Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

Further player owned ports polling options:

Skills for Ports

Diamond

You told us you wanted the next Ports update to 'Keep Expanding'. Which three level 90 skills should be required to access their adventurers and the ports itself? Dungeoneering would also require level 90. This would not affect the rewards. Top three answers win.

Top three options win

Agility

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Agility adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Agility to access the ports

Crafting

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Crafting adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Crafting to access the ports

Divination

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Divination adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Divination to access the ports

Dungeoneering

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Dungeoneering adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Dungeoneering to access the ports

Farming

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Farming adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Farming to access the ports

Firemaking

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Firemaking adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Firemaking to access the ports

Fletching

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Fletching adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Fletching to access the ports

Mining

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Mining adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Mining to access the ports

Smithing

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Smithing adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Smithing to access the ports

Summoning

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Summoning adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Summoning to access the ports

Woodcutting

Choose this option if you want a level 90 Woodcutting adventurer, allowing players with level 90 Woodcutting to access the ports

I don't play Ports

Choose this option if you choose to not play Player-owned Ports, or cannot play ports and have no opinion on the vote.

I don't mind

Choose this option if you do not mind which of the above options gets chosen.

Poll ETA: Tuesday 16th September

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This could be fun.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course my ships are supposed to be on fire!  More fm xps muhahaha!"

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I'm also in the 'don't care' camp when it comes to the next three adventurers.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

might as well vote for slow skills for the 25k missions/meg lamps

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Does Meg give lamps for hunter/cooking/construction? I honestly haven't noticed.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Does Meg give lamps for hunter/cooking/construction? I honestly haven't noticed.
Meg gives lamps for all adventurer skills. She used to give a wrong one for the Biologist because they called her something different in planning and didn't change it for a month+ after release.

The xp missions would be nice, especially if there's nothing else to do. 35k in agility? Sounds good

Meg gives lamps for all adventurer skills. She used to give a wrong one for the Biologist because they called her something different in planning and didn't change it for a month+ after release.

The xp missions would be nice, especially if there's nothing else to do. 35k in agility? Sounds good

Yeah, I just wasn't sure they updated her to add the new skills.

Pretty sure she gave Hunter instead of Herblore for, like, ever, yep.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Ports expansion narrative:

So, in the recent poll 'What’s next for Ports?', the winning option was to keep expanding, but what does that actually mean?

To me, in terms of content, these things are a given: new adventurers, resources, upgrades (ideally ship and buildings), a random event (hopefully), trade goods and rewards for you to make with them. These are all going to be a part of the update (or at least as many as we have time to include).

What I'm more interested in right now is to know what expansion means to you in terms of Ports' STORY...

The immediate assumption is that we would just add more island groups beyond The Shield, which would lead to even longer voyages. And while that is one option, it doesn’t HAVE to be this. Instead of expanding further and further due east, we could instead expand laterally. This could widen the scope of Ports a little and hopefully add a bit more variety to proceedings.

Some of the ideas for areas to expand into are noted below. Let us know what you think of them – whether you’re passionate that the Ports remains exclusivly in the Eastern Lands, or whether other directions interest you. Also, if you have completely new ideas, tell us those too! We can’t guarantee how we’ll decide this, but we’d like popular opinion to dictate this, either in this forum or in a future player poll.

1) Beyond The Shield – Okay, so maybe there are some really, really far out islands beyond even The Shield. They’re going to take a looooong time to reach (20+ hour voyages!), and they’ll fit in with the current structure of the existing island groupings. We may have to invent a new navy rank above Admiral of the Fleet.

2) Uncharted Eastern Land Waters – Throughout the current island groupings are many secrets: ghost ships, treasure islands, maelstroms to alternate worlds, mermaid kingdoms (and, as recounted by Hubbub, surprisingly homely whale bellies). These could be discovered by sending out special voyages to obtain clues/treasure maps (like scrolls) and, once found, you could send a voyage to them to obtain new resources/trade goods, and potentially also unique rewards (e.g. ghost pirate captains, mermaid crew, whale spit, buried treasure, and the gods know what else). These would tend to be located slightly south of the current Eastern Lands map.

3) Ascheron, Ho! – If you don’t feel that Ports HAS to just be about the Eastern Lands, there’s no reason we couldn’t let you send your ships in other compass directions to explore new lands. Why not north into the Arctic regions of Gielinor? This would allow us to explore other cultures. Imagine discovering more about the polar bears, penguins, seals and walruses, or maybe just viewing the Fremennik from a seafaring angle. Rewards might include titles like “Comrade”. This would perhaps slightly parody ports as it is, though its rewards would be as useful as anything from the Eastern Lands.

4) Inward Bound – Or if not north, how about exploring inwards? Gielinor already has plenty of islands that you can actually visit (e.g. Karamja, Ape Atoll, Ashdale) and some only spoken of in hushed tones (e.g. Fossil Island). As with all options in Ports, you wouldn’t get to physically visit these places, but you might find out more about them, and from a different perspective.

5) PIRATES! – Okay, so it’s not the PvP update, but that doesn’t stop us theming an expansion of ports around pirates and privateering. In such an expansion, we’d explore the pirate islands to the north east – from known locations like Port Phasmatys, Harmony Island and Mos Le'Harmless further out to barrier reefs, zombie pirate forts and Rabid Jack’s fleet. Smuggle ‘rum’, fend off pirate zombies, wear jaunty hats to thwart Baron von Hattenkrapper and beware the dreaded Albatross!

NONE of these narrative ideas would stop us from letting you actually visit these places in future updates. Ports just offers a different perspective on them. In fact, the opposite is true – places visited in Ports are more likely to be added to the game as places you can actually visit, as being able to find out about them within Ports drums up players’ interest in them. So don’t be put off an idea because you think that means you’ll then never get to visit it in quests or other content.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Skillcape rework poll:

Skillcape Rework: Poll 2!

Diamond

Earlier in the year, we polled a skillcape rework, which passed. We'd now like your input again to determine the look of the new skillcapes. For more detailed views of the new example skillcape compared to its older counterpart, please check out the forum thread.

Highest total wins!

Tidy up the cape

This option will just involve remodeling the skillcapes to remove clipping and other issues. The capes will still use the same skill icons.

qmSABNm.jpg

x6RJafI.jpg

Use new skill icons

This option will involve remodeling the skillcapes to remove clipping and other issues as in option 1, as well as using the new skill icons.

qmSABNm.jpg

2C9U1b4.jpg

I don't mind
Choose this option if you do not mind how the skillcapes are reworked.

Poll ETA: Tuesday 30th September

Can someone fix the images? Thanks!

Edited by Arceus
Fixed images as per request

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Kind of thought the rework would be a bit more extensive than just reworking the icons...

Its going to be its just one aspect their polling. I think they are polling it to see if players desire a more traditional and robust icon or a more detailed and vivid icon.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Personally, I think the second pair look cooler, particularly with that Slayer icon.  Some of the older icons for other skills look nicer though..

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I sincerely hope this polls 'tidy up and remove clipping issues' isn't the extent of the "rework" and that this does just pertain to the icons with further polls to follow because i voted for a skill cape REWORK not a skillcape tidy up of clipping issues, but ultimately still the same.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue