The Mighty Fall - June 2nd

Miss Lioness

So did anyone

[hide]kill Zanik?[/hide]

[hide]I did, was a bit brutal. You impale her on that Klingon weapon and then have a close up of her betrayed and pain ridden face. Then you throw her into the green goo. Ur-tag wasn't too impressed with me[/hide]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

So did anyone

[hide]kill Zanik?[/hide]

[hide]I did, was a bit brutal. You impale her on that Klingon weapon and then have a close up of her betrayed and pain ridden face. Then you throw her into the green goo. Ur-tag wasn't too impressed with me[/hide]

[hide=]worth it though. she was being rather annoying[/hide]

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

So did anyone

[hide]kill Zanik?[/hide]

[hide]worth it though. she was being rather annoying[/hide]

[hide]Yeah, that was quite a change in her character. For some reason the Zanik in today's quest didn't really feel like the Zanik who we worked with to fight Bandos 5 years ago.[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I have to say the Bandos lore book was rather interesting.

Spoilt, petty child much?

Also interesting to see that the Edicts sword stabby moment wasn't as finite as we all thought (as it it didn't erect the edicts and immediately force everyone out) it seems as thought it erected it and simultaneously Guthix pushed Sara and Zammy out before then visiting the other gods that had to be dealt with in turn.

Nice touch makes a bit more sense how Seren had time to decide to explode instead of leave and a more satisfying structure to the idea Guthix 'let' Brassica stay - it wasn't a special edict feature he just literally did not see a reason to send him packing.

Though it does rather pose a shade more interest on the point of Tumeken's status since in lore sources we have seen his silhouette amongst the 'waiting to return', been told he went to sleep instead of leave, been told while 'sleeping' her literally divided into 4 pieces to make het crondis apmken and scarabas and been told he literally exploded to stop the mahjratt war and wasn't seen again. Plus it makes Guthix seem a bit prudeish since he made Marimbo leave, though we do not really finite know if Marimbo was actually here when the edicts happened.

I have to say I agree on the Zanik change, I went for the kind route on the basis that she might've been attacking weird due to the impending death milarky and it did pan out - she seemed much more herself afterwards looking to the future and her next adventure as being on a world where Bandos had resided so long revived her. But it still just wasn't quite right - she seemed so defeatist because she was dying opposed to the feisty I might die but I'll go down swinging attitude she had before; it almost felt like it was just an excuse to avoid needing to write dialogue in which we persuade her we will fight for her because she is too weak.

On a similar 'disappointed' note I'm mildly sad that the tournament structure was not 7th and 8th seed fight, victor (the new 7th seed) fights the 6th seed and so on; just seemed like we were gonna fight more of them the way everything was spoke of in the run up. However the current format does work, it was mostly a pr issue, BUT I would've liked at option to see cutscenes of the other fights (Lol vs Mono, Graador vs Hobnob, Bork vs Ogre and Graador vs Bork) especially after reading the flavour text that explains what happened on the board.

Whilst on the topic does it not seem mildly lazy that they did not name the ogre champion? (unless for some reason it wasn't on the board and i somehow missed it when talking to people) I mean they made a point of giving Lol a name and backstory and creating Mono and Hobnob special.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So did anyone

[hide]kill Zanik?[/hide]

[hide]worth it though. she was being rather annoying[/hide]

[hide]Yeah, that was quite a change in her character. For some reason the Zanik in today's quest didn't really feel like the Zanik who we worked with to fight Bandos 5 years ago.[/hide]

[hide]I just felt like after her graphical "update", putting her out of her misery was the humane thing to do.[/hide]

• Like 2

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I'm really sick of having to click on things five+ times in combat to have my character react. Game just completely ignores my clicks when I try to eat food or click on a different enemy to fight mid-combat.

• Like 4

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

That teleport reward may possibly be the best reward they've given us in the last 5 years.

I fully agree. Today was a good day.

Now we just need a tele to the entrance of TDs, please?

• Like 1

09144a99bb.png

...Why do they make a quest with 79 Attack/Strength... Then release a weapon with a lower requirement that can't be traded? It's almost like the Dragon Staff/Warhammers all over again, I just don't get it...

Korasi's sword

The Korasi sword had a huge niche for a long time though. It was worth using over a whip or even Z-spear for a while. Not to mention, it was amazing for rushing and we didn't have t90 weapons.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

There should never be untradable weapons that require a quest that requires X stat, but the weapon has a requirement of X-Y..

Unless, the weapon is tradable, and usable by those who did not do the quest, in which case, the weapon only has value if it useful compared to other things.

Look at the rune halbred, back a bit before EOC.. It was one of the only melee weapons that could attack at range. All you needed was 40 attack to wear it. But, in order to obtain it, you needed to have done Regicide which at the time, was quite hard.

However, those who did the quest could buy it, and use it, but could also re-sell it for nearly 100% profit to those who could not do the quest.

Rune hallys would not have been nearly as useful if you required not only Regicide to use it, but if it were untradable as well.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The Korasi sword had a huge niche for a long time though. It was worth using over a whip or even Z-spear for a while. Not to mention, it was amazing for rushing and we didn't have t90 weapons.

It's still actually quite good :>. Almost as good as chaotic and they're looking to re-implent specs so yay!

I'm really sick of having to click on things five+ times in combat to have my character react. Game just completely ignores my clicks when I try to eat food or click on a different enemy to fight mid-combat.

also this ^ 9999

what the [bleep] am I even paying for, at some monsters it's fixed but @frosties/jadinko lair it's still absolutely horrible. Oh I can't go get this drop real quik? hnngggggggg

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

also this ^ 9999

what the [bleep] am I even paying for, at some monsters it's fixed but @frosties/jadinko lair it's still absolutely horrible. Oh I can't go get this drop real quik? hnngggggggg

I keep dying at Yelps because of it. Summons a new minion, click attack, click, click, click, click, my character is still attacking Yelps, click, press Z for food, press it again, again, again, still haven't eaten anything, and then I'm dead.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think that's specific to Revolution; if you do full-manual it shouldn't be an issue.

In other news, time to panicsell saradomin swords. Superior kyzaj has a higher prayer bonus and otherwise equivalent stats.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I think that's specific to Revolution; if you do full-manual it shouldn't be an issue.

In other news, time to panicsell saradomin swords. Superior kyzaj has a higher prayer bonus and otherwise equivalent stats.

Not like you'd be losing much from Saradomin sword price falling anyway.
  • Like 1

To be honest thats the least I've enjoyed a quest in quite some time, and I normally love quests. The whole thing just seemed very clunky: the map was horribly clunky to navigate, made worse by the repeated pointless journeys to and from zanik. The bosses and their mechanics were clunky and of course then theres zaniks face- the most clunky thing of all. These combined sucked the enjoyment out of it and made me just wish for the end to come sooner.

Also, did anyone else find it a bit strange that they didnt bother updating Borks graphics- he just looked daft next to the other large npc's with much newer graphics..

I didn't like the mechanics of the fights or the quest in general. I also really didn't like the graphical change to Zanik/Yelps... just... ugh.

I liked the lore insight (god, I wasn't sure how I felt about Bandos before, but now? [bleep]ing hate the guy.), and I liked that we got to talk a bit with Bork. I really do wonder why he was well-spoken...

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

A great little quest. That last fight was hard though, mostly because there seems to be some kind of strange lag/bug something when that special smashing attack is used. On the notes of Zanik...

She did seem different indeed. I didn't like it. And why did Jagex have to make us say good bye to her? I will miss her, really. She is, according to me, our character's best friend. We have been through a huge lot together, and now they have to make her leave for Yu'Biusk? And dying? Come on. There could have been so many better options! :(

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

A great little quest. That last fight was hard though, mostly because there seems to be some kind of strange lag/bug something when that special smashing attack is used. On the notes of Zanik...

She did seem different indeed. I didn't like it. And why did Jagex have to make us say good bye to her? I will miss her, really. She is, according to me, our character's best friend. We have been through a huge lot together, and now they have to make her leave for Yu'Biusk? And dying? Come on. There could have been so many better options! :(

Not dying. (unless you killed her)

She said she was even feeling stronger by the end of the quest.

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg