Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

Miss Lioness

Can anyone explain to me how that dark crystal/hall of fame thing works cause I don't get it.

So you kill the first boss, it drops a crystal.

Now afterwards you get crystal at random from any of the other bosses? I'm assuming you need to defeat all the bosses for the slayer task? Therefore, after I kill boss 1, I can quickly kill all the other 8 and farm whatever's easiest (KBD) for the remaining <27 crystals?

Or, do you get a crystal per boss, so you need to repeatedly kill a boss till it drops its dark crystal? Can I farm an inventory at all, anyway? Do I have to alternate between bosses?

It's just so damn confusing to me.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Can anyone explain to me how that dark crystal/hall of fame thing works cause I don't get it.

Now afterwards you get crystal at random from any of the other bosses? I'm assuming you need to defeat all the bosses for the slayer task? Therefore, after I kill boss 1, I can quickly kill all the other 8 and farm whatever's easiest (KBD) for the remaining <27 crystals?

Or, do you get a crystal per boss, so you need to repeatedly kill a boss till it drops its dark crystal? Can I farm an inventory at all, anyway? Do I have to alternate between bosses?

You kill a boss once

Pick up dark crystal

You get a random debuff from the crystal

Rinse and repeat

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I more or less assume that once this challenge is given, all of the bosses on this list will drop a crystal the first kill.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Dark Crystal thing is pretty simple:

You have to kill 1 of each of the 9 bosses on the list.

When you do each kill they will 100% drop a dark crystal that gives a random debuff.

You can bank that crystal each time and continue with no debuffs for the 'easy' lesser xp version.

Or you can hold on to all the crystals gaining more debuffs as you progress resulting in a greater xp reward and being given a permanent version of one of the crystals to use as you see fit.

On either route the crystals you find whilst actually doing the task will be taken away and you will only collect 9-11 crystals, subject to whether for DKS they expect you to kill just 1 or 1 of each and whether (if it is one of each) all 3 drop crystals or just the third one.

The keeping hold of the crystals harder version is the trim req.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

oh, so it's like dom tower, but more walking

i would ask what possible reason anybody would have to want to keep one of the derp crystals, but it sounds like something you'd use to break the game somehow

8f14270694.jpg

oh, so it's like dom tower, but more walking

i would ask what possible reason anybody would have to want to keep one of the derp crystals, but it sounds like something you'd use to break the game somehow

They mentioned in the podcast that the idea is basically for streamers. So they can show off beating certain bosses with the crystals activated and such

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The third instalment got leaked: Trahaearn & Crwys.

Have fun reading :)!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

OOOHHH

I hope they'll update Superior Gemfinding scrimshaw to up the chances of Onyx. Sadly it'll crash to nil. Yay more Rune Rocks and hopefully adamantite near them... Shame only XP, not much of interest there really...

W00t finally more coconuts per run

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

OOOHHH

I hope they'll update Superior Gemfinding scrimshaw to up the chances of Onyx. Sadly it'll crash to nil. Yay more Rune Rocks and hopefully adamantite near them... Shame only XP, not much of interest there really...

Wow - that's the most manic/depressive post I've ever read ... :lol:

nyuseg.png

OOOHHH

That's really not funny at all :'(

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

OOOHHH

That's really not funny at all :'(

I'm not intending to make fun of you, hun. I am merely pointing out the extremes to which you went in that post -- from possible delight to measured disappointment, back to possible delight and then back to measured disappointment, then back to possible delight ... :lol:

To be honest - I know where you're coming from. We've all been lead down the same garden path by Jagex on numerous occasions, only to have the grim reality of game-play disappoint us once again.

nyuseg.png

I wonder how Seren rebuilding is gonna tie in with these 'Seren stones' - also interesting that we will get to meet and talk to a dark gnome and that, with prisoner of glouphrie as a prereq, they have essentially made that 1 quest take you from 1 spirit tree to all 3 planted.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Feedback/Changes from Osbourne on the latest document:
http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,241,65382312

Hey everyone,

It's a little late, but please find the confirmed changes that we are planning to make to Iorwerth and Cadarn, based on your feedback. Let me know what you think, and thanks for all the stuff you keep sending us.

Iorwerth:
• Amendments have been made to the elf slayer master’s monster list, looking at data and gen-eral feedback from the forums. We need to make sure this is the minimum total number of crea-tures, since players will be blocking and preferring a number of creatures. Creatures that have been added to the list from the last design document are in bold, those that have been re-moved are in italics.

Abyssal demons
Airut
Aquanites (kept, as these can be toggled on or off)
Aviansies
Black demons
Black dragons
Celestial dragons (oversight from the original list)
Cres’s Automatons
Dagannoth (for those who like fighting the Kings)
Dark beasts
Desert strykewyrms
Elf City elves
Ganodermic creatures
Greater demons (kept, as many players choose to fight K’ril)
Grotworms
Ice strykewyrms
Iron dragons
Kal'gerion demons (oversight from the original list)
Kalphites
Mithril dragons
Muspah
Mutated jadinkos
Nechryael (oversight from the original list)
Nihil
Order of Ascension members
Steel dragons
TzHaar (we are looking at the possibility of making TokHaar into TzHaar for the purpose of slayer)
Vyrewatch (for those who like fighting the lords and ladies)

Waterfiends
Plus a new monster, to be revealed in future design documents

Removed:
Aberrant spectres
Bloodvelds
Blue dragons
Fire giants
Gargoyles
Hellhounds
Jungle strykewyrms

• There were requests for some creatures – glacors included – to be added as slayer targets. This is being looked at as a separate project. When/if those creatures are added, we will include them for the elf slayer master
• The Slayer Dungeon D&D will be broken down into bronze (level 85), silver (level 90) and gold (level 95) challenges with increasing rewards and difficulty of creature
• Four title rewards will be added to the Slayer Dungeon D&D, including a ‘Slayer Master’ title
• The Slayer Dungeon’s focus will escalate in difficulty as you progress through the waves
• The elf crystal chest will have an alternate drop table, designed to be equal in value to the Taver-ley drop table, but with a focus on elf items. Players will choose between the two chests. This changed drop table will be implemented with Batch 2 of the city,

Cadarn:
• We are not planning to increase the number of battlestaves purchasable from the Elf City, as an Elf City task set will improve this number
• A fountain in the Cadarn area will recharge the player’s dragonstone jewellery.
• There will be an Ancient spellbook and prayer\curse swap in the Cadarn area
• There will be a ranged/magic buffing altar in the area, as a choice/counterpoint to the Iorwerth melee-boosting altar
• There will be a portal in the Max Guild garden. This portal will offer the player teleports to hard-to-reach skill locations depending on how many 99s they have. Teleport locations will include the high-level RuneSpan and your highest level of Divination colony.
• Maygan will be changed to a more suitable elven name (we considered Maxine as many of you suggested, but it’s just not very elven)
• The shattered heart statue will be moved to the garden, and not the Max Guild itself. This will be visible even to those who do not have a 99.
• Skillcapes will be purchasable, but only if the player has bought the skillcape before. Master skill-capes will also be available from the Max Guild garden, as long as the player has already bought the 99 version of that cape.
• The cost of the completionist cape was an error in the document. It should have been 5,000,000. Regardless, the completionist cape will not be available for purchase in the Max Guild.
• Both the completionist cape and max cape will offer teleports to the Max Guild. The max cape will teleport to the Max Guild garden
• The Ninja Team are looking at removing the requirement of having two players to access the Dagannoth Kings.
• A trimmed completionist player will have additional effects, over and above completionist ca-pers, if they sit in the throne
• A loom will be added next to the spinning wheel
• The combat NPCs will have a chance of dropping crystal weaponry for you to use. This was not clear in the design document
• It wasn’t clear in the design document that you will be less likely to fail when pickpocketing in the Elf City. It also wasn’t clear that there will be no point (at least, it is very unlikely) where you can-not pickpocket from anyone.
• The crystal bow and crystal shield in the concept are new models that will replace the existing bows and shields. This was unclear.
• The halberd in the concept art will replace the ones held by the elves ingame currently

I hate to see some Slayer monsters on that list: Nechs, Tzhaar and Vyrewatch are the main three I would like to see removed.

Account Help

The Ninja Team are looking at removing the requirement of having two players to access the Dagannoth Kings.

Oh man, oh man, oh man... Please, please, please....

• Like 2

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I always thought that'd be a good addition as a consumable item perhaps, like a heavy crate or barrel to help you open the door.

Heck could be used as an item sink for over abundant items - barrel has to weigh 10kg say to operate the button and you add items to it, destroying the item but add its weight to the total.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I always thought that'd be a good addition as a consumable item perhaps, like a heavy crate or barrel to help you open the door.

Heck could be used as an item sink for over abundant items - barrel has to weigh 10kg say to operate the button and you add items to it, destroying the item but add its weight to the total.

Keg of beer drops from dagannoth guardians maybe?... just maybe! You dont have to credit me *cough*
  • Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

But how do you open the doors you have to range, right after that?

I'd vote to just completely remove the doors, tbh.

• Like 2