Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Power to the Players - New Poll System.

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Can someone post a picture of the recoloration areas of the cursed reaver and blessed sentinel outfits?

Edit: I just saw it was only the wing joints and cloth for the reaver. I am tempted to buy the set so I can finally have my scythe (I just missed the holloween scythe and I've wanted it ever since).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
I just bought the cursed reaver set. What is the scythe override for? It just says 'weapon' and won't override a staff. I'm guessing just swords?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander

maul. so halberds, c.maul, gadderhammer, granite maul, balmung etc. I also bought it for the scythe, plus it looks nice on a female avatar. (a bit baggy on male)

Popoto.~<3

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Just out of interest as I have no idea, but what content has Mod Timbo worked on?

Anything that has Rune Platebodies as a drop

The bit about Mod Timbo is absolutely hilarious. I guess we know now that Mod Osbourne can't be trusted.

Or he may be as naive as Guthix :P
Trusting the man with his life? Next thing you know Mod Osbourne will be dead because the Elf city's post-quest loot includes a cache of Rune Platebodies.

The strange thing is, in the Q&A they basically said the idea of ductaping things together to make the t90 2handers was scrapped too.

Not only the ductaping was scrapped. The whole t90 2h from inventor was scrapped :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
Oh ok then I might just go around rocking my cmaul with it then. So much for enjoying my obliteration override for a while.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

brad1431
[ Display Name History ]

brad1431

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,183 posts
  • RSN:thegame1431

only noobs would want elf city, it doesnt have anything that is better than current exp rates, and is just a waste.  Dont see how anyone would want a new city, when 75% of current cities are useless when they could have a new skill.....

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

only noobs would want elf city, it doesnt have anything that is better than current exp rates, and is just a waste. Dont see how anyone would want a new city, when 75% of current cities are useless when they could have a new skill.....

Training areas and points of interest havent even been fleshed out let alone confirmed. Besides all you are doing is grossly generalizing... 75%, really? Even entertaining your general statistic a 25% success rate is worthwhile especially for who the city will mainly be geared for.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

ACK
[ Display Name History ]

ACK

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 194 posts

I know it's up to you to choose..

but why mostly choosing city over a skill?

the skill is bringing more features to the game, that's more fun..

Elf City can wait, after the skill...

been waiting for skill and the features, and now Elf City is leading/winning? so the skill is coming next year 2015 or maybe 2016 if included in another poll, maybe never?

i even want the skill before July/August..

EDIT: i would accept only if Jagex release the skill after 1-2 months the Elf City.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

the city will bring a long-awaited piece of content to the game, that's more fun..
the skill can wait, after the Elf City...
been waiting for the City for 5 to 9 years, and now Elf City is leading/winning. so the skill will coming probably next year, or even as early as late 2014, it won't get shelved

i even want the city before 2007...

ftfy :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

the skill is bringing more features to the game, that's more fun..
Elf City can wait, after the skill...
been waiting for skill and the features, and now Elf City is leading/winning? so the skill is coming next year 2015 or maybe 2016 if included in another poll, maybe never?

i even want the skill before July/August..

EDIT: i would accept only if Jagex release the skill after 1-2 months the Elf City.

The city has been discussed and mulled over for 8 years as someone has said earlier. That is long enough to hype every remote veteran/dedicated player of runescape. On top of that there have been so many potentially good suggestions for the end results its immensely tantilizing. Frankly with the potential of inventor had this skill waited as long at the elf city it would have been an even closer match.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Grand Lord Dan
[ Display Name History ]

Grand Lord Dan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RSN:DJ Dan-3

Is it bad I will likely only be voting for the Elf city not because I'm hyped for it (I'm not really caring at all for it specifically (Just the quest that follows)), but because I just really don't want another skill?  If they actually make it not a nightmare to raise, maybe I'd be fine with it, but their track record isn't too good as of late...

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
The thing about this poll is: they haven't even moved past the most general concepting for these updates, so we basically don't even know what we're choosing. If the elf city has something awesome like a teaming area for Dungeoneering right next to a GE, Ports portal and ten herb patches (no reason why it'd have this, but say), then yes, I want the city. On the other hand, if it's going to feature lots of t70 equipment that degrades to crystal seeds, and 100k fishing (or woodcutting, mining etc.) xp/h (afk), then screw it. I think the best reaction is to simply ignore the whole vote, but okay.

It's a bit like a political party asking: "Do you want freedom or dignity?" without specifying what that means for policy.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts

The thing about this poll is: they haven't even moved past the most general concepting for these updates, so we basically don't even know what we're choosing. If the elf city has something awesome like a teaming area for Dungeoneering right next to a GE, Ports portal and ten herb patches (no reason why it'd have this, but say), then yes, I want the city. On the other hand, if it's going to feature lots of t70 equipment that degrades to crystal seeds, and 100k fishing (or woodcutting, mining etc.) xp/h (afk), then screw it. I think the best reaction is to simply ignore the whole vote, but okay.

It's a bit like a political party asking: "Do you want freedom or dignity?" without specifying what that means for policy.

And finally someone hitd the nail on the head tge right way! That's the issue... the pretty much had mod mark scripted for every single inventor skill video briefing for the public from runefest, january bts and even up to bts 86. The elf city could easily win this poll without its 8 year tenure. Just using how much jmod talk has been thrown about over the elf city/finale potential concept it would win.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Revenants most definetly are not ghosts.

Old minigames don't need reworking, we need a new one!

Puppetmod Pi, keeping the PVP crowd warm with lies and slander.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

The city has been discussed and mulled over for 8 years as someone has said earlier. That is long enough to hype every remote veteran/dedicated player of runescape. On top of that there have been so many potentially good suggestions for the end results its immensely tantilizing. Frankly with the potential of inventor had this skill waited as long at the elf city it would have been an even closer match.

On the other hand, most of those eight years were spent with them telling us that they had no plans to even start considering the elf finale. That much hype doesn't necessarily mean a good update, especially when their recent track record for long-awaited updates has been... Fairly poor.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

The only good thing here is we know they have at least a vague concept of a story for the elf city and some good concept art and a clearly mapped area for it to be in with a predveloped theme; plus with 8 years of speculation and desire there is a treasure trove of good ideas to pull from.

Where as invention they have 'machines and things powered by divine energy that can level up as you use em' that literally seems to be all they have. Even the concept art is defunct since they scrapped t90 2h entirely from the skill along with the idea of sticking existing items together.

Voting for invention is really quite a blind hope of something good based on the name being alright, voting for elf city is a desperate hope Jagex can for once not ruin the hype and few strands of info we have been given/seen.

This vote would've been better if they had good solid concepts with some art and maybe some storyboards and such and could link us to essentially their internal design document with the concept stuff so we could have a good read (for those that really care) and see what we are exactly voting for to go in to dev, instead we are voting for vague abstract concepts that have little on paper beyond a name.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

That's kind of painful now you mention that :c

Now it's meaningless ;_;

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

These polls are stupid and people's choices piss me off.

How the hell could you vote for the elf city when we have the most worthless skill since hunter sitting out there waiting for a new skill to use all these divine energies?

Did you train divination for that oh so special free dungeoneering skill door opener?

Jesus if you vote for elf land then it could be 2015 before Clownex even touches invention.

Face facts nobody really cares about elfs. This isn't WOW.

You see the elf city then what?

I'll tell you want, it transforms into there seren god thing when threatened and that's it.

Wow fantastic, you voted for another world event over a skill....

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

How the hell could you vote for the elf city when we have the most worthless skill since hunter sitting out there waiting for a new skill to use all these divine energies?

Did you train divination for that oh so special free dungeoneering skill door opener?

Jesus if you vote for elf land then it could be 2015 before Clownex even touches invention.

I'll tell you want, it transforms into there seren god thing when threatened and that's it.

Tell us how you really feel. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Nobody cares about the elves so much so that more people voted for them...dat rage logic.

You voted for another skill then what?

I'll tell you what you max it, complain about it being useless and boring and never use it again until it becomes the central pillar for a world event.

Well done you also just voted for another world event over the elf city.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users