Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Today Jagex has released the first of 5 documents detailing their progress/ideas regarding the Player voted content: Elf City, which was favoured above the Invention skill.

As these documents are full of interesting details and additions, I think it warrants its own thread.

The first of these five documents is about the Tower of Voices.

Elf City Design 1 - Changes #1

The second document is about Iorwerth & Cadarn.

Elf City Design 2 - Feedback #1

Elf City Design 2 - Changes

The third instalment got leaked: Trahaearn & Crwys.

Elf City Design 3 - Changes

The fourth document is here: Ithell & Amlodd

Elf City Design 4 - Changes

The final document you can read here: Hefin & Meilyr

Elf City Document 5 - Changes

The first thing that I came across which I think could be troublesome is the house portal being moved to Prifddinas which locks out a lot of people being able to access ones house. How do you think this should be tackled?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

I'll probably tackle the issue by leaving my house in yanille.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

I'll probably tackle the issue by leaving my house in yanille.

Not quite what I meant as I do believe that ones house should be accessible by any player in the world as long as the owned is present. Just current limitations is that the player that wants to visit the house, needs to be at the correct portal. How can Jagex 'fix' this issue if a player wants to join a friends house who just happens to be at Prifddinas? Given that the visiting player hasn't got access to Prifddinas.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
WHY THE [bleep] IS SOLOMON IN THE TOWER OF VOICES????????????????????

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Drooling over the 7th cape :o

Nice additions, hopefully the new potion will be nice and this is not yet another gainnzzzz!1

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

cowmaster187
[ Display Name History ]

cowmaster187

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
  • RSN:legoman187
  • Clan:Serenity Isle

Neat!

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I am very pleased by the feedback thread like 99% of the replies include no soloman.

As for concerns with the house portal I don't see it as an issue, its people choice where they put their house and who can access it. If YOU want your house to be open to all players when you're there, put it in a place that allows it problem solved. If you had your house in elf city and wanted to let a friend in who couldn't access it you'd have to move your house - you take on the cost and trouble of this out of free will. Why shouldn't high level players be able to make their house a bit more exclusive if they so desire? It's not even like elf city is going to be hugely hard to access lvl 75 in 10 skills? You could do that in like a week or 2 from a brand new account if you wanted.

The new shattered heart sounds as though it'll be enjoyable, though also a thorn in my side for 32 weeks - I wonder what the implications of being able to entirely save this person might be for future saving Dahmaroc content? I mean I know they've gone on about but its repeatable so you can't, but maybe make it have an ending only doable after you've done both to completion that is optional?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Levells
[ Display Name History ]

Levells

Bear Fur

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 409 posts

They're literally including everything in there :o There's a lot of new content they're shoving into it, I feel like I need to reread it several times to absorb it all.

Steph
[ Display Name History ]

Steph

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
I approve of the detail they appear to be putting into this update.
Posted Image

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad
[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

mlskid
[ Display Name History ]

mlskid

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • RSN:mlskid

I'm really interested in this update. It sounds packed full of content, I just don't know where to start...

Firstly I'm with a huge amount of the people complaining, NO SOLOMONS. Absolutely not happy seeing this even being considered. As for the Xuan style-store, I really think that can be cut out too. As they said in the podcasts, they don't want people to stay here 24/7 necessarily, so I think that removing that as well would help, right now there seems to me no reason to leave the city... Leaving out things like a ports portal, and quartermaster would be ideal to me to accomplish this goal. (however, I don't want them to change these aspects as I don't think I want to leave the city).

I think it would be a good move to make the NPC that you give your chrons to as Seren, just an interesting notion to me. The shattered heart idea seems like a repeated idea, however I wonder if they will make the golden rocks into something you can only obtain through finding them in the city. To me it doesn't quite make sense that the rocks would exist outside of the city and its training methods, especially without being able to be found before the update.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Wio, lol

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
1YP3WkR.png

glhf

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

bleh, just give me a containment spell and i'll yell out the animate rock scroll

8f14270694.jpg

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

I'm really looking forward to working on shattered hearts 2.0, looks interesting and its nice that they gave us that 32 week grace period.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
I kinda feel like it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world in the shatter heart thing was tweaked week by week.

So like on launch you must have completed it once to have trim
Then next week twice
etc.

The 32 week grace period though serving a good purpose does kinda allow people to 'cheat' having the cape for 32 weeks if they aren't keeping up with it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
Ohhh I'm so excited for this!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

I kinda feel like it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world in the shatter heart thing was tweaked week by week.

Then next week twice
etc.

The 32 week grace period though serving a good purpose does kinda allow people to 'cheat' having the cape for 32 weeks if they aren't keeping up with it.

The only issue with that is if something comes up and you miss a week. With the 32 week grace period, you miss a week and you lose trim for a week so it seems fair. With the weekly update if you miss a week early then it could be several months.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Then next week twice
etc.

The only issue with that is if something comes up and you miss a week. With the 32 week grace period, you miss a week and you lose trim for a week so it seems fair. With the weekly update if you miss a week early then it could be several months.

I don't see that as an issue.
Trim is supposed to hard to achieve and maintain.

I'd much rather see a few people lose it for falling behind than see potentially a large number keep it for many months without putting any effort into meeting the new requirement.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

It will be a delay, but if they don't keep up then they will lose it for however many weeks they don't keep up with it. If someone just doesn't try and falls 10 weeks behind, they'll still have to deal with 10 weeks without trim, its not like they'll keep it forever or anything. This just makes it a bit more fair. I do understand where you're coming from, we won't really know who is working on it for those 32 weeks, but it'll be very apparent when it does kick in.

Sorator
[ Display Name History ]

Sorator

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • RSN:Sorator
  • RSN2:Zidian29
  • Clan:HYT
Wow, they really are making this a high level hub. GE access, ports access, dungeoneering and sinkhole access... goodness.

The only thing I don't like are the color-skill match-ups. Some of those colors really don't match the skills they're aligned with at all; I'd expect Mining/Smithing to be red and Agility/Prayer to be white, for example.

Oh, and the Voice of Seren bonus should definitely only be for the skills aligned with those segments of the city, not all skills that happen to get trained while standing there. That would just be too strong.

Otherwise, looks fantastic! But I might never leave.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.

260pifq.jpg

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
I dont get the ports portal when i have my book to teleport me. Maybe the book should lose its teleport or get a 1-2 teleport a day limit?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users