Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Motivation to play - what drives you? (Split from 200M in all skills)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Play to win, and in my books winning is Reg Comp Cape, been playing to long to stop now.

Although lately I have entertained the idea of starting a second account for either DIY or shortest days played to max cape.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Squakus
[ Display Name History ]

Squakus

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Flere Imsaho
  • Clan:Dgs
I play for the lore.

In between updates I play for the social aspect, seeing my character improve, and to relax.

And for some of the music.
flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Chat in my regular FCs.
Chat with friends.
Mute spambots.
And more recently, wait for RS3 and the new skills.

mousepad
[ Display Name History ]

mousepad

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 100 posts
I play runescape in phases. I play until I'm bored with the RS style of game play and then I take a break for other types of games (skyrim, half-life). I accepted a while ago that I'm a gamer for life, so pouring hours into RS aren't wasted any more than if I played some other game or just cruised Reddit all day.
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
I don't play anymore because it's no longer fun and I don't really like the direction in which the game is headed. Plus I don't have any goals left in the game since I can pretty much do anything I want now. :P

Will probably play for a bit to check out divination though.

77yLQy8.png

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kamil1210
It is hard to stop after so many years.
Addiction? Maybe. Or maybe my life is soo boring that I have nothing better to do than traning firemeaking.

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

I don't play anymore because it's no longer fun and I don't really like the direction in which the game is headed. Plus I don't have any goals left in the game since I can pretty much do anything I want now. :P

PK VIDEO

Posted Image

please ;_;?
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
I like the world of Gielinor, I enjoy the music, I like the fact my character is autonomous enough for me to not have to pay 100% attention to the game (multitasking, I can spend time working on other stuff I want/have to do while also progressing in-game.)

The quests are memorable, have well thought-out storylines that leave you wanting more once you've finished them, sometimes even a little bit sad that everything is over.

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy
I play to spin the illustrious squeel of fortune wheel. I always wanted to play a mmorpg with wheel of fortune and the price is right integrated.

Low_C.png

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

I play to spin the illustrious squeel of fortune wheel. I always wanted to play a mmorpg with wheel of fortune and the price is right integrated.

I sense something; a presence I've not felt since ...

Oh wait, it's just sarcasm. :lol:

nyuseg.png

Archangelx
[ Display Name History ]

Archangelx

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:ArchangeLx

I play for the lore.

And for some of the music.

Two of the main reasons in my book! The lore and stories are fascinating; even the novels that came out, if you guys ever get a chance to read em. And now with the game progressing more heavily into the grander story telling aspects of the game, it's got me motivated to play much more regularly and improve all skills so I can get the full benefits of the quests.

Along with that, the emphasis into the soundtracks has me pretty excited - some of the more recent compositions (Memories of Guthix, Wending Through The Willows, Citharede (total spelling error) Reqiuem), are fantastic!

Posted Image

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc
Maxing has pretty much done as I expected and has me sitting at a bank all day chatting. Oddly enough I'm looking forward to divination if only for the fact I will have a goal to work towards again.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

PK VIDEO

Posted Image

please ;_;?

Lol I'll probably make an 07 PK video in the distant future once I've got 90+ range/mage. But the only way I will train those skills is via chinning and string amulet, and the only way I'm making money is via Miscellania because my tolerance for grinding is extremely low. So it'll be a very long time before I've got fun PK'ing stats :P The game might not even exist by then haha

77yLQy8.png

Rjk
[ Display Name History ]

Rjk

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • RSN '07:Rjk
To be better than Leik(he might be 1.2b+ exp ahead but who cares)!
I'll reach there one day.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
I feel you man I haven't even started 07 yet and I doubt there wlil be much F2P pking activity. Though there's still MB.

Then again a 99 49 99 99 range/mage staker always appealed to me but... yeah see you in another decade.
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

To be better than Leik(he might be 1.2b+ exp ahead but who cares)!
I'll reach there one day.

Better than Leik isn't hard. XP is irrelevant tbh.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Lizi
[ Display Name History ]

Lizi

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RSN:Lizi
  • Clan:Triumvirate
I come back from time to time for my clan.

I literally cried earlier thinking of the hundreds of friends I made, and how most have left Runescape since.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte
I have to say that, lately, I have really been enjoying the Role-players on W42. They're up on their "lore" and some of them really getting into it, which adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game, while you're playing it.

Last night, while at a fallen star with a group of people, two guys got into an "argument" over which of the gods they supported. They exchanged "pleasantries" for a fair while. After the star tubbied, they wished each other the best, and moved on.

To be honest, it was probably one of the most entertaining fallen stars I've ever attended!

:lol:

nyuseg.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Completionist trim goals seem to be a side goal for me in terms of game completion. The main goals I have are generally a well rounded character in all perspectives of the game ranging from personal knowledge/skill (how to effectively kill a monster, rolls, knowledge of an area), in game skills and area completion and lastly a completion of the bank. Right now I'm working on the last two and yet are fairly complex and hard to describe. Generally they are to have a supreme PVMers bank and to be well stocked and ready for the next PVM update.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
A big spurt of recent motivation for me has been creating a new account and seeing how the current game is to new players. I have to say, I had a lot of fun with it even though I'll never truly recapture that "new player feeling." I generally don't have a need to look up stuff because I already know it exists in a lot of cases (with only a few exceptions, like low level armor that I'm not familiar with.)

But when I look at my main account, I'm...bored, sadly. I miss the clans I used to be in, the friends and group activities. Big events are fun, but so impersonal. I've got a lot I can still do in the game since I'm far from maxed or completionist, but I generally have little desire to do it. I do what I can here and there, but since most of the duration of my playing style has been friend-driven motivation rather than self-motivation (is that a thing?) I find myself slowly losing attachment to my beloved Runescape. :(

hzvjpwS.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users