Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind The Scenes - August 2013

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

PolarBearBlue
[ Display Name History ]

PolarBearBlue

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Polarbearblu
  • RSN2:Ligertype0
  • Clan:HYT

Tbf no-one even really whined about the delay, everyone was very accepting the only negative was my point about how they dealt with telling us.

I agree. I would be more accepting of the delays and wait if Jagex was just more transparent. We know managing this game is very difficult. If you have to delay the second skill to get more time to make it good then let us know.
29386_s.gif
"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie
[Slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Kamil1210
new skill - ok
quest - ok
shops - ok

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Divination is P2P......figures.

Why would the people who pay to support the ongoing development and maintenance of the game not reap the benefits of it?
EDIT: failed grammar

Oh I agree with that. It's just that there has been a lot of talk of jagex saying one of the two skills would be in part f2p and it would have made sense to have been the gathering skill. I haven't seen a primary source for that so it may well be false.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

a quest where it actually matters that I'm a Zamorakian!

As long as it takes your emissary choice into account as well. If someone in the quest asks my character why a card-carrying follower of Armadyl (who chose to protect Guthix) sided with Zamorak, only to work against him in this quest... =P~

You know, I'm starting to think Alg the character is stupid neutral. Her loyalties change by the hour.

J35u5_M4
[ Display Name History ]

J35u5_M4

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • RSN:J35u5 M4
  • Clan:True Maxed
Lol at the second skill being delayed, o well, I'd rather have it delayed and be ready than released before its time.
Bit sad it's not a double bill like with Arianne and Ozan's quests, but oh well, quests sounds good though.
Divination has me worried it'll be a grindfest like skilling at BoL. But we'll see about that soon enough...

Posted Image

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy

Lol at the second skill being delayed, o well, I'd rather have it delayed and be ready than released before its time.
Bit sad it's not a double bill like with Arianne and Ozan's quests, but oh well, quests sounds good though.
Divination has me worried it'll be a grindfest like skilling at BoL. But we'll see about that soon enough...

BoL isn't a grindfest, have you seen how AFK it is?

Divination should be far more grindy than that.

Asmodean <3

J35u5_M4
[ Display Name History ]

J35u5_M4

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • RSN:J35u5 M4
  • Clan:True Maxed

Doesn't matter how AFK it is, it's like saying mining/fishing aren't grindy

Posted Image

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
Have you tried getting the shards? Well, it is very intensive, fighting over some rare shards.

Howlin0001
[ Display Name History ]

Howlin0001

Howlin Wowlin

• Website Crew
  • 3,627 posts
  • RSN:Howlin1
Any date set for the release of Divination? I'm thinking it might be next tuesday or wednesday?

Posted Image

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik

Any date set for the release of Divination? I'm thinking it might be next tuesday or wednesday?

Well, they said 4 weeks after RS3, and it's only been like what, just over a week? But Divi being the first item in the BTS, I have no idea.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Doesn't matter how AFK it is, it's like saying mining/fishing aren't grindy

Depends how you train them. How grindy something is, is a combination of the xp/hr and afkability to me. Mining isn't a grindy skill to me anymore, due to either warbands making it 1800k xp/hr, or training it normally but with eoc making it incredibly AFK. Equally I wouldn't view rocktail fishing as exactly grindy, C2 probably is.

Asmodean <3

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None

Divination is P2P......figures.

Why would the people who pay to support the ongoing development and maintenance of the game not reap the benefits of it?
EDIT: failed grammar

Oh I agree with that. It's just that there has been a lot of talk of jagex saying one of the two skills would be in part f2p and it would have made sense to have been the gathering skill. I haven't seen a primary source for that so it may well be false.

If they make the 2nd skill reliant on Divination they force F2P to rely on P2P for supplies.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RSN:helring

New quest is always nice, shame they are replacing a classic though.

I don't get why they're replacing an old (classic) quest with an up-to-date one. I suppose the reason is likely to be “quality control” – and it’s probably premature of me to judge at this point, but why not simply make it an entire new quest and let us enjoy both of them?
Not that I mind, really – I’ve just always enjoyed doing quests and would rather see “more” of them than “less”, as it were … :unsure:

I recently created a new account. Replayed Black Knights Fortress....it wasn't good. Its short, extremely light on lore, storywise its bare-bones, and takes maybe 5 minutes if you already have the items.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Isn't it funny how they kept saying Divination and the second new skill wouldn't be directly related to each other, then in the BTS they say the complete opposite?

Oh, but it is partly F2P.

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

I don't get why they're replacing an old (classic) quest with an up-to-date one. I suppose the reason is likely to be “quality control” – and it’s probably premature of me to judge at this point, but why not simply make it an entire new quest and let us enjoy both of them?
Not that I mind, really – I’ve just always enjoyed doing quests and would rather see “more” of them than “less”, as it were … :unsure:

I recently created a new account. Replayed Black Knights Fortress....it wasn't good. Its short, extremely light on lore, storywise its bare-bones, and takes maybe 5 minutes if you already have the items.

I did it maybe 2 weeks ago on 07, and I thought it was a fun quest. There is quite a lot of old Jagex humour in there.

Asmodean <3

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I did it maybe 2 weeks ago on 07, and I thought it was a fun quest. There is quite a lot of old Jagex humour in there.

Other than the humor, it's a pretty benign and stupid quest. They could have left it and just made the new one a sequel to it, though.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Other than the humor, it's a pretty benign and stupid quest. They could have left it and just made the new one a sequel to it, though.

See, you seem to be able to accept that the old and unpolished quest can fit into the game world in its own right, as a gaggy and simple quest (a la Bacon). On the other hand, Jagex can't, which is why Demon Slayer became some weird underbudgeted abortion.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I can understand why they'd remove it, though: it looks bad to new users. RS3 is as much about bringing in new players (and apparently they're doing a pretty good job; I personally know a few people irl who've made new accounts to try out RS3) as it is about improving the game for veterans, and you don't want new users to be put off by a shitty quest that's no longer necessary.

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RSN:helring

See, you seem to be able to accept that the old and unpolished quest can fit into the game world in its own right, as a gaggy and simple quest (a la Bacon). On the other hand, Jagex can't, which is why Demon Slayer became some weird underbudgeted abortion.

There was a bit of humour, but not too much. Overall if they leave in some of the humour I feel the quest will be better for the lore additions and such. I love most of the quests but this one was just sub-par. I do hate what they did to Demon Slayer, but I think Demon Slayer had a lot more to it than Black Knights Fortress.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
With the exception of Demon Slayer, all of the reworks they've done to old quests have been top notch in my opinion. I really enjoyed both Ozan and Ariane's double quests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users