Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

Miss Lioness

http://cdn.runescape.com/assets/docs/external/elfcity/HefinAndMeilyr.pdf

5 and final4

will edit after reading, RIP agil forever tho

meh, not too impressed, more xp and making everything faster I suppose, random stuff from moss seems nice, yay free clues/trisk D:

Inb4 powercreep@potions

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

They might as well just remove the rest of the goddamn world once they open Prifddinas.

But yay, faster XP and stuff.

• Like 2

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

They might as well just remove the rest of the goddamn world once they open Prifddinas.

But yay, faster XP and stuff.

No, they need that for new players who haven't gotten to Prifddinas yet.

Also they will need somewhere to add all the new content for the Max and Comp players they will have within a year of the Prifddinas release.

But truth be told I don't have much of an issue with the work they are doing here. I like what I'm seeing. It is going to be pretty crazy having so much good content in one place. But that doesn't change the fact that it is good and exciting content.

• Like 2

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

That feeling when already 200M DG. So much XP from the resource dungeon and recipe hunting will be missed.

At least there's a piece of 115 DG content. Very strange content, though. Wonder what the HLF is like at the moment.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I really like that they're adding more for high level Herblore, and the idea of finding recipes in dg is kinda cool. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the specific potions that includes, but nothing looks terrible at first glance. I'd worry that the lvl99 one is overpowered, but it's gonna be relatively difficult to make anyway, so...

Given that forum post, I'm okay with the motherlode stuff. That may be a very sensible way to reduce the much-bemoaned RNG capriciousness of certain reqs, and that's a good thing. I would love a promise that TH will never offer motherlode shards or their unique rewards as prizes, but I doubt we'll get that.

I think they should be balancing Agility as a skill that will be made more useful in the future, rather than as a skill that has little use other than another barrier-to-entry for max/comp capes right now... they may just be making it too easy to recover later if they make true improvements to the skill/they may hinder their ability to improve the skill by making it too easy to train now. However, I'll be glad to spend less clicking to train it. I really like the flavor of light creatures being involved in Agility!

I find the moss stuff... intriguing...

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Anyone else thing that Antifire Overload giving 10 minutes of Fire Immunity is a typo and should have been 6? It doesn't make any sense for this to be higher than the normal Super Antifire.

Also for the Renewal Overload there is no such thing as Super Renewal... Way to proof-read...

It would be nice if some of the higher end potions would reapply every 15 seconds like the Overload.

And it seems odd to have the Berserk Potion, but not a Magic or Range one which combines the effects with an Extreme Magic or Range with Extreme Defense.

But the potions I most wanted to see are there, so that is what matters most :-P Renewal Antifire, Antifire Overload, Renewal Overload.

90.png

max.png

I just wear mine all the time while doing everything. That is the best way. Just never take off the necklace. Also don't forget to rub the necklace each day for your free bonus XP.

90.png

max.png

Also, either keep an open inventory space or bring a motherlode shard with you since they stack. Every 24 hours of skilling/combat with amulet equipped you get an elder seed, so keep an extra slot open around then.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

They get teleported to your bank if you have no free space, so there's no need to worry about that.

Ok cool, kept an open space for mine cause I didn't want to risk it. Is it only seeds that do or motherlodes as well?

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

At least there's a piece of 115 DG content. Very strange content, though. Wonder what the HLF is like at the moment.

Don't you have HLF access?

Yeah, but at the time of writing that post I hadn't looked at the HLF yet.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ithell:

• An NPC will be added to the area who is trying to gather crystal seeds. Thematically, he is looking for ways to stabilize crystals so they do not need charges. A player can trade a dragon pickaxe/dragon hatchet and a number of crystal seeds to gain a crystal pickaxe/crystal hatchet. 

o The crystal hatchet and crystal pickaxe will not degrade, and will be addable to the toolbelt. By using these items, the player will have twice the chance of gaining shattered heart and golden shattered heart rocks from crystal trees and the Seren Stones. The crystal pickaxe will also have a chance of generating an additional corrupted ore from the Seren Stones, while a crystal hatchet will have a chance of gaining cleansing crystals from crystal trees. The crystal hatchet and crystal pickaxe will both be untradeable. The crystal hatchet will require Attack level 70 to wield, and Woodcutting level 71 to mine with. The crystal pickaxe will require Attack level 70 to wield, and Mining level 71 to mine with. The aim is for the crystal pickaxe and hatchet to be an upgrade to their dragon equivalents, but an alternative to the adze and Imcando pickaxe. A player would change depending on what they wanted to achieve/where they wanted to train.

• The player will be able to store any number of their crystal seeds on an NPC in the area

• The bracelet of clay will give a player an additional soft clay every 1/5 mines of the soft clay mining node. 

• Ranged and magic shields will be added to complement the current melee shield. 

• We will make sure that the attuned crystal weaponry doesn’t devalue chaotics or other level 80 gear. The agility bonus will be offset by the degrading nature of the armour and, potentially, other disadvantages. This will be something we explore more at QA stage.

• The crystal tools will provide a +5 bonus to skills, rather than +3, and they will each have a double chance of generating shattered heart and golden shattered heart rocks in their respective skills (this will stack with the Voice of Seren golden shattered rock benefits).

• The Player-Owned House portal is being moved to the Ithell section

• A water source will be added to the Ithell section

• A range will be added to the Ithell section

• A bank will be added to the Ithell section

• A tanning NPC will be added to the Ithell section

Amlodd:

• Light cores and dark cores will be available outside of combat. Players will be able to get them from pickpocketing, the light creature agility course and more.

• To clarify, light creature familiars will only ‘crush’ energy, and not memories. This means that you will be gaining purely memories from wisps. This allows you to save inventory space for memories. You will gain Divination XP for crushing energy, which will work out as slightly more rewarding than using that energy to convert memories at a crater. Basically, the light creatures are for people who aren’t interested in divination energy.

• The light creature familiar will only remove the negative effects of the first 15 green tears from the Tears of Guthix cave

• The light creature will be temporarily dismissed while you enter the Tears of Guthix cave, but its passive ability will still apply

• The impling collecting reward will now be triple XP, not double XP, on caught implings

• On completing the Impling Collector codex, the player will be able to choose between gaining triple XP or double items

• On completing the Impling Collector codex, the player will also receive an elf outfit (‘thinker’ class)

• As a player catches an impling, that impling appears in the impling collector’s house, so a player has a visual record of which implings they have collected. These implings will be permanent additions, but cannot be caught.

• The document was slightly unclear and implied that you would be able to barehanded catch implings in Puro Puro. This will not be the case – you will still need jars to catch implings here.

• Some players wanted more Summoning training methods in this section. It is worth noting that the Summoning pickpocketing NPCs will be an effective way of gaining charms, acting in a very similar manor to the ‘pickpocketing summoners’ update that we have talked about previously 

Changes from Document 4.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Jujus will also require the hunter and farm levels to use them https://twitter.com/JagexOsborne/status/478540349304877057 

Hefin:

• Medium and large lamps will not be available from the Hefin agility course

Meilyr:

• The level 95 Dungeoneering resource dungeon will unlock a gorajo, which will appear both here and in the Daemonheim camp. This gorajo will offer the player one card each day. Like clue scrolls, the player will not be able to own more than one card at a time. These cards can be taken into a Dungeoneering floor, when they will be used up, giving the player a benefit for that dungeon. Examples of these abilities might include the following, but are subject to change as we continue designing:

o Far more likely for slayer creatures to spawn

o Players can activate guide mode without an XP forfeit

o Double damage on Dungeoneering boss

o You can open all skill doors regardless of your level

o Completing a floor gives you an extra Sinkholes ticket (uncommon)

o Double dungeoneering tokens (uncommon)

o Double Dungeoneering XP from the floor (uncommon)

o Double skill XP from the floor (uncommon) 

• Various divine locations will appear randomly in the level 95 resource dungeon. A player can gather from just one of these locations until it exhausts per day, without contributing to the player’s resource limit. 

• The runite rocks will be removed from the level 95 Dungeoneering resource dungeon, since runite rocks are already offered in other resource dungeons (and in the Elf City)

• As a note, future updates are planned that will offer resource dungeons between levels 95 and 115 Dungeoneering

• The frost dragons will be removed from the level 115 Dungeoneering resource dungeon, since their proximity to a bank chest has been questioned. They will be replaced by new slayer creatures – the stalkers. These will range from combat level 150 to 180 (non-Legacy combat levels), and will be similar to the slayer stalkers and World Gorger. The stalkers will be added as a slayer task to Morvran and Kuradal, and will drop items that are useful specifically in the Elf City, as well as – more rarely – Dungeoneering cards (so a player can gain more than one per day).

• It was not clear in the design document about how the motherlode shards would work (the motherlode shards are gained from the summer promotion). An NPC in the Elf City, outside of the resource dungeon, will exchange 10 motherlode shards for 1 free go on the motherlode rock. The player will NOT have to access the 115 dungeon to spend their motherlode shards. The NPC will act as a motherlode rock for motherlode shards, and will give the player the item. There may be small changes to the motherlode drop table for those who use shards

• The motherlode rock will now require level 95 in all skills to mine (and 115 in Dungeoneering). This makes it more exclusive, and means we can add more rewarding and high level items to its drop table.

• The core aims of the motherlode rock have subtly changed, thanks to your feedback. Instead of giving the player elements that are required for the trimmed comp requirement, the motherlode rock will be mined for items that gently push a player to the completionist cape, while also offering ‘full sets’ of items. For example:

o Shattered Heart rock

o Golden Shattered Heart rock

o Crystal half-keys, crystal keys, crystal triskelions and crystal geodes

o Fight Kiln power-up crystals (only one at a time, like a clue scroll)

o A full range of juju potions (uncommon)

o Consumable items that specifically improve my damage output against nihil, QBD, KBD, volcanic creatures, airut or Dominion Tower bosses (these are all directly or indirectly connected to completion cape tasks)

o A consumable item that temporarily increases the rate at which a player receives Livid Farm product points

o A full range of perfect potions (rare)

o Ancient effigies (rare)

o A full range of combination potions (very rare)

o A full range of dragon gear (very rare)

o A full range of elf crystal weaponry (very rare)

o Crystal acorn (very rare)

• Other things to keep in mind about the motherlode rock. The following items will not be on the motherlode rock’s drop table: court case scrolls, tokens towards chompy kills, Castle Wars tickets, champion scrolls. Trimmed completion will remain as something that players have to actively pursue themselves with regard to the Elf City.

o Key tokens will only be gained from the motherlode rocks at the same rarity as they would be from conventional mining rocks.

o There will be thematic reasoning for how a motherlode rock can give these items

• Juju potions will still be tradable, but they will have a Herblore requirement if you want to drink them. This herblore requirement is the same as the level required to make them. This means that high-level players can purchase large quantities of juju potions if they want to make perfect potions, while low level players will not be able to use them.

• Juju herblore potions will no longer be an ingredient for perfect potions. The other juju potions will remain as ingredients, however. This is because the juju herblore potion is more widely used than the other juju potions. – 

• The perfect mining potion will now have a chance of giving you noted ores at the tier you are mining, rather than simply giving you coal. The ore that you gather will be of that tier, and (more rarely) that tier plus one. If you are mining runite, you have a chance of gaining high-level gems. This should make the perfect mining potion more attractive.

• Perfect prayer potion will not increase the XP gained from gilded altar (many players found this to be overpowered). Instead, you will gain the effect of a gilded altar with lit candles even when you do not have them lit. We may decide to add more abilities to this potion if that effect is not considered strong enough.

• To clarify, crystal flasks will be tradeable, same as other flasks.

• Depending on time (as the code will require a great deal of work) a player will be able to decant crystal flask potions in a manner that allows them to be used in combination potions. 

• Wildfire Potion and Burning Potions will be added to the 20 combination potions, taking us up to 22 in total. These are the ranged and magic equivalents of the Berserker Potion (now renamed Firestorm potion), and will be a combination of Extreme Magic/Extreme Ranged and Extreme Defence. They will all be level 91 Herblore to make, will be found in Dungeoneering, and will cost 200,000gp.

• We are aware that some combination potions will have effects that carry two different durations – the overload antifire, for example, which will have a 5 minute overload duration and a 10 minute antifire duration. Rather than nerf the antifire duration to bring it inline with the overload duration, we are going to leave this as it is. It will be up to you to decide whether or not you want to take another sip from your overload antifire.

• To clarify, the Perfect Plus potion will give all of the combined abilities of the perfect potions, not the combination potions.

• The chance of finding a combination potion recipe in Dungeoneering will increase depending on the player’s combined Herblore and Dungeoneering levels. This chance will increase sharply if the player has max levels.

• A cupboard will be added to the herblore shop, where the player will be able to store any number of max-dose perfect potions and combination potions

Changes from Document 5.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.