Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

Miss Lioness

I duo'd Hardmode mole with my brother, seems like the only thing you'd have to watch out for in solo is that mud prison (which you can't break out of in a solo). Or the rampaging part. Dem surprise 25% damages.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Fountain of Legends in the Maxed Guild garden, which would recharge dragonstone jewellery in the same way as the Legends' Guild totem + Fountain of Heroes.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I kinda wish they'd name it something other than Max Guild.

Something like Masters Guild perhaps.

Personally I wouldn't be opposed to (though it'd never happen) it being Legends guild and shuffling the Heroes and Champions names up 1 stage with Adventurer's Guild becoming the bottom rung.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I definitely like a better name than Max guild, for sure.

I also really like adding a recharge feature for all the dstone items in one more easily-accessible place (the current setup is rather annoying, with two different places and a long run to each of em), and the "Max Guild" seems like a great place for it.

If they make a different crystal chest, it should be something more random than the current one, and maybe somewhat better but still possibly worse on a case by case basis. Otherwise it makes the existing one in Taverly rather obsolete (why use the key on the Taverly chest when you could use it on the Elf one and guarantee something better, or if you don't have access to the city, sell it for more to someone who does?)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I think the Masters Guild is a great name for the guild. I mean the max guild is a good working prototype name.

They should make it cost 1m to change portals. Granted that seems like a low amount it still takes some effort to get that money to expend on it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think the Masters Guild is a great name for the guild. I mean the max guild is a good working prototype name.

They should make it cost 1m to change portals. Granted that seems like a low amount it still takes some effort to get that money to expend on it.

Yeah, except for players with a super high income, it'd cost 10-20 minutes to change the portal if the price was 1m. That seems pretty fair to me.

I definitely like a better name than Max guild, for sure.

I also really like adding a recharge feature for all the dstone items in one more easily-accessible place (the current setup is rather annoying, with two different places and a long run to each of em), and the "Max Guild" seems like a great place for it.

If they make a different crystal chest, it should be something more random than the current one, and maybe somewhat better but still possibly worse on a case by case basis. Otherwise it makes the existing one in Taverly rather obsolete (why use the key on the Taverly chest when you could use it on the Elf one and guarantee something better, or if you don't have access to the city, sell it for more to someone who does?)

For starting players, not everyone prefers money.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Yeah, except for players with a super high income, it'd cost 10-20 minutes to change the portal if the price was 1m. That seems pretty fair to me.

Well if players want to train construction soley with magic crystals then let them. Catch my drift?

Otherwise looking at even decent high level money making 5m an hour is still pretty average. So i would say 1m is decent, but i wouldnt think we would see anything over 5m.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

if they let herb farming be dictated by juju potions, then i don't see why they would stop to think that a better crystal chest would make the keys too expensive for people without access

8f14270694.jpg

What if the new crystal chest only worked for key halves you find yourself. Maybe when sold they would change states and only work on taverly chests.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

What if the new crystal chest only worked for key halves you find yourself. Maybe when sold they would change states and only work on taverly chests.

Better yet would be changing the loot to things with equivalent profit, but with a more likely use such as elder logs, higher chance for adamant ore/bars, coal, etc. Those are just examples, but the concept seems sound.

• Like 2

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would like it if the elf master only assigned boss tasks (or equivalent, such as black dragons, greater demons, tzhaar).

Ok - sorry but I really haven't been paying attention - is the Elf slayer master going to be higher ranking than Kuradel?  :huh:

nyuseg.png

I would like it if the elf master only assigned boss tasks (or equivalent, such as black dragons, greater demons, tzhaar).

Ok - sorry but I really haven't been paying attention - is the Elf slayer master going to be higher ranking than Kuradel?  :huh:

Yes, new highest lvl req slayer master but in lore terms he is not an actual slayer he just likes watching slayers so Kuradel will remain the skill cape master and will be who provides the monster for his new dungeon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It hasn't been stated but I would assume so

The header of the of the slayer master segment in the document

"Slayer master - Combat Level 175, Slayer Level 85"

Kuradel is 160 cmb, 75 slayer.

It is quite clearly stated the new guy is higher.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Better yet would be changing the loot to things with equivalent profit, but with a more likely use such as elder logs, higher chance for adamant ore/bars, coal, etc. Those are just examples, but the concept seems sound.

The only issue there is that prices change, so they'd either have to set it equal now and not modify it later, or have it set to periodically fetch GE prices on the Taverly chest contents and match the Elf chest contents to that total.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

The only issue there is that prices change, so they'd either have to set it equal now and not modify it later, or have it set to periodically fetch GE prices on the Taverly chest contents and match the Elf chest contents to that total.

*coughcoughQBDdragonkincoffercough*

*coughcoughQBDdragonkincoffercough*

Well that wouldnt be the selling point ln the high level chest. That is just to keep it somewhat fair... The real goal is to give players some stuff to skill with.

I think a good loot list would be

Battlestaffs

Green, blue, red, black, royal d'hide

Adamantite ore + coal

Runite + coal

Yew logs

Magic logs

Elder logs

Pyrelord pouches + scrolls

Hydra pouches + scrolls

Obsidian pouches

Unicorn pouches + scrolls

Nihil pouches

Muspah pouches

Raw rocktail

Frost dragon bones + marrentill

Airut bones + marrentill

Mahogany planks

Teak planks

Crystal sandstone

Red sandstone

Grenwall spikes

Watermelon seeds

Magic tree seed

Crystal blossom

Yew tree seeds

Reed seeds

Snapegrass seeds

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png