Power to the Players - New Poll System.

Ambler

Our balancer, Mod Timbo, will make sure that the skill xp/hour rates will be suitable for the exclusivity of the area. I would trust the man with my life.

Ooooo Eemmmm Geeee

That is going to fail hard >.>

• Like 9

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

6jOtl.jpg

That image.. literally makes Invention look like the biggest sack of shit. Virtus, Seismic and Ganodermic Wands stuck atop an Arma Bstaff like a goddamn candelabra. Seriously, this is the idea behind the new skill?

The surrounding artwork looks Dwemer like too. Praying that the Elf City wins, not just because it's so overdue, but from what we've heard/read/seen of Invention, it looks dreadful.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Our balancer, Mod Timbo, will make sure that the skill xp/hour rates will be suitable for the exclusivity of the area. I would trust the man with my life.

Ooooo Eemmmm Geeee

That is going to fail hard >.>

Why do they still try and use mod timbo as a source for credibility and good work?

His historic work has resulted in numerous horrible drop tables and stupid xp rates that have had to be tweaked.

I feel kinda bad for saying it but as jmods go he is just awful at his job and should be moved elsewhere; half the issues we have with content is they are not balanced well and do not compete at all in the metagame, which given its now 2014 and metagaming rules the roost cause everyone and their mum can google guides and likes the idea of doing at least close to the best. Balancing things based on being more 'fun' alternatives does not justify an appalling xp rate; heck even today on twitter Timbo was surprised when ores logs alchables etc did not come up is his poll of 'favourite non-unique monster drops'. Of course they didn't! They are next to worthless junk because everything drops them and usually they end up with quite big stacks of them after your shody balancing of drop tables gets fixed to make them actually valuable.

Of course there could be other factors at play but they always make a big deal of Timbo balancing stuff and being the balancing guy and time after time we have major issues with things being ruined through bad xp rates, crud drops or excessive costs - things which balancing is directly responsible for mostly.

• Like 5

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

6jOtl.jpg

That image.. literally makes Invention look like the biggest sack of shit. Virtus, Seismic and Ganodermic Wands stuck atop an Arma Bstaff like a goddamn candelabra. Seriously, this is the idea behind the new skill?

The surrounding artwork looks Dwemer like too. Praying that the Elf City wins, not just because it's so overdue, but from what we've heard/read/seen of Invention, it looks dreadful.

The strange thing is, in the Q&A they basically said the idea of ductaping things together to make the t90 2handers was scrapped too.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

6jOtl.jpg

The strange thing is, in the Q&A they basically said the idea of ductaping things together to make the t90 2handers was scrapped too.

Oh thank god for that, best news of the year so far.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Why do they still try and use mod timbo as a source for credibility and good work?

His historic work has resulted in numerous horrible drop tables and stupid xp rates that have had to be tweaked.

I feel kinda bad for saying it but as jmods go he is just awful at his job and should be moved elsewhere; half the issues we have with content is they are not balanced well and do not compete at all in the metagame, which given its now 2014 and metagaming rules the roost cause everyone and their mum can google guides and likes the idea of doing at least close to the best. Balancing things based on being more 'fun' alternatives does not justify an appalling xp rate; heck even today on twitter Timbo was surprised when ores logs alchables etc did not come up is his poll of 'favourite non-unique monster drops'. Of course they didn't! They are next to worthless junk because everything drops them and usually they end up with quite big stacks of them after your shody balancing of drop tables gets fixed to make them actually valuable.

Of course there could be other factors at play but they always make a big deal of Timbo balancing stuff and being the balancing guy and time after time we have major issues with things being ruined through bad xp rates, crud drops or excessive costs - things which balancing is directly responsible for mostly.

Just out of interest as I have no idea, but what content has Mod Timbo worked on?

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Mod Timbo is the balancing guy basically he seems to work on pretty much every update to do the balancing for drop tables, xp rates, costs etc. Hence why he always answers the balancing questions in FAQs and they always tout him making sure things are balanced in such QAs.

There could be others doing it, but as far as their PR goes Timbo seems to be on everything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

These categories are completely made up. No rebalance for black demons? What about icefiends, what about banshees, what about cave crawlers, what about pretty much every other slayer creature? That's ignoring the possibility that some monsters maybe shouldn't have good drops... seriously.

You could probably argue that the monsters they're targeting for rebalance still have better drops than most of the others in the game... If only because the bar is set so low (Whips are 88k? Most monsters would kill for such an expensive prize!) :-P

@Sy: We can conclude that Timbo isn't very good at balancing.

@Alg: Probably... what about the loot for hellhounds? But really, I've never minded that hellhounds don't drop anything - if they're good slayer xp (which they were, in the resource dungeon), it's quite relaxing to not have to pick up loot all the time.

Besides that, combat keeps getting buffs, skilling keeps being useless.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The bit about Mod Timbo is absolutely hilarious. I guess we know now that Mod Osbourne can't be trusted.

I am dreading next weeks poll. About them ssking if we want a reduced amount of game worlds. I see this as Jagex noticing a decline in players and them taking offline some game worlds to save money.

All this will do is make monsters, bosses, skill training areas overcrowded with people being rude and crashing each other.

And where will they be crashing exactly? Every boss worth doing has its own instance and skilling resources are also instanced to the player.

Welcome to 2014.

Actually no. Some of the instances are ridiculously expensive, such as the Vorago instance, which costs 1M/hour. I don't know of a single person that uses it. 

Can someone post a picture of the recoloration areas of the cursed reaver and blessed sentinel outfits?

Edit: I just saw it was only the wing joints and cloth for the reaver. I am tempted to buy the set so I can finally have my scythe (I just missed the holloween scythe and I've wanted it ever since).

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I just bought the cursed reaver set. What is the scythe override for? It just says 'weapon' and won't override a staff. I'm guessing just swords?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just out of interest as I have no idea, but what content has Mod Timbo worked on?

Anything that has Rune Platebodies as a drop

The bit about Mod Timbo is absolutely hilarious. I guess we know now that Mod Osbourne can't be trusted.

Or he may be as naive as Guthix :P

Trusting the man with his life? Next thing you know Mod Osbourne will be dead because the Elf city's post-quest loot includes a cache of Rune Platebodies.

Not only the ductaping was scrapped. The whole t90 2h from inventor was scrapped :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

only noobs would want elf city, it doesnt have anything that is better than current exp rates, and is just a waste. Dont see how anyone would want a new city, when 75% of current cities are useless when they could have a new skill.....

Training areas and points of interest havent even been fleshed out let alone confirmed. Besides all you are doing is grossly generalizing... 75%, really? Even entertaining your general statistic a 25% success rate is worthwhile especially for who the city will mainly be geared for.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I know it's up to you to choose..

but why mostly choosing city over a skill?

the skill is bringing more features to the game, that's more fun..

Elf City can wait, after the skill...

been waiting for skill and the features, and now Elf City is leading/winning? so the skill is coming next year 2015 or maybe 2016 if included in another poll, maybe never?

i even want the skill before July/August..

EDIT: i would accept only if Jagex release the skill after 1-2 months the Elf City.

the city will bring a long-awaited piece of content to the game, that's more fun..

the skill can wait, after the Elf City...

been waiting for the City for 5 to 9 years, and now Elf City is leading/winning. so the skill will coming probably next year, or even as early as late 2014, it won't get shelved

i even want the city before 2007...

ftfy :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

the skill is bringing more features to the game, that's more fun..

Elf City can wait, after the skill...

been waiting for skill and the features, and now Elf City is leading/winning? so the skill is coming next year 2015 or maybe 2016 if included in another poll, maybe never?

i even want the skill before July/August..

EDIT: i would accept only if Jagex release the skill after 1-2 months the Elf City.

The city has been discussed and mulled over for 8 years as someone has said earlier. That is long enough to hype every remote veteran/dedicated player of runescape. On top of that there have been so many potentially good suggestions for the end results its immensely tantilizing. Frankly with the potential of inventor had this skill waited as long at the elf city it would have been an even closer match.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png