Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

Miss Lioness

"Inside of the guild will be a completionist cape. The cost of buying the cape is 15,000,000 - the same as Varrock Museum."

Wait what?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Was a typo apparently, lol.

Real question: How can the completionist cape be in two places at once?

Another question would be:

Why does the museum let you touch a ~10k year old cape and then let you buy it to wear in the first place?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The same way Xuan is in Varrock and Burthrope?

A common video-game-logic scenario:

They can move too and are moved before you enter an area and their existence in one area is meant to be "instanced" for you (such that the item can still appear to another player in another area)

The item is typically held in the Museum but is moved to the Elf Lands prior to your arrival. When you arrive in the Elf Lands, you see the cape. If you go back to the Museum - the Elf Lands had already returned the cape back to the Museum.

Yes, even if you teleport there with your hood. They're that fast!

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

Why does the museum let you touch a ~10k year old cape and then let you buy it to wear in the first place?

bc cape recognise u r tr00 owner@@@

Pretty sure a museum would willingly part with a piece if you paid enough. :P

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Any chance this thieving will be left click to pickpocket? If so, it sounds pretty nice to me!

I'm also very interested in knowing what level the improved crystal weapons they mentioned will be.

But so far I'm loving what I'm seeing in these design documents!

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Any chance this thieving will be left click to pickpocket? If so, it sounds pretty nice to me!

I'm also very interested in knowing what level the improved crystal weapons they mentioned will be.

But so far I'm loving what I'm seeing in these design documents!

I suspect they won't be anything amazing.

Given the existing lvl 70ness I'd expect upgrades possibilities to be t75 since that tier large does not exist, t80 since its 1 tier up or maybe, just maybe t85 to offer a stepping stone for all styles between t80 and t90.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The Xuan thing was to be confirmed as two different merchants much like Max and this new person as his rival.

Also i believe its called a "chakram" or "chakrah".

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The thieving npcs should just be the workers.

I wonder if the defeated offerings go to your inventory or are droped? Probably like the lrc i bet.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Posted the link to the 2nd document in the first post :)!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

PVM portal is going to a bit OP imo... I hope the cost to change it is several million

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Only XP from slayer Dark crystals/bosses... eh yawn. Extending tasks is nice though.

another crystal chest , omg i'll have more luck with this one!1

Pickpocketing crystal weapons. Best update ever xD

Teleport moneysink :o

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Also next two weeks, from sunday on, I will be on an internship. So if any of the mods could link the next two design documents in the first post, that would be greatly appreciated :)!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Also next two weeks, from sunday on, I will be on an internship. So if any of the mods could link the next two design documents in the first post, that would be greatly appreciated :)!

Also if someone could add an s to document that'd be great.

OCD-ish bugging me that its not plural now the documents are plural XD

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Also if someone could add an s to document that'd be great.

OCD-ish bugging me that its not plural now the documents are plural XD

I changed it for now. Hopefully it works, so your OCD can get a bit of rest again =3.

Account Help

Eh, there could be more than one in the world. Just because the Museum doesn't know of any others doesn't mean they don't exist; there's enough room to make sense for the elves to be holding the other. Dahmaroc could have visited them, or the NPC from the new Shattered Heart thing could either be Dahmaroc's rival or have worked with him.

I'm too lazy to check the doc - was that slayer challenge a comp req or a trim req? Either way it sounds like a pain, but it'd make more sense as a trim req I think. Also is each part issued as a separate challenge, or is the whole sequence done as one challenge? (I think it was the latter?)

I'm not sure how I feel about the new style of pickpocketing... I think being locked out of the area for 20min might be more of a pain than getting smacked and stunned for 2sec, but we'll see.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

It is a trim requirement, but a fun one nonetheless. Even I may be up for it to try and do that! And there have been several bosses that I never attempted to solo before :)!

One good order would be:

DKS (If you need to kill all 3)

QBD

Zilyana

K'ril

Kree'Arra

Graardor

Mole

KBD

Or would there be a better order, as I cannot really compare their power quite that good.

Account Help

bc cape recognise u r tr00 owner@@@

Pretty sure a museum would willingly part with a piece if you paid enough. :P

I always pictured the museum people being like:

"This adventurer seems wealthy. Um, you there! This cape was sewn ten thousand years ago and can only be worn by those it deems truly worthy. I see it has chosen you as its beholder, but I hope you understand that such an artifact cannot be just given away. Let's say...fifteen million? Good, good. No, not payable by traveler's check."

And then he goes into the back and picks another one out of a crate that says "made in the eastern lands."

• Like 5

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Elf city doc 2 feedback incoming:

22-May-2014 12:24:44

To give you all some context, we are taking the following feedback very seriously and will likely make changes based on it. More info in the podcast, to be released this weekend, and a 'Changes' forum thread that will come after the podcast.

- The slayer master should have additional creatures, including celestials

- The slayer master should have creatures culled from its list

- Skillcapes should only be available from the 99 skillcape merchants

- There should be more content for players in the Max Guild garden

- Cadarn should have more magic and ranged content

- The price of the completionist cape is incorrect

- The max cape should tele to the max guild

- There should be more options on the max guild portal

- The crystal chest should have different rewards from the existing chest

There is more, but this will do to show you what we're talking about at the moment

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Updated the first post with this feedback added into it :)! Thank you for posting.

Account Help

It is a trim requirement, but a fun one nonetheless. Even I may be up for it to try and do that! And there have been several bosses that I never attempted to solo before :)!

One good order would be:

QBD

Zilyana

K'ril

Kree'Arra

Graardor

Mole

KBD

Or would there be a better order, as I cannot really compare their power quite that good.

The wording of the document to me implied killing a DK rather than all 3, as it did say killing one of each of the following.

Plus there are 9 dark crystals listed in the brief and 9 items on the list if you assume 1 DK.

I'd say that order is pretty decent. QBD and DKs could probably be interchangeable, but with the amount of damage types etc they seem like the ones that could be render really a pita with too many of the dark crystals. Also mole and kbd could prob be interchangeable, with KQ (who you missed) just above them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

One good order would be:

QBD

Zilyana

K'ril

Kree'Arra

Graardor

Mole

KBD

The wording of the document to me implied killing a DK rather than all 3, as it did say killing one of each of the following.

Plus there are 9 dark crystals listed in the brief and 9 items on the list if you assume 1 DK.

I'd say that order is pretty decent. QBD and DKs could probably be interchangeable, but with the amount of damage types etc they seem like the ones that could be render really a pita with too many of the dark crystals. Also mole and kbd could prob be interchangeable, with KQ (who you missed) just above them.

I think mole is harder then KBD and perhaps on par with KQ. It is the hard mode version after all.

Account Help

I would do Mole second. Has anyone actually done hard mode Mole? I have, and I'd say it's more likely to kill you than qbd if you're not careful. And we don't know (although I would imagine so) what happens if you die. Do you lose the challenge? Have to start over?