Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Less metal, more skin on females. Because being nude gives an awesome defence. Logic

Lots of games have this. Females make up for their lower strength by having higher defence, and males can wear the same set of armor, so females have extra. It's all in the interest of game balance. :smile:

Although compared to some mmo armors I've seen, the bonuses of the newer bandos look are firmly grounded in reality. (Bet you didn't know a pure gold bikini gives more than double the defence of enchanted plate armor :shades: )

Edit: Ninja'd by Q and Alg.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Less metal, more skin on females. Because being nude gives an awesome defence. Logic

Everybody knows that's how it is. More skin equals more attractive bits that mustn't be touched! Think of it as a charisma bonus to armour :D.

From this we also conclude that all female (humanoid) monsters must be gay (or at least bisexual). Not sure what that makes non-humans, especially cave slimes...

I am getting some serious slave Princess Leia from the new look of the tassets.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

When these armour things comes up it always reminds me of this screenshot I saw of some game or other it showed a specific armour set on men and on women and women underwear.

Men it was massive hulking metal plates all over the shop.

Women it was a very small bikini thing.

Then to add insult to injury, women underwear form was like a knee-length nightgown type thing.

So it was like waaat? underwear = more clothes coverage than full armour

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

All looking great. :) Especially Black Knights in Tav and Daquarius's Black Knight Brand Immitation Torva :thumbup:

I get the feeling from the reproportioned chicks that a full player kit upgrade might be coming.

I'm also continually disgusted by the look of longswords...

2dgucz6.png

All looking great. :) Especially Black Knights in Tav and Daquarius's Black Knight Brand Immitation Torva :thumbup:

Haha yes, that's exactly want I was thinking :P

I'm also continually disgusted by the look of longswords...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Does the female model showing more skin than the male model bother you? If this weren't the case, how would we be able to differentiate sex? Also, how logical is it that Bandos, a very large goblin God, drops armor that fits perfectly on humans?

As Bandos armor has always been either half or fully made of what looks like cloth depending on gender, and even then only covering half of the body, removing some cloth really wouldn't hurt defence at all. Removing plates from something like Torva is one thing, but Bandos in my eyes has always been a berserker armor, most defence coming from any blessings or enchantments put on it.

The lass in Arma is weilding that bow in her left hand as well.

Years of being bothered by this will finally end!

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Does the female model showing more skin than the male model bother you? If this weren't the case, how would we be able to differentiate sex? Also, how logical is it that Bandos, a very large goblin God, drops armor that fits perfectly on humans?

You're not fighting Bandos in the God Wars Dungeon, you're fighting General Graador. And you could differentiate between sexes quite fine considering that their body shapes are completely different. You don't need extra skin shown achieve the same effect when the previous methods have worked well for over 5 years.

hzvjpwS.gif

Think this is the best topic to post in, Mod Jacmob has meant to have revealed that Optimus will come out in July and that it 'will not be delayed further'.

Edit -

Page 96, Mod Tom B [qfc]25-26-368-63605929[/qfc]

So that was earlier on in the month but it would seem Jacmob has moreso confirmed it will be next month now.

That's good to hear. I figured they would be releasing it in time for the summer break.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

But it's enjoyed more by males playing as female characters than it is by actual female players. I doubt female players want to look like that.

I'm sure some girls do. I'm also sure not all guys who play girl characters want to look like that. Probably the majority...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Think this is the best topic to post in, Mod Jacmob has meant to have revealed that Optimus will come out in July and that it 'will not be delayed further'.

Edit -

So that was earlier on in the month but it would seem Jacmob has moreso confirmed it will be next month now.

Does that mean I can finally tell people who say, "Optimus already came out and it did nothing!@#!@" to shut the [bleep] up...kindly?! :D

hzvjpwS.gif

Edit -

Does that mean I can finally tell people who say, "Optimus already came out and it did nothing!@#!@" to shut the [bleep] up...kindly?! :D

Indeed!

You're not fighting Bandos in the God Wars Dungeon, you're fighting General Graador. And you could differentiate between sexes quite fine considering that their body shapes are completely different. You don't need extra skin shown achieve the same effect when the previous methods have worked well for over 5 years.

don't pretend you don't understand fan service in video games :---)

don't pretend you don't understand fan service in video games :---)

That's completely irrelevant to what you were pointing out as a means to defend the act. :P We all get what fan-service is.

hzvjpwS.gif

Looks awesome. I love the red and green motif. Those ladders leading down into a glowing green oblivion get me especially excited.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

My mistake. But as for your other point, I still see nothing wrong with female player models showing more skin than their male counterparts. It isn't sexist or even a chauvinistic portrayal since there are plenty of "strong" female representations already. (Warrior Women and Kuradal come to mind). I for one welcome more revealing (if you can even call seeing one's belly button revealing) a welcome change of pace.

But it's enjoyed more by males playing as female characters than it is by actual female players. I doubt female players want to look like that.

I'm sure some girls do. I'm also sure not all guys who play girl characters want to look like that. Probably the majority...

Trust me, the guys who pretend to be girls get the most into it. I can tell the difference within 5 sentences typed, and let me tell you, the males get so into the whole dress up thing. One friend of mine who I met through forums had the cute hair colour and face and all that stuff planned, and had a series of outfits planned and all that crap. When he finally admitted to being a guy I had a pretty clear image of what guy-r-l players that have girl avatars are like... they'll tell you so many lies over the course of your friendship, and it's just so messed up.

Looks like there will be some new graphics as well, unless those are due out with the combat update.

Those combat stances and prayer icons are all associated with the combat update, I should we've just reach the point where some/all of that is on the 'normal' test servers, especially for something like a PvP update as they'll need to make sure it works now and have a rebalance ready to go live with the combat update.

It's kind of doubling their workload when they release QBD and stuff atm because alllll the old bosses etc. have obvious been gone through to rebalance, but any new combat gear and monsters have to be built both for the now and for the post-update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue