24 February 2014 - Revolution

SirTommy2005

When trying out revolution I noticed that half the time during a kill I am using auto-attacks while I have two or three basics ready to use. When I tried it out on beta I noticed the same issue, voted no on it being ready to launch, but obviously didn't make much difference. Is this the expected behaviour, and has anyone else encountered this?

If this is just glitchy, I would have assumed these kinds of things would be fixed before launching since it required a player vote to launch.

maraxussig4.png

When I ran revolution in the beta it used to take about two autoattacks before it got going with abilities. After that, continously having a target kept the abilities firing.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

All of the nerfs make sense individually but added together they make the ability useless.

There is no useful situation where you could go beyond 5 seconds duration, and it is disabled for KK/Vorago/RotS (idk how it was used in RotS, but for KK it was to prevent green and for rago it was for bomb tanking).

- PvP nerf makes sense, it was being abused heavily. Should remain. Lol at everyone crying in RSOF.

- Increase cooldown is fine, but 90 seconds for 5 seconds and -15% adrenaline is silly in PvM. Would support 60 seconds instead. There were a few situations where a cool down increase wouldn't matter (KK solo you would just have to buy ~50 seconds of time by running around instead of ~10 and take an extra adrenaline potion or something)

- 5 second duration with +5 for every kill is hilarious. In what scenario other than cannoning some chickens/cows are you able to kill enemies within 5 seconds of each other so that you actually get the full 20 seconds? If you time devotion perfectly, you get protection for about a round of combat or two. This attribute should be removed.

- Disabling its use in certain bosses is fine, although I think that soloing KK wasn't OP at all: kills took like 15 minutes and required skilled timing of abilities combinations. Any slip up and you were dead immediately. I tried it many times in max gear and only got it to about 1/4 hp at most. Didn't see this being abused anywhere, it was more of an impressive achievement for those that pulled it off.

Insert rant about how I want challenging solo bosses here now that my goal of being able to kill KK solo is dead. Nex is getting boring.

Like Gwyn said, bomb tanking was too easy, so that's okay.

Overall I support a nerf but not this nerf.

Devotion should have been a shield ability.

That is all.

This idea is good, you should post in RSOF, see if it gets any traction. Unlikely but it would take 5 secs to post.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

You can also manually start revolution by using any ability manually. Overall, if you learn to use it, it's 95% as effective as combat was before, only you click tens of times less.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

When trying out revolution I noticed that half the time during a kill I am using auto-attacks while I have two or three basics ready to use. When I tried it out on beta I noticed the same issue, voted no on it being ready to launch, but obviously didn't make much difference. Is this the expected behaviour, and has anyone else encountered this?

If this is just glitchy, I would have assumed these kinds of things would be fixed before launching since it required a player vote to launch.

I've been experiencing that too. I voted almost ready as it does work nicely, but it seems to spend a tick checking 1 ability slot and if that slot isn't ready, it checks the next slot and spends aother tick doing so (hence not activating as they're on cooldown).

I enjoy playing as if its on full manual while revolution is on though. Constant abilities going off as soon as possible. :3

Ancient spells renamed, woo. Also queuing, no weapon switch penalty - good stuff. If Revolution does use a tick to check for a slot in use, that's stupid, but if not/otherwise it's a good update. And the Devotion nerf is just going way too far. How about making it last 10 ticks + 1/2 tick per point of prayer bonus or +1 per tick if using a shield, with a 90s cooldown (remove the extend-if-kill because that is completely opposite to using it for bossing). That way, you get 10 - ~45 ticks (6 - ~27 seconds), depending on your equipment, but only up to ~27 ticks (~16s) without a shield.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Why is the wicked pouch thing not just a runespan reward? Also, why does it disappear when you fill it, instead of just being "capped", so that you can't add more (and then dissappear when it runs out)?

It should be a non-degradable runespan reward, not some trash from solomons/loyalty...

Also, it lets you swap spell books at will... that kind of runes the point of a lot of uses for spellbook-swap...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Why is the wicked pouch thing not just a runespan reward? Also, why does it disappear when you fill it, instead of just being "capped", so that you can't add more (and then dissappear when it runs out)?

It should be a non-degradable runespan reward, not some trash from solomons/loyalty...

Also, it lets you swap spell books at will... that kind of runes the point of a lot of uses for spellbook-swap...

I agree with everything except for non degradable, it should have been something like infuse it with unbound essence to recharge it or something. Degrading items are good for the game, assuming they don't degrade to nothing.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I agree with everything except for non degradable, it should have been something like infuse it with unbound essence to recharge it or something. Degrading items are good for the game, assuming they don't degrade to nothing.

I was using degrade to refer to the "depletes to nothing". This item "degrades" in that every spell casts costs energy, and removes energy. It shouldn't disappear when empty though. It should just have no charges. IE: a single time purchase of this allows you to charge it up as often as you like.

Curious if this will change the price of runes, since cheaper runes might be more effective for charging expensive spells? (depending on the price of the various runes) since energy is "rune agnostic", but rune cost used to depend on what spells it was used in.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

the thing about abilities is that even though they can be given a purpose, that purpose has to be significant enough to warrant a space on the precious real estate of the hotbar

revolution basically lost relevance to a lot of other things you could be doing with that space

just as disappointed about the wicked pouch as other people....could have been an actual reason to train runecrafting???????

seriously, that alone would even make me marginally happier about how runespan was nerfed into the ground

even with the limitations, this is dangerous cash shop territory here

8f14270694.jpg

Why is everyone saying traders got nerfed?

78I6l.jpg

I legit lol'ed.

It's funny because I know him. He zerk rushes in PvP, and now devotion won't protect him. Noob. -.-.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Runescape wiki has some set-ups for efficient dps. They cover all classes using two hand or dual wield against either stunable or immune creatures.

Check it out here:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

somebody removed it probably because that page isn't a guide page specifically, but you can just check the history for the information until somebody bothers to make a guide page to give it a proper place

i kiiiiinda take issue with the game presets and this guide both recommending multitarget basic abilities since that causes more trouble than it's worth in some locations

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

somebody removed it probably because that page isn't a guide page specifically, but you can just check the history for the information until somebody bothers to make a guide page to give it a proper place

i kiiiiinda take issue with the game presets and this guide both recommending multitarget basic abilities since that causes more trouble than it's worth in some locations

I put Chain/Ricochet outside of my 9 Revolution slots for that reason.

I put Chain/Ricochet outside of my 9 Revolution slots for that reason.

But but but it's finally the closest you'll get to aggressive slayer monsters and AFK tasks!!!
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Why is everyone saying traders got nerfed?

78I6l.jpg

I legit lol'ed.

It's funny because I know him. He zerk rushes in PvP, and now devotion won't protect him. Noob. -.-.
They think traders got nerfed cuz they don't know how to lure the guards >.>

The guards tele back after a short while of being 'stuck' in a room now I heard..

Nope, just if they're in the wrong room. Been like that since release. People complain every time a system update resets the guards.