Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

Miss Lioness

Let me tell you, the dragon pickaxe is not aimed at those people with 61 mining. I would just really hate to see the 17m I spent on a d pik go to complete waste. I don't shit phats and gp, or trade sexual favors with Nex for her drops like some people do.....

Then it should be made more accessible for people with 61 mining instead of becoming a component for a level 71 tool, which would only make it more expensive.

At the same time, it can't become too accessible or it would wipe out a substantial amount of some people's wealth.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The problem is that it shouldn't have been so hard to obtain in the first place.

• Like 2

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

the solution to that problem is not "make dragon picks/hatchets even more expensive by making the entire second half of the skill rely on them"

Yeah, the problem right now is that everyone from 61 to 99 mining relies on the dragon pickaxe. When a new tool at 71+ comes out, the dragon pickaxe's usefulness will fall more towards those at the lower end and become more appropriately priced for them.

The problem is that it shouldn't have been so hard to obtain in the first place.

Eh, this is a problem with Jagex regarding how they release new top-end content, unaware that it has to one day no longer be best-in-slot.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

is this gonna be like nex armor, in which everything after it can't be as good in order to spite everything

are we going to do that again

No?... Release level 71 tools, and work on making the 61 tools more common through increasing drop rates and sources, but not significantly as they're still a sizeable step up from the 41 tools.

6Ij0n.jpg

But are there any further comments on my plea on how it should be implemented? As I think it is the best solution all round. It doesn't require the Dragon Hatchet/Pickaxe as component. It has quite sizeable requirements so the Dragon Hatchet/Pickaxe won't be obsolete as it is locked behind a long quest series and you need high skill requirements but not tooo high.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Honestly their component system is working good in my eyes.

People keep their eyes on the prize... zamorakian spear, dragon claws, dragon limbs, saradomin necklaces. You want that chaotic claw set for higher crit? - Chaotic spear for corp? - Ascension crossbow upgrade? - Top end dungeoneering necklaces? Well you'll need this base component.

This makes players realize they have to either pay or do one activity for some time to get a drop that brings them to the next level... Almost like how the minigames bring their gear progression from a seers ring to a seers ring (i). The only difference is there isn't a measured progression.

Now I would be interested in them doing the same thing for some jumps from t80-t85, t85-t90 and hopefully t90-t95 items.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It works alright for things like Zamorakian spear and claws because people at that level at least have alternatives (godswords, other dragon weapons). To require the dragon pickaxe to make a crystal pickaxe leaves no suitable alternative.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Well I added in the Dragon Pickaxe being a component for the Imcando Pickaxe, so here it is first to you all to read:

I have seen a lot of people worrying that if/when these tools get released, it will devalue the current best tools: Dragon Hatchet/Pickaxe. My intention is not to devalue it, but I do not want a ‘simple solution’ to be to make these Dragon tools a base component to the new Crystal Hatchet/Pickaxe.

No.

• Like 1

Well I added in the Dragon Pickaxe being a component for the Imcando Pickaxe, so here it is first to you all to read:

I have seen a lot of people worrying that if/when these tools get released, it will devalue the current best tools: Dragon Hatchet/Pickaxe. My intention is not to devalue it, but I do not want a ‘simple solution’ to be to make these Dragon tools a base component to the new Crystal Hatchet/Pickaxe.

No.

What? What do you mean with just no?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Dragon hatchets and pickaxes are level 61 tools

Crystal hatchets and pickaxes are level 71 tools

Dragon hatchets and pickaxes should have no value to anyone above 71 woodcutting and mining

It works alright for things like Zamorakian spear and claws because people at that level at least have alternatives (godswords, other dragon weapons). To require the dragon pickaxe to make a crystal pickaxe leaves no suitable alternative.

Anything that comes from the elf city is going to be designed for high levels players as a priority, specifically those who are well rounded. You really can't expect jagex to bend much for those players who heavily mine or woodcut and can't complete the quest much less get the money for the components. I mean sure they wont have the next tier pickaxe, but honestly... Look at the difference in tier productivity. I can't recall the difference and I know a jmod posted about it when releasing the dragon pickaxe years ago. I think it was something like a 5% faster success rate at mining over the rune pickaxe. If we see that from the crystal pickaxe thats something you can't really complain over.

On another note... Since going DIY slayer I think being a DIY would be immensely fun in the dwarf city. Imagine all the prep work of doing urns, mining your own addy/mith, cutting your elder/yews/magics and all that jazz.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would give a comment lioness but I'm on mobile with a white background and can't read it.

Personally I think it'd be interesting to use a concept like crystal singing or another method that is learned/obtained from X source. Then using that method to coerce the materials from the spot

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I would give a comment lioness but I'm on mobile with a white background and can't read it.

Personally I think it'd be interesting to use a concept like crystal singing or another method that is learned/obtained from X source. Then using that method to coerce the materials from the spot

Can you read it now?

Account Help

I like it, my only disagreement is nondegrading.

Why would you want tools which are level 71 to degrade? They don't have any special properties, they would just be normal tools which a higher chance of success. I could see if they had special properties, but I don't think anyone is asking for that. And I for one really want them to be able to be added to my toolbelt. and if they degraded or had special properties they wouldn't allow us to do that.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png