Elf City – Design Documents - General Elf City Discussion

Miss Lioness

What if higher tiers that were added only boosted rates for the higher resources?

So power mining rates wouldn't climb but it would be useful for chopping yews/magics, mining runite/addy, and maybe a slight boost to mithril or maples. LRC rates wouldn't rise but it would be useful for skillers who actually want the materials.

• Like 1
Chaoy2.png

High levels shouldn't be gathering low level resources

What if i want to go DIY to create my own urns, craft my own rings for divination, or farm my own marrentill for the altar burners?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What if i want to go DIY to create my own urns, craft my own rings for divination, or farm my own marrentill for the altar burners?

Then you'd be wasting your time

But on the bright side you get some nice powerful tools to use so good for you

Variety is the spice of life... even on runescape oddly enough.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Variety is the spice of life... even on runescape oddly enough.

I think Urza's point was that there are certain activities/resources that only require low/medium levels but are useful across the spectrum. However, I think the actual issue there is that there aren't higher-level alternatives for many things - you can't make a skilling urn equivalent out of red sandstone, for instance.

2dgucz6.png

One just need a bit of soft clay and glassblowing to get around.

When it has a use, it doesn't really matter what level you require.

• Like 1
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

then you'd be gathering it at the same maximum rate as somebody who was like, maybe ten levels above the requirement, or had the sense to just go murder some chaos druids/abby specs for low level herbs while employing a macaw, or lrc gold mine

oh my god that's so slow aaaaaah

(in reality, you'd just have that effing soft clay spot in elf city, i mean, come on)

8f14270694.jpg

Just finished listening to the podcast and I'm happy to hear they are reviewing the idea of adding Crystal Pickaxes and Hatchets. While it didn't sound too promising it is a start.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

It's interesting how they said they spoke of them early on then decided not to - like was this not really predictable? Very all on they said elf city would bring a new tier of tools and almost immediately all the focus for that was pick and hatchet they literally set us up with the expectation to then just go 'lol nope'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just finished listening to the podcast and I'm happy to hear they are reviewing the idea of adding Crystal Pickaxes and Hatchets. While it didn't sound too promising it is a start.

It's interesting how they said they spoke of them early on then decided not to - like was this not really predictable? Very all on they said elf city would bring a new tier of tools and almost immediately all the focus for that was pick and hatchet they literally set us up with the expectation to then just go 'lol nope'

Like everyone expected Crystal Hatched/Pickaxe right from the start. If they are unsure of on how to implement it, why not look into my suggestion which I spammed them to death with already hence they aren't answering.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The other big take away for me was they actually mentioned the skill reworks with mention of talking about them and maybe getting one of them on the books next year.

THANK ZAROS!

It's about time 'power to the player' actually made them listen on issues like sorely overdue skill reworks.

I think the ones they NEED to hit asap are summon, mine/smith and construction.

Summon because it has not been eoc-fixed and it needs to be, but hopefully Mod Krista's work with Chris' AI will be rework enough.

Mine/smith needs doing because its been spoke of among players for so many years and Jagex themselves brought it up like 5 years ago now.

Construction pure and simply because they TOLD us it would be out last year and failed to deliver.

After that agility and firemaking probably deserve a once over the most and hopefully fish/cook, wc/fletch and crafting can be rejigged fairly quickly using mine/smith as template.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

tbh, while construction is overdue, it's probably not the most pressing issue as compared to the whole item creating tier system and stuff like how prayer is trained, and what that requires

summoning needs more of a rework in the sense that it was never actually made that useful for combat below level 90 summoning, and most of the familiars are just terrible filler all the way through

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

if it's a rare chance at a couple tickets every day I don't think that's much to worry about, but I can see how in principle it makes very little sense lol.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Not fond of champ scrolls being there, just seems a bit unbalanced because everything else saves you a little time here or there. A couple chompy kills, a rock, a cw ticket, etc. Champ scrolls could save you a lot more time. If anything the champ scrolls should be the rarest thing there if they want to keep them.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

i know a guy who can hook you up with those

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Not fond of champ scrolls being there, just seems a bit unbalanced because everything else saves you a little time here or there. A couple chompy kills, a rock, a cw ticket, etc. Champ scrolls could save you a lot more time. If anything the champ scrolls should be the rarest thing there if they want to keep them.

Next week on the Squeel of Fortune...

No thanks.

• Like 1

Its just a complimentory piece to those hunting the trim requirements and gaining experience.

They are akin to the triskellion and crystal keys when compared to skilling.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Is the ability to mine for them a bit of an immersion breaker to anyone else? I mean, you dig into a crystal motherlode in a city that hasn't had contact with humans in god knows how long... And you find a personalized court summons for an upcoming case.

I thought the point was we'd get the motherlode shards and then trade them to someone for the item and not just directly get the item.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19