Zanaris, and Duradel of Shilo knew what had to be done. They invaded the tower and slew as many creatures as they could, but more poured out of the rift. It soon became evident that these Abyssal demons were beginning to shape the behaviors of various creatures across the land. The slayer masters decided to recruit the mightiest fighters from across the land to spread out and increase thier ability to kill and eventually have the experience to fend off the invasion from the Abyss.

One year later, the Demons still stand strong. However, mighty heroes have defeated many of the greater evils and found great treasure such as armored boots and mauls of granite. It is even said that an intact intestine of the Abyssal Demon can be used as a weapon of ultimate power...

The Council sent one of its members to the scene. He found himself in Canifis Proper, where he made inqueries of the locals to find the haunted castle...

screen020yu.jpg

He then fought his way to the steps of the castle, but a terrifying scream startled him in activating his ectophial.

screen035et.jpg

He returned to the Council, and demanded that help be given in slaying these fierce monsters, beginning at the step from which he left off.

Warriors, Mages, and Archers of Runescape! The Council of Entertainment that you know as the Tip.It Events Team has sent out a notice in urgent need of recruits to help turn back the invasion! Great rewards await those who come and assist in the Slaying of the Tower Demons!

A scroll is posted in every city in Gielenor, it reads:

Tip.It Events Team Presents: SLAYER TOWER INVASION!

tetbanner3or1zc.jpg

Grab your noseplugs and earmuffs and don your highest magic defense! It's time for another Slayer Tower Invasion! No matter what your combat level or slayer level, you can partake in this massacre of some of the baddiest baddies in all of Runescape!

What to bring:

If you plan on killing Crawling Hands and Banshees, bring melee armor (bronze-dragon) and do NOT forget to wear earmuffs for the Banshees! If you plan on slaying Infernal Mages all the way to Abyssal Demons, wear your highest mage defense gear (my personal selection is Full black hides, bear helm (Farseer helm works as well), mystic boots and an armored cape (God Capes, Legends Cape, Obsidian and Fire capes). Melee armor can be used, but you will be eating a lot of food. It would be wise to bring lots of food, a Canifis Teleport (for you Ancient Mages out there) and an Ectophial if you have one! If you plan on fighting or viewing fights on the third floor, remember to bring a noseplug! TET will not be responsible if you forget and get gacked by the Abberant Spectres!

Where to meet:

We will be meeting in Canifis Proper (that's the town square) under the signpost (just south of the bank) until 5 minutes before the event. After that, we will relocate to the area just south of the Tower, where the hosts will go over important announcements.

The server is World 9

What time to meet:

8 PM in Central European Time

11 AM in PST

12 PM in MST

1 PM in CST

2 PM in EST

7 PM in GMT

4 AM Sunday ACST*

5 AM Sunday AEST*

*Sorry Aussies!

Will there be a drop party?

There most certainly will! However, this will not be completely be put on by the TET. Like last Slayer Invasion, we will ask that each person donates at least one item from the loot they got from the slayer monsters (we don't mind what it is! Anything from colored gloves to a whip!) If you would like to make a bigger donation, feel free! The TET will be dropping some goodies as well. The more people donate to the drop, the bigger and more fun it will be! As always, the location of the drop party will not be announced. When the Slayer part of the event is over, we will send runners to all of the floors and to the Canifis bank and assemble south of the Tower, where the TET host will lead you to the party!

Memorial to Shiva "Anarith" Kumar:

If you do not know who Shiva is, please check this topic (http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=403422)

This event will be very special for me. It was Shiva's last hosted event before his passing, and slaying Abyssal Demons was a hobby of his. We will have a few remarks from his friends as well as a moment of silence. This will occur procisely when the event was scheduled to occur, so please do not be late.

After the drop party, we will be holding a few games of castle wars. In addition, there will be a special Castle Wars event this Wedensday (the 15th) that is also a memorium to our friend.

Reference to Slayer Levels needed:

Crawling Hands: 5 Slayer

No Equipment Needed

Banshees: 15 Slayer

Need Earmuffs

Infernal Mages: 45 Slayer

No Equipment Needed

Bloodvelds: 50 Slayer

No Equipment Needed

Abberant Spectres: 60 Slayer

Need Noseplugs (bring them even if you are not slaying them)

Warning: Aggressive!

Gargoyle: 75 Slayer

Need Rock Hammer

Nechryael: 80 Slayer

No Equipment Needed

Abyssal Demon: 85 Slayer

No Equipment Needed

Hosts for this Event:

Barihawk

Ravinasian

See you all there!

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Looks at hastily edited topic title*

There you go.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

If you knew Shiva in any way or heard of him, please come and show your respects for him. Also remember during the time where he's being mentioned to keep as solemn and quiet an attitude as possible. I shouldn't have to say that really, but just in case.

i dont visit the general board so this is my first time reading this an i am saddened

i was just trying to recall shiva's rsn

ill try to show up with lvl 80 slayer.

ill do my best to get the level for shiva!

If you knew Shiva in any way or heard of him, please come and show your respects for him. Also remember during the time where he's being mentioned to keep as solemn and quiet an attitude as possible. I shouldn't have to say that really, but just in case.

and perhaps any1 who would like to play castle wars in his memory directly AFTER this, stick around perhaps because i know shiva loved to play castle wars frequently.

Guest r3dh3adkid

I'll be there to pay my respects for Shiva. I enjoyed their posts.

[EDIT] Scratch that I just rememberd i'm not P2P anymore. RIP Shiva

Oh btw saturday is the 19th cause on sunday its 20th my birthday :P

Check your calender. I am pretty sure that today is the 12th, which makes Saturday the 18th.

Untitled.png

Shiva was a great great man, and role model to me, he showed me the basics of Castle Wars...Now the day i get my full Gold, I will dedicate it to Him, he showed me what a true champion is, and now i must follow in his footsteps. Goodbye Man, See you in Paradise.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I would try to show up, but already know I can't. Not going to be a member on that date.

Hope everyone has a fun time remembering Shiva and taking part in the event.

EDIT: Anyone who might want to pay tribute to Shiva could take his Sig and use it as theres. Just an idea that popped into my head. I've opted to do that myself, since my sig was pretty much boring.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

At one of his f2p drop parties some months back, most people were shouting "down with anarith" or "anarith is a p**f" and i was telling them to be quiet. I now wish I'd jumped through their monitors and made them die instead of good ol' Shiva.

I will be there, trying to get the dumb slayer master to give me an assignment of something in the tower. I will go to CW after and I will be there Wednesday.

I started posting on this forum after Shiva passed, but I read the article and other board and would like to remember him.

RIP SHIVA