Free players and member
Revolution has arrived, hot off the combat beta servers, along with an arsenal of other combat tweaks and improvements!
This new selectable combat mode - activated via the Combat Settings tab in the Powers interface - automates basic ability use while activating thresholds and ultimates manually, giving ease of use without compromising on tactical flexibility.
We've also improved Momentum, allowed you to queue abilities on cooldown, and made a bunch of other much-requested combat tweaks, all detailed below.
Read on for more information, or log in and give it a go!Three Ways to Slay
Rather than periodically selecting an ability to change the way you fight (as you used to with Momentum) there are now three persistent, freely switchable combat modes from which to choose.
Bring up the Powers interface and select the new Combat Settings tab. On the left, you'll see a section entitled 'Select Combat Mode', containing the following three choices:
- Full Manual: This is the standard combat mode that you'll already be used to. All abilities must be activated manually via the action bar or hotkeys. This mode is selected by default.
- Revolution: When Revolution is selected, any basic abilities on your action bar in slots 1-9 will be automatically activated, in order of priority, as soon as they're off cooldown. Thresholds and ultimates must be activated manually. Note that any manual ability selection will take priority over the automated basics.
- Momentum: No longer an activated ability, Momentum is now a persistent combat mode in its own right. It no longer automates ability use, but auto-attack damage is greatly increased. It still builds up adrenaline, and you can use ultimates without breaking the effect.
To complement this, we've also introduced ability queuing. This allows you to select an ability during cooldown which will be activated as soon as it's available, helping to make your manual ability use smoother and more efficient. This can be toggled on and off in the Combat Settings interface.
We've also given you the option to fill out your action bar with preset ability setups. Simply click the cog icon at the top-right of your action bar and it'll be filled with abilities suited to your currently equipped weapon type and combat style.
Finally, following your feedback, we've removed the cooldown applied when changing weapons, and switched the names of the Ancient spells back to their pre-EoC names.Thanks for your Feedback!
Today's combat update is the result of your feedback and your help on the beta servers. Huge thanks to everyone who's taken part, and be sure to let us know your thoughts on the forums.
The RuneScape TeamIn Other News
- We've had to delay the release of the One of a Kind quest by two weeks, meaning that it won't be out this month as promised. Apologies for this - we know many of you are eager to play 2014's first quest. Take a look at this forum post by Mod Pips for more information, and look forward to a lore-filled March!
- The handy new wicked pouch is available on Solomon's General Store now. See this news post for full details!
- A barrel in Taverley that is needed for Treasure Trails has been added back to the game.
- Various Dungeoneering interfaces have been updated to match the New Interface System design.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
- Win points are now rewarded for games that last for at least 5 minutes in the Heist minigame.
- The Heist reward interface has been corrected so that you are no longer have to have more points than necessary to purchase a perk.
- The false accusation count in Heist has been reduced from 5 to 3.
- Robbers in the Heist minigame can no longer be caught when climbing out of the water.
- Guards will now have a fade in at the start of the Heist minigame and their minimap will be blocked to allow the Robbers a chance to disguise themselves.
- Guards can only help other guards out of internal affairs once per game in the Heist minigame.
- During the Heist minigame, robbers can no longer stand still with immunity when handcuffed.
- Players can no longer benefit from the Og'glog pools when playing the Heist minigame.
- The lobby timer in the Heist minigame has been increased slightly to allow players some time to join the team before a game starts
- NPCs within the Heist minigame can now walk through players.
- The cooldown on the devotion ability is now 90 seconds.
- The protection boost offered by the devotion ability during PvP situations is now 75%.
- The devotion ability now lasts for a minimum of 5 seconds and a maximum of 20 seconds.
- Devotion will now be turned off during the Kalphite King, Vorago and Barrows : Rise of the Six encounters, where appropriate, as with other defensive abilities.
- Players who were unable to broadcast are once again able to do so.
- The Kal'Ger the Warmonger music track now unlocks correctly.
- The repair cost for superior leviathan ring and superior reefwalker's cape is now considerably less harsh.
- Players with high-level combat stats will no longer receive daily challenges for players with low level-combat stats such as, kill 5 cows.
- Companion pets are now prevented from being placed in the backpack in some circumstances.
- The Virtus wand and book now give a warning message when you attempt to drop them.
- Players can now use the assist system again.
- A reference to Treasure Hunter keys has been corrected in a bond’s description.
- When players purchase an aura from Solomon’s General Store they will now receive correct aura.
- The first option on a gem bag is now 'Fill' instead of 'Inspect'.
- Cannons can no longer be setup in the Dungeoneering lobby area.
- The main option on scrying pools has been changes to 'Scry' instead of 'Direct-portal'.
- A wall near Edgeville is no longer able to be passed through.
- You can now select which Easter egg you want to be when equipping the Easter ring.
- The Slayer XP reward for killing Bork has been increased.
- Non-members will now be able to use 3 of the available 5 action bars.
- A tooltip has been added to the coin pouch number which shows you the exact amount of coins you have stored in it.
- The Construction animations for building (standard, wall, and floor) have been updated.
- The Construction animation for removing a built object has been updated.
- All stackable feathers gathered whilst hunting birds can now be used for fly fishing.
- Agile and wicked clothing can now be added to the armour case.
- My Arm has decided to permanently keep the door leading to his herb patch open.