Missing, Presumed Death

Nobody

Its weird how they are not consistent with the quest title. In one of the bts vids mod mark called it missing, presumed dead. Also in today's newspost the music medley is also labelled as such. Yet the official name is now missing, presumed death.  :huh:

...The title's been Missing, Presumed Death for awhile now. It's not new.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Its weird how they are not consistent with the quest title. In one of the bts vids mod mark called it missing, presumed dead. Also in today's newspost the music medley is also labelled as such. Yet the official name is now missing, presumed death.  :huh:

Probably because it is quite easy to subconsciously write or say the well know phrase missing, presumed dead when trying to write the intentional pun on it missing, presumed death.

The title was never Missing, presumed dead it's been Missing presumed death since we first heard about it through to today.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

...The title's been Missing, Presumed Death for awhile now. It's not new.

Not to mention that the term, "missing, presumed dead", is common in English nomenclature, and Jagex's videos aren't exactly high production and very few people, including Mod Mark himself, were probably totally unaware of his verbal misstep in giving the name of the quest.

Until now ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

So I finished the quest...what was the big twist supposed to be?

All seemed rather predictable to me I did have a couple of minor gripes though:

There seemed to be 1 podium per major god purposefully built for this event (on the basis we know Seren was baited and that Aramdyl wouldn't have an Armadyl podium in his throne room)

Therefore I am curious on a few matters:

1) Why a Brassica prime podium? He is such a lowly god that he was allowed to stay through the edicts. Assuming of course it was a Brassica Prime podium beneath the cabbage.

2) Why a Guthix podium? Sliske killed Guthix himself, there was clearly no-one to use it.

3) Why Icthalarin for a podium and not other desert gods? Sure Het, Crondis, Ampken and Scarbas are lower than him but Amascut is his equal (though growing in power) and Tumeken is senior to the both of them.

4) Why did Jagex tease this early on as the quest that will answer if Sliske is a god if it failed to do that and purposefully had dialogue about dodging answering?!?!?!

5) The high lvl post-quest lamps. Seriously you leave the entire citadel open for us to roam around but make it utterly empty and just have death hand us the lamps? Could they not of maybe re-used the challenge rooms with things Sliske left for us with increasing reqs with each rewarding a lamp? Just seems wasteful to have an entirely empty citadel.

In response to #3  

Sliske has somewhat of a grudge against Icthlarin. Icthlarin is the god who originally brought the mahjarrat to Gielinor. While Sliske was fighting for Icthlarin he amassed a decent amount of wights, however Icthlarin used his power to remove the wights from Sliske and presumably send them to the underworld. Its mentioned in the Book of Sliske from emissaries

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

There seemed to be 1 podium per major god purposefully built for this event (on the basis we know Seren was baited and that Aramdyl wouldn't have an Armadyl podium in his throne room)

1) Why a Brassica prime podium? He is such a lowly god that he was allowed to stay through the edicts. Assuming of course it was a Brassica Prime podium beneath the cabbage.

2) Why a Guthix podium? Sliske killed Guthix himself, there was clearly no-one to use it.

3) Why Icthalarin for a podium and not other desert gods? Sure Het, Crondis, Ampken and Scarbas are lower than him but Amascut is his equal (though growing in power) and Tumeken is senior to the both of them.

4) Why did Jagex tease this early on as the quest that will answer if Sliske is a god if it failed to do that and purposefully had dialogue about dodging answering?!?!?!

5) The high lvl post-quest lamps. Seriously you leave the entire citadel open for us to roam around but make it utterly empty and just have death hand us the lamps? Could they not of maybe re-used the challenge rooms with things Sliske left for us with increasing reqs with each rewarding a lamp? Just seems wasteful to have an entirely empty citadel.

1. Because Sliske thinks that it's funny. He even put a regular cabbage on the podium as a joke.

2. He wanted to emphasize to the other gods that Guthix was dead, and that Sliske was the one who killed him. I.E. "I could kill you too"

3. The rest of the desert pantheon has little to do with the mahjarrat

4. They lied to us to lure us in, just like what Sliske did

5. I agree

• Like 1

In response to #3  

Sliske has somewhat of a grudge against Icthlarin. Icthlarin is the god who originally brought the mahjarrat to Gielinor. While Sliske was fighting for Icthlarin he amassed a decent amount of wights, however Icthlarin used his power to remove the wights from Sliske and presumably send them to the underworld. Its mentioned in the Book of Sliske from emissaries

That is a very good point, hadn't thought of it from that angle.

I guess I'm still mildly disappointed

Tumeken

doesn't get included when others with less lore to them or pure joke

Brassica and Marimbo

do, but it does make more sense from that angle.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm pretty happy with how that went. Especially Kril acknowledging me as one of his own, and saying, "Strength through chaos". I'll assume that the other gods' followers reacted similarly depending on your emissary alignment.

The stage is set for some very interesting things in the future. I just hope they're not based on the outcomes of world events anything like the first one. Maybe J learned from that experience, but probably not.

2dgucz6.png

I'm pretty happy with how that went. Especially Kril acknowledging me as one of his own, and saying, "Strength through chaos". I'll assume that the other gods' followers reacted similarly depending on your emissary alignment.

The stage is set for some very interesting things in the future. I just hope they're not based on the outcomes of world events anything like the first one. Maybe J learned from that experience, but probably not.

Yeah, Sliske was quite friendly to me cuz I chose to follow him

He called his emissary needy L

I liked how the emissary was there stuck on a tiny stone unable to move.

• Like 5

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I really liked this quest.

[hide]Since this is a sneak peak into what the next world event will be I think Seren will win that event by luring all the gods into the diamond shape that the crystal trees make (picture below). Then when all the gods (or at least most) are in there she will activate some laser grid system and shred all the gods to bits (including people, houses etc because all her people are safe and sound) and win! (Her pacifism was just to trick everyone into a false sense of security so she could make something like this). :D

Crystal_tree_map_diamond.png

[/hide]

• Like 2

howlin1eeveesig.png

I guess I missed that :/

Does anyone have a picture?

If anyone is aiming to get a picture:

When you are in the store room go out the back to the garden bit you should see an npc dot to the north in the middle of the air marking Relomia

Plv6Dz6.jpg

When you are in the store room go out the back to the garden bit you should see an npc dot to the north in the middle of the air marking Relomia

She can't be found there after the quest :/

howlin1eeveesig.png

He can't be found there after the quest :/

*She

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Well that quest was pretty damn good. Enjoyed it about as much as The World Wakes. Certainly better than that Dwarf quest from the other day anyway.

[hide]

Why did Sliske throw the key to us to unlock Death's cage? Did I miss something, or is that something likely to be explained later?

[/hide]

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Well that quest was pretty damn good. Enjoyed it about as much as The World Wakes. Certainly better than that Dwarf quest from the other day anyway.

[hide]

Why did Sliske throw the key to us to unlock Death's cage? Did I miss something, or is that something likely to be explained later?

[/hide]

[hide]

Yeah you have a moment where your character also asks, somewhat rhetorically, why he gave you the key.

I think it was one of his mind games, knowing that you're gonna be caught up in the middle of the future events. Besides, he didn't really have a need to keep Death locked up as it wouldn't have played out his plans[/hide]

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

having been aligned with armadyl it was nice to see the aviansie and arma see me as one of their one,though there seems to be a dispute between aviansie as to where arma is sure to be trusted or not.

at the end,when taking sides i chose to say that i would take the chance to become god myself,simply because it would be intresting to see that happening, but i asume that whatever you say the result is the same.If not,does it make a difference,do the gods react in a different manner?

chonchoso.png

Qc retrieved finally.

Not sure if it has been said, but Sliske's dialogue reminded me a lot of this wagon

HwXaxCC.jpg

• Like 7

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

spoilers:
[hide]

did anyone else (maybe only those who supported zaros at the end) notice that  a purple haze appeared above Zaros' podium after the "you feel a slight chill" message?

[/hide]

• Like 3

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Apparently Relomia's location in the citadel is randomised for each user, but she's always on a lone rock somewhere during the puzzle rooms.

Also I hear rumour the chaos ele hint about pming her refers to her having special dialogue via god banner (sliske faction of course) during the time she is stuck.

@above

Like several graphics in this quest Zaros presence seems buggy. I could see him from outside before I started the puzzle and during 2 of the window view cutscenes, but not the others. 

I think the intention is that it is a communication portal, akin to what is in Sennistein, through which Zaros can see what is going on hence the chill if you support him.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

spoilers:

[hide]

did anyone else (maybe only those who supported zaros at the end) notice that  a purple haze appeared above Zaros' podium after the "you feel a slight chill" message?

[/hide]

Showed up for me as well, and I supported Armadyl. The haze is actually there for a majority of that section of the quest

• Like 1

[hide]

[/hide]

[hide]

Isn't that what he promised to do if Icthlarin showed up? So he kept his promise. Bet you didn't expect that!

That Sliske. Always keeps you guessing.

[/hide]