Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

Miss Lioness

So imagine what crystal pickaxe and hatchet would be like.

meh dragonpick is already too fast at gem rocks to relax and watch movie

it'd be great for rune, that's still slow as hell with dpick

owell

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I think tip toeing around dragon items is stupid. Just move on already. They were made too rare to begin with. Just make the higher tier tools self obtained rather than sold.

I think using dragon as a base component to build on is an alright idea. Even in terms of lore its supposed to be a near indestructible metal that was fabricated on freneskae (which oddly wasn't touched on in any lore shown in FOTG). I wouldn't necessarily try building on something so weak as runite or lower. Armours such as barrows (created by sliske), sirenic (unexplained as of yet... Most likely related to the sirens)/malevolent (created by an empowered sliske)/seismic (created by the anima munda) are hinted as being heavily magically fortified/imbued/etc. Dragon can be potentially thrown in that as well though, too since it was forged and created by the dragonkin using their heightened dragonfire.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The fact that there are still level 60 items worth millions of coins is a testament to how messed up the tier system is

There has to be other alternative level 60 gear out there... The fact that dragon is worth millions isn't as bad a you make it in light of other games with low end gear that players overprice due to their desire for other uses. I am more specifically referring to WoW's "twink gear." The only difference between both games is how that gear use used - both are overpriced for different desires.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The fact that there are still level 60 items worth millions of coins is a testament to how messed up the tier system is

There has to be other alternative level 60 gear out there... The fact that dragon is worth millions isn't as bad a you make it in light of other games with low end gear that players overprice due to their desire for other uses. I am more specifically referring to WoW's "twink gear." The only difference between both games is how that gear use used - both are overpriced for different desires.

Dragon hatchets are level 61 hatchets.

Crystal hatchets are level 71 hatchets.

If your woodcutting level is greater than or equal to 71, you should not be using a dragon hatchet.

Dragon hatchets are for players between 61 and 71 woodcutting.

Dragon hatchets have the singular use of training woodcutting from 61 to 71.

The value of dragon hatchets does not matter to someone above 71 woodcutting because someone above 71 woodcutting should be using a crystal hatchet.

It does not matter how bad another game's economy is because RuneScape's economy is entirely independent of every other game's economy.

I like it, my only disagreement is nondegrading.

Why would you want tools which are level 71 to degrade? They don't have any special properties, they would just be normal tools which a higher chance of success. I could see if they had special properties, but I don't think anyone is asking for that. And I for one really want them to be able to be added to my toolbelt. and if they degraded or had special properties they wouldn't allow us to do that.
A constant upkeep on your crystal tool would allow for replayable content. would also keep dragon viable for those who don't want to manage the upkeep (plus all other crystal gear degrades)

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I like it, my only disagreement is nondegrading.

Why would you want tools which are level 71 to degrade? They don't have any special properties, they would just be normal tools which a higher chance of success. I could see if they had special properties, but I don't think anyone is asking for that. And I for one really want them to be able to be added to my toolbelt. and if they degraded or had special properties they wouldn't allow us to do that.
A constant upkeep on your crystal tool would allow for replayable content. would also keep dragon viable for those who don't want to manage the upkeep (plus all other crystal gear degrades)

I believe crystal chimes do not. And if looking at tools the only tool we have (at present) is the saw which gives a +3 bonus. So it makes sense there is some downside I will think 28 uses is a bit too extreme, but that is for another discussion. But these will not give any such bonus so I don't think this applies. And I know it keeps getting mentioned, but why do we need to keep dragon viable or valuable it is level 61! I'm almost 90 woodcutting and mining, why should I still be using level 61 equipment? If you want to keep dragon viable for longer lets talk about making crystal hatchet and pick level 81 instead of 71. Then it will be viable for a full 20 levels of training.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Actually making crystal tools level 81 would be better because it saves Jagex from having to release level 71 gear lol.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea honestly. Come to think of it I would actually prefer it.  :shades: 

But it would kill the Adze and Imcando at that point. even with their effects. (which honestly I couldn't care less and I just made my Imcando 2 weeks ago)

90.png

max.png

Being best in slot is enough of a "bonus" I think. I think keeping the second best option viable is good because who doesn't like options?

Tranquil.png

Being best in slot is enough of a "bonus" I think. I think keeping the second best option viable is good because who doesn't like options?

Dragon would still be an option just like rune is still an option now for those who cannot get Dragon for any reason. And for those who cannot get Crystal, Dragon will still be there.

And by "bonus" I had meant extra effect or some extra stats beyond being best in slot. And we can't expect Crystal to be best in slot forever either.

90.png

max.png

But what's the problem with upkeep? I highly doubt if they implemented crystal gear they'd add a new bis for a long time and the added effectiveness can be earned while also gaining xp in other skills from the city. I don't see the negative other than more effort

Tranquil.png

Probably.

Out of curiosity, would you be opposed to an upgrade system if they stuck to items that are obtained as quest rewards or through shops, like the dragon halberd/various bane items?

Didn't we have this discussion before?

I think I said I wouldn't be ok with it but idr

there's no real reason to make the tools degrade because skilling isn't profitable enough to actually justify trying to jack up the cost more

degrading equipment was mostly a tax on the people with the highest incomes....PvM

in addition, best in slot NOW doesn't mean best in slot later, although that's still unrelated to skilling income still being generally way lower than PvM income, because of things like PUTTING SKILLING TOOLS ON PVM CONTENT

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

The degrading part of the tools will just be replaced by crystal seeds dropped. Unless you are incapable to pickpocket or kill elves then you are pretty much screwed out of getting the t81 tools. That and not afford the base components... The axe is pretty cheap anyways.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well goodfight any more good responses as my thread got moved to the suggestions forums =/.... Like noone ever looks there =C.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Dragon hatchets are level 61 hatchets.

Crystal hatchets are level 71 hatchets.

If your woodcutting level is greater than or equal to 71, you should not be using a dragon hatchet.

Dragon hatchets are for players between 61 and 71 woodcutting.

Dragon hatchets have the singular use of training woodcutting from 61 to 71.

The value of dragon hatchets does not matter to someone above 71 woodcutting because someone above 71 woodcutting should be using a crystal hatchet.

It does not matter how bad another game's economy is because RuneScape's economy is entirely independent of every other game's economy.

This isn't combat though;

atm it seems to me skilling-wise Dpick is way higher then just level 60 gear. Someone at 99 wc will want to use the best because cutting magics or mining rune is slow as f

???why are we blindly looking at level

because i don't like spending half an hour trying to get wood from one tree

words of wisdom

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Why exactly do we need higher tier tools? Everyone just uses the best one anyway and there's no real difference between them.

Because there IS a noticeably difference between the success rates etc. on each tier of tool and 'everyone just uses the best' is EXACTLY why we need the higher tiers.

Everyone is using dragon because dragon is so low. 64 is 1/32th and 57 is 1/64th of the way to 99 - the current best tools you can use are so so so so so low that everyone can easily get to the stage of using them.

71 (the next tier) would be 1/16th of the way

81 would be right between 1/8th (78) and 1/4 (85)

91 would be just udner 1/2 (92)

Its not a bad thing that people use the best and don't use the lesser models, when levels allow - it is however a bad thing that every CAN use the best at such a low point of progress. It's just plain stupid that we get no upgrades to our tools for over 31/32th of the skill content.

Also @above we aren't 'blindly' looking at level - the items are tiered and as such each tier will be better than the one before. A lvl 71 tool will beat a level 61 tool, every tier is a significant improvement on the lesser tier. The only reason dragon tools seem so much better than other t60 gear is because we do not have better. Dragon gear was absolutely end of the world can do no better amazing gear in general...until barrows came. Then barrows was a god among gods and no pro player would be without it...until bandos came. Then every player worth their salt had Bandos and no-one could imagine anything being more powerful...until nex armours came. Dragon hatchet and pick only seem so amazing because there is nothing better at present, it wasn't that long ago (for pick especially) that rune was the god of gods and how could it get any better?!?!

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue