Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

Miss Lioness

I always thought that'd be a good addition as a consumable item perhaps, like a heavy crate or barrel to help you open the door.

Heck could be used as an item sink for over abundant items - barrel has to weigh 10kg say to operate the button and you add items to it, destroying the item but add its weight to the total.

But how do you open the doors you have to range, right after that?

I'd vote to just completely remove the doors, tbh.

I'm sure there would be a way that 2ndary door could be tweaked to fit or removed entirely whilst maintain the 2 button approach of the initial door.

But I'm not to fussed how they do it really.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The Ninja Team are looking at removing the requirement of having two players to access the Dagannoth Kings.

Oh man, oh man, oh man... Please, please, please....

No. That should not be done

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Taking away the requirement for two people like that would just be bad. If it were a quest reward, finding another way inside, like in blood runs deep :-! That would make sense... until they took away that part and made it instanced.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The Ninja Team are looking at removing the requirement of having two players to access the Dagannoth Kings.

I dunno, it hasn't been anything other than a minor inconvenience since at least 2007.

I would argue that it has been a major inconvenience often enough.
  • Like 1

But it promotes either teamwork or socializing so much :(.

Otherwise sure, Legends quest and the requirement for Phoenix and black arms clan could also be abolished but it forces the player to interact with someone else. This isn't always a bad thing...

A portal teleporting instantly to the lair is fair enough, it even motivates earlier players to get higher up to access the city. Simply removing this requirement makes it all too easy.

TLDR: DK lair fanboi<3dat run

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

The single biggest reason I've never killed DKs is because of the doors. I hate forced interaction with other players to access content like that.

If I want to work with other players, I'll go play a minigame, or do group dg. Slayer is a very solo skill for me. More often than not, from what I've seen, you have to bug someone to come help you open the doors, and then they leave and go continue whatever they were doing before while you kill dags. Many times I've also seen someone spend twenty minutes trying to get someone to help em open the doors before giving up and doing something else instead (since all the fcs for it have died out).

It doesn't encourage player interaction, it requires it. That's an important difference., especially when it blocks solo-able content like this.

I would love to see the doors gone.

• Like 2

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I dunno, it hasn't been anything other than a minor inconvenience since at least 2007.
I would argue that it has been a major inconvenience often enough.
Yes a MAJOR inconvenience... i mean i wouldnt mind testing my meddle against the kings solo, but that double door just kills it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That reeks of sarcasm.

Major inconvenience instead of minor, because lots of the times you try to find a door partner for DKS and either nobody wants to take some of their time to help you "trelelelele le exp waste"

When that happens, then it completely prevents you from getting in (or back in if you died and have millions in your gravestone.)

A minor inconvenience wouldn't completely prevent you from getting there, IMO.

Hey all,

Thanks again for your feedback on the Crwys and Trahaearn areas (I'll never get used to spelling those). Here are our plans based on your comments:

Crwys and Trahaearn:

General comments:

A few of you have noted that Crwys and Trahaearn only add a little that is new to their related skills; some people wanted additional tiers of ore, log and bar to make elf gear. I wanted to quickly explain our thinking...

Trahaearn: Firstly, crystal weaponry is coming, but with the Ithell clan, which will be revealed this week. It also feels like the wrong time to make wholesale additions to Smithing when the entire skill is being earmarked for a rework (see the Runefest ‘Ideas for the Future’ session). We also pinpointed slow training at high levels and frustrations with exhausting rocks as the priority for improving Mining and Smithing, which is what led us to the Seren Stones and Seren Corruption. 

Crwys: In terms of Woodcutting, we wanted a number of trees in one location, close to a bank and with the ability to socialize while cutting. That was our aim for the city, since Woodcutting already has a fair number of high level options for a budding lumberjack. From a Farming perspective, we wanted to spread the patches around the city, since movement around the city (Voice of Seren, Jack of All Trades) is a running theme, so you’ll find more and more farming patches cropping up in future design documents. 

Other points:

• We’ll be adding a character who will sell you seeds. A number of you mentioned that you wanted to buy saplings from this seller, but we want to know more from you - why would this be worthwhile to you? How would you want this to work? 
• We’re looking at ways of introducing concentrated mithril deposits. It’s likely that this will only appear during the Voice of Seren, and periodically within that hour. It will share many of the mechanics of concentrated ore in the Living Rock Caverns.
• We will be adding a bank chest to the Trahaearn area.
• We will be looking to add a hops patch to the Crwys area.
• We like the idea of adding an effect to one or more of the farm patches in the area, in the same manner as My Arm’s farming patch. This should be earned, so we will be locking this behind the Elf Task Set.
• A few of you wanted non-XP rewards for mining the Seren Stones, like a reward shop with a points system. We’re not convinced that the Seren Stones need this, in much the same way that choking ivy doesn’t need a reward shop – people’s motivations here will be more for the relaxed method of interaction, the XP and the social interaction.
• Summoning gems will now be given in addition to the gem you would have received from a gem rock, not instead of that gem.
• We received feedback that there are both too many and too few rocks in the area. We feel that the number of rocks is just about right.
• We will ensure that onyx is very rare from the gem rocks
• A few of you have wondered where the crystal tree is in the Elf City. Please read the Tower of Voices design document – you will be required to grow your own crystal tree in the centre of the city. We will likely change the name of this tree to subtly differentiate it from existing crystal trees, as they work slightly differently.
• A few of you have questioned why the Crwys require a higher level of pickpocketing than the other elves. It’s our intention that the elves have a variety of pickpocketing levels, with increasing XP and values of drops, so that you feel a progression as you train your Thieving.
• There were some requests for dwarves in the city, as well as some feedback that the dwarves should not be included. We like the idea, but there will be plenty of character in the Trahaearn area without the elves, and we’d like to keep this element hidden just for now.
• An idea of including an ent gained a bit of attention on the forums. We like that idea, and we will be including one, making it the seed seller that was mentioned earlier.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Oh dear they adressed the smithing rework

RIP social life

Just because its ear marked I wouldn't expect anything remotely soon.

Summon rework was 'earmarked' was eoc

Mine/Smith rework was officially mentioned as far back as BoE and pre-artisans workshop.

Agility they have 'wanted to do something more with' pretty much since shortcuts.

Construction was also earmarked to be happening in 2013

Last we heard none of these were in dev or likely to be in dev this year.

So it looks like late 2015 if we are lucky for any of these reworks, but given that invention ought to be entering dev soon and arriving in 2015 I would not be surprised if they put the reworks off further.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Where can I find the tower of voices design document?

And as always I post a link to any of the documents in the first post. Along with them the revisions made in a spoiler tag :)!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Oh dear they adressed the smithing rework

RIP social life

Just because its ear marked I wouldn't expect anything remotely soon.

Summon rework was 'earmarked' was eoc

Mine/Smith rework was officially mentioned as far back as BoE and pre-artisans workshop.

Agility they have 'wanted to do something more with' pretty much since shortcuts.

Construction was also earmarked to be happening in 2013

Last we heard none of these were in dev or likely to be in dev this year.

So it looks like late 2015 if we are lucky for any of these reworks, but given that invention ought to be entering dev soon and arriving in 2015 I would not be surprised if they put the reworks off further.

Oh I know, invention in two years, smith in three maybe

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

i would like combat familiars that actually pull their damn weight (like the recent nihils) and skilling familiars which are actually useful to medium and high level players instead of making it just low, maybe a couple medium, and like one high level familiar

i would also like many existing secondary passive effects to not be as useless or silly

8f14270694.jpg

hey remember when everybody was speculating that all the stuff that they would have gotten from invention was gonna be in elf city, and that all of the locations wouldn't just be glorified ivy chopping

great times right

8f14270694.jpg

Interestingly: Mod Krista has made a post today she is looking at a rework of Summoning, based on feedback. In her thread you can post your findings.

Can we get a link to this please?

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Apparently this is the link to the next document. It is however not online yet:

https://cdn.runescape.com/assets/docs/external/elfcity/IthellandAmlodd.pdf

Account Help