Missing, Presumed Death

Nobody

missing_presumed_death_banner-15145649.j

Missing, Presumed Death

Sixth Age novice quest with additional high-level rewards - members only

Continue the story of the Sixth Age with Missing, Presumed Death. This quest is the first of an all-new series, featuring supernatural sleuthing; famous faces aplenty; scaled combat against the walking dead; full voice acting and a coffin-load of cool rewards suitable for all levels.

Missing, Presumed Death sets the scene for what will be one of the Sixth Age's core storylines. RuneScape lore fiends: you won't want to miss this!

At Death's Door

Icthlarin
Brother Samwell's led a cloistered life, and it could never have prepared him for this.

He's the sole survivor of a horrific massacre - his fellow Saradominist monks lying dead around him. To make matters worse, their souls are trapped in the mortal world, unable to pass into the afterlife.

You'll team up with Icthlarin - god of the Underworld - to get to the bottom of this macabre mystery, searching for clues and questioning witnesses to deduce what has happened here. Who killed these defenceless monks? Why did they leave one alive? Where is Death, who should be freeing these souls from their fetters? And why does it feel like this is the start of something greater and more terrifying than the world has ever seen? icthlarin-15102050.png

Your Adventure

You'll travel far from the green grass of Gielinor, encountering allies and enemies - gods and mortals alike. While the quest has no entry requirements, quests that you have completed may feature, as will your actions during the Battle of Lumbridge, your choice of god emissary, and more.

We heartily recommend that you play Missing, Presumed Death right away. You won't miss any rewards or core content by doing so, and you'll enjoy an experience that's truly authentic to your character. Your past feats will be reflected and acknowledged throughout the quest's course, so more than any content before, this will be your adventure.

You'll explore a spectacular new area and face challenges of mind and body: solving riddles, traversing obstacles, and battling the walking dead. Combat scales to your level, so be sure to come equipped to fight. All of this is framed with lush new graphics, a magnificent musical score and full voice acting.

You Can Take It With You

Rewards include Combat, Agility and Prayer XP lamps geared towards low to mid-level players, new death animations, some unusual cosmetic headgear and the Book of the Underworld, which contains all-new lore concerning Gielinor's afterlife.

You'll also receive an item which can return you to the new area, where you can claim high-level rewards and access post-quest content. These include hearty XP lamps for players of level 75 and above in Constitution, Thievery and a skill of your choice. There are also consumable items to help you blitz through Barrows runs in record time.

Enjoy!

Missing, Presumed Death is the start of a story that will lie at the very core of the Sixth Age. Play it, enjoy it, and set the stage for RuneScape's future!

Mod Ollie and the RuneScape Team

How to start Missing, Presumed Death:

Speak to Brother Samwell at the crime scene west of Paterdomus Temple. Head north-east from Varrock to get there.

Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member.
There are no other requirements, although additional post-quest content is available with the following levels:
A skill of your choice above 75
75 Constitution
75 Thievery

Take a tour of Missing, Presumed Death with Mod Ollie in our recent Behind the Scenes video:

Missing, Presumed Dead Medley

To help you experience the music of Missing, Presumed Death outside of the game, we've updated our SoundCloud website with a medley of songs from the quest:
https://soundcloud.com/runescapesoundtrack/missing-presumed-death-medley

In Other News

From today, the black iron ring and jewelled black iron ring are no longer available on the Squeal of Fortune. The rings will remain in-game for two weeks, after which they will disappear, so be sure to use up your charges before then. Alternatively, you can right-click and select the 'shatter' option to instantly claim 50% of an unused ring's average potential XP, destroying it in the process.
Showcase costumes from one of our talented artists - Mod Ante - are on Solomon's General Store now. Head to the store to pick up the Deathless Regent and Ravenskull outfits, and read more about them here.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]
Graphical:

Food eaten in Daemonheim now plays the correct eating animation.
A minor graphical issue with Draynor guards has been fixed.
Heroic crits and hitsparks now display correctly.
Players no longer see themselves holding a steel sword when quitting the Battle for Lumbridge final cutscene.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:

Barbarian Assault now consistently requires the player to have a hammer in their inventory for the related tasks, as the toolbelt is disabled during the minigame.
The overhead icon from the Flash Powder Factory is now consistently removed upon exiting the arena.
An issue with the Fight Cauldron that caused permanent screen shaking has been resolved.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:

Some camera issues during the Salt in the Wound quest have been fixed.
The Rum Deal quest requirements have been corrected.
The daily challenge 'Chop elder logs: 30' now correctly completes after chopping 30 logs.

Other:

Warpriest armour is now maximum tier 2 for non-members, and will be switched out when a player logs into a free world or when trying to equip tier 3. It will also no longer protect on death, giving a certain amount of coins if dropped in PvP situations.
Chaos giants no longer count as fire giants for Slayer tasks.
The blocking around the Palace doors in Keldagrim has been corrected.
The Smuggler inside Daemonheim dungeons will no longer spawn on top of Dungeoneering keys.
Juju potions and herbs now give XP again when made/cleaned.
The enhanced yaktwee stick once again gives bonus Hunter XP.
A spelling mistake with elder trees has been corrected.
Player chat statuses are now correctly updated on login after sending a private message from the lobby.
Players are now prevented from cashing in excessive amounts of rune dust to a harvested runesphere in the Runespan.
Elf warrior and ranger defend and death audio is no long high-pitched and squeaky.
A minor grammatical error when placing warpriest armours in the POH Armour case has been corrected.
Players can now reclaim baby aquanites from a pet store if lost due to losing membership.
An issue with the invite to clan button not working under certain conditions has been fixed.
The Challenge system interface now updates the progress bar whilst players have the main Adventure interface open.
The rejoin party option has been removed from the Dungeoneering party interface, as players automatically rejoin their party on login.
Bogrog's exchange rates have been updated to give players the correct amount of spirit shards when trading in phoenix pouches.
Quick-chat options now appear over the chatbox on split private mode while using quick-chat.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

-Chaos giants no longer count as fire giants for Slayer tasks.

So do they have a point now even?

-The Smuggler inside Daemonheim dungeons will no longer spawn on top of Dungeoneering keys.

About damn time

-The enhanced yaktwee stick once again gives bonus Hunter XP.

Hooray

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

If that barrow amulet allows me to skip Akrisae and still count him as killed, I am sold.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

The Smuggler inside Daemonheim dungeons will no longer spawn on top of Dungeoneering keys.

If this was the only update I would still consider this a great week.

Will edit in later if I like the quest.

EDIT

Waiting until I get 75 div to finish the quest so I can use the 30 k xp lamp on it.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

[spoiler=SPOILERS]

gjo.gif

Combat wasn't really all that tough.  Pretty much called what would happen though when they announced the 6th Age was starting.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

This is a real example of good and plentiful dialogue. I'm very pleased that there's additional options if you have done more quests (TWW being one, Temple at Senntisten also, some others). The puzzles and combat are good for novice-level quests, the voice acting is nice (I still find it a bit annoying, but that's not RS-related). Sliske's voice is rather good.

Overall, this is a better quest than BotD, and a pretty/very good quest overall. That also has to do with it being sold as a novice quest, meaning it's length isn't a real issue. Even if you're not into quests, I would do this one right now, just to get the 'twist' at the end for yourself ;).

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

[hide]

A perfect "Oh no you didn't just do what I think you did, did you?" moment...

[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Is sliske suppose to have half of his body through the stage? lmao.

No, I'm pretty sure the floor is glitched, it should be a metre higher or so.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Beautifully done quest, great to play through, especially with the many "oh crap" moments

[hide]Guess that twist is supposed to set the stage for the next few world events. Also surprised that no one decided to open fire on Brassica Prime immediately, was partially expecting him to go.

E: Never mind, it was probably just a normal cabbage.[/hide]

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So I finished the quest...what was the big twist supposed to be?

All seemed rather predictable to me I did have a couple of minor gripes though:

There seemed to be 1 podium per major god purposefully built for this event (on the basis we know Seren was baited and that Aramdyl wouldn't have an Armadyl podium in his throne room)

Therefore I am curious on a few matters:

1) Why a Brassica prime podium? He is such a lowly god that he was allowed to stay through the edicts. Assuming of course it was a Brassica Prime podium beneath the cabbage.

2) Why a Guthix podium? Sliske killed Guthix himself, there was clearly no-one to use it.

3) Why Icthalarin for a podium and not other desert gods? Sure Het, Crondis, Ampken and Scarbas are lower than him but Amascut is his equal (though growing in power) and Tumeken is senior to the both of them.

4) Why did Jagex tease this early on as the quest that will answer if Sliske is a god if it failed to do that and purposefully had dialogue about dodging answering?!?!?!

5) The high lvl post-quest lamps. Seriously you leave the entire citadel open for us to roam around but make it utterly empty and just have death hand us the lamps? Could they not of maybe re-used the challenge rooms with things Sliske left for us with increasing reqs with each rewarding a lamp? Just seems wasteful to have an entirely empty citadel.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There seemed to be 1 podium per major god purposefully built for this event (on the basis we know Seren was baited and that Aramdyl wouldn't have an Armadyl podium in his throne room)

1) Why a Brassica prime podium? He is such a lowly god that he was allowed to stay through the edicts. Assuming of course it was a Brassica Prime podium beneath the cabbage.

2) Why a Guthix podium? Sliske killed Guthix himself, there was clearly no-one to use it.

3) Why Icthalarin for a podium and not other desert gods? Sure Het, Crondis, Ampken and Scarbas are lower than him but Amascut is his equal (though growing in power) and Tumeken is senior to the both of them.

4) Why did Jagex tease this early on as the quest that will answer if Sliske is a god if it failed to do that and purposefully had dialogue about dodging answering?!?!?!

[hide]Sliske probably set up the podiums himself. If you had taken the time to examine the Guthix podium you might have guessed at that; the podiums were only for the gods he wanted to bring in.

Dunno why there was a Brassica Prime podium though. Maybe Sliske just put it there to annoy the rest.[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

[hide]Sliske probably set up the podiums himself. If you had taken the time to examine the Guthix podium you might have guessed at that; the podiums were only for the gods he wanted to bring in.

Dunno why there was a Brassica Prime podium though. Maybe Sliske just put it there to annoy the rest.[/hide]

I did examine them, it still seemed a bit pointless to have it there though since Sliske obviously planned his route via killing Guthix.

Especially given the slightly odd issues with other gods, I mean could've taken that and Brassica Prime out and maintained the symmetry of the room or they could've swapped them for other more major gods even if empty (eg Tumeken).

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

5) The high lvl post-quest lamps. Seriously you leave the entire citadel open for us to roam around but make it utterly empty and just have death hand us the lamps? Could they not of maybe re-used the challenge rooms with things Sliske left for us with increasing reqs with each rewarding a lamp? Just seems wasteful to have an entirely empty citadel.

[hide]1) Probably a joke, the masks in the first room say 'you're almost there, you're probably using a guide!' as well.

2) Remembrance. It's quite a famous tradition, to leave a chair open for a deceased important person (which Guthix does fall into, doesn't he?).

3) I'm guessing that Icthlarin is considered more important to the business of the world as a whole, Tumeken is more of a desert-only god, who's also too weak to be of importance (so is Icthlarin, but the connection with Death is important).

4) Well that's the whole fun of it :D.

5) Agreed that it'd have been fun to have more puzzles, but Sliske chose to clear the area after he was done. He's not really the fixed-location kind of guy anyway.[/hide]

Really enjoyed that quest, very well done and the storyline was brilliant. It makes up for the poor effort with the Dwarf finale.

[hide]My only complaint was Armadyl. I'm not a follower but I really expected something a bit more impressive, especially his voice. I expect he will be one of the first Gods to go, if indeed the Gods decide to listen to Sliske[/hide]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Icthlarin at times kinda sounds like Darth Vader. I like it.

Brilliant quest so far.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

So the barrows amulet has 30 uses (3 per run) it doesn't seem that you can recharge it in anyway so i guess i'll just power through barrows with it.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

I should probably add that I did really enjoy the quest despite finding the twist blindingly obvious and having the few minor gripes listed. Set up a nice foundation for the coming days.

I suspect this will very much feed in to world event 2, also dialogue when claiming the barrows token things seems to reference deluxe barrows coming soon.

I am curious on if we only ever get 30 of these tokens since we don't seem to be able to claim more or anything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So the barrows amulet has 30 uses (3 per run) it doesn't seem that you can recharge it in anyway so i guess i'll just power through barrows with it.

According to a Jmod (forget which one) you'll be able to get them from future Barrows content but yes, currently there is no way to get more charges.

Edit:

jpSo5Jm.png

• Like 1

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Its weird how they are not consistent with the quest title. In one of the bts vids mod mark called it missing, presumed dead. Also in today's newspost the music medley is also labelled as such. Yet the official name is now missing, presumed death.  :huh:

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis