Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Port Sarim rework is ready, they just have to find a place for it in the update shedule.

Also: boooh for 120 capes!

Wow port sarm gfx rework... who say that coming? I'm thinking it won't just be gfx, but als some other stuff in it too.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm in favor of raising the level cap to 120.. But I don't know how I will feel if they made comp req to have 120 everything. Would the time it takes to train the slower skills, say, agility, be a decent trade off for the cape?

But still, don't get me started in how much I dislike how the comp cape words :p

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I would like capes for level 120's worth of XP, but perhaps only one claimable at a time. IMO it would be nice for people to be able to have "true mastery" in a single skill - hopefully the one that's their real favorite - but not feel obligated to achieve 120 in all skills.

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

I wouldn't mind seeing capes for '120' (or other landmark xp amounts) as long as the level cap did not rise and we were not obligated to get those capes for the comp cape since they are beyond complete opposed to part of it. Though maybe they could make like an 'ultra' comp cape add on for both cape variants for those with all the higher capes too.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wouldn't mind seeing capes for '120' (or other landmark xp amounts) as long as the level cap did not rise and we were not obligated to get those capes for the comp cape since they are beyond complete opposed to part of it. Though maybe they could make like an 'ultra' comp cape add on for both cape variants for those with all the higher capes too.

Trimmed trim comp cape?

• Like 1

sculpin_ipa.png

...120 only worked for Dungeoneering because they designed it around that number. :wall:

99 would have worked equally well for dungeons.

60 floors, 99 lvls, that is an average of 1 floor per 1.65 level. Some lvls would unlock no floors, some lvls would unlock 2 floors. I don't see what the big deal is. I think the problem is that they made the xp/hr far too fast at 90+ dungeons.. Or they expected people to do floors a lot slower.

That said, am I the only one who thinks that comp capes are unfair? I understand they wanted to make something BiC, but as a piece of armor used for combat, it is horribly unbalanced.

And no, unless they are going to calculate TOTAL LEVEL into combat, it is unbalanced because it acts as EVERY best cape slot item in the game. Mage cape crit, ava's crit and pickup.. Plus people who already had comp just needed to get 4 scrolls to have the reefwalker cape. Unfair for everyone without a comp.

If you ask me, you should be able to merge capes AND rings together, based off of total level. If you are lvl 90 all stats, let you put two or three of my capes or rings together. A BiC item should be earned by obtaining each piece of it, and putting it together. Not by doing a lot of irreverent work and "poof" getting something that does everything.

And I'm putting on my flame shield right now. :-)

...120 only worked for Dungeoneering because they designed it around that number. :wall:

60 floors, 99 lvls, that is an average of 1 floor per 1.65 level. Some lvls would unlock no floors, some lvls would unlock 2 floors. I don't see what the big deal is. I think the problem is that they made the xp/hr far too fast at 90+ dungeons.. Or they expected people to do floors a lot slower.

That said, am I the only one who thinks that comp capes are unfair? I understand they wanted to make something BiC, but as a piece of armor used for combat, it is horribly unbalanced.

And no, unless they are going to calculate TOTAL LEVEL into combat, it is unbalanced because it acts as EVERY best cape slot item in the game. Mage cape crit, ava's crit and pickup.. Plus people who already had comp just needed to get 4 scrolls to have the reefwalker cape. Unfair for everyone without a comp.

If you ask me, you should be able to merge capes AND rings together, based off of total level. If you are lvl 90 all stats, let you put two or three of my capes or rings together. A BiC item should be earned by obtaining each piece of it, and putting it together. Not by doing a lot of irreverent work and "poof" getting something that does everything.

I failed to see how it is unfair.

In order to own and use a comp cape you need to have access to all the items it gives the stats of.

Every last teleport, stat and other function the cape offers is something you already have access too at that point and when they do add new stats there are matching requirements in order to reobtain it.

You have to of beaten the mage arena and thus have the god cape, you have to have done the quests and thus have ava's device and the lava cape and the bonesack teleports, you have to of done all the tasks thus having the ardougne teleports and you have to of obtained the scrolls and have the stats to make superior reefwalker cape this having the stats.

Comp Cape is in all but action doing exactly what you suggest -  it is combining all the best capes you have obtained along the road to meeting all the requirements for it.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I failed to see how it is unfair.

In order to own and use a comp cape you need to have access to all the items it gives the stats of.

Every last teleport, stat and other function the cape offers is something you already have access too at that point and when they do add new stats there are matching requirements in order to reobtain it.

You have to of beaten the mage arena and thus have the god cape, you have to have done the quests and thus have ava's device and the lava cape and the bonesack teleports, you have to of done all the tasks thus having the ardougne teleports and you have to of obtained the scrolls and have the stats to make superior reefwalker cape this having the stats.

Comp Cape is in all but action doing exactly what you suggest -  it is combining all the best capes you have obtained along the road to meeting all the requirements for it.

You are incorrect about the most recent addition to the comp cape. The reefwalker cape, requires 4 scrolls to be "added" to the comp cape.

But for those who do not have the comp cape, it requires 4 scrolls AND 100 koi to obtain one.

I also fail to see how having 99 agility, mining, hunter, ect is necessary to put the functionality of those capes together. Just a personal irk

It would be nice if the comp cape originally offered no stats or benefits and would require you to add pieces to get their stat effects like how it currently works for the spirit cape.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Copied from polls:

Please everyone oppose the 120 skill cap. 120 only worked once because DG was based around every other level and had content up to 120. The rest of the skills are definitely not as polished and why would Jagex raise them if they arent even complete 1-99. Plus no one has 120 all, so why would it make logical sense to have the future of the game impossible to beat. Unless the masses ofc support a new wave of RUINEDSCAPE (which I thought they were working to revert)

• Like 2

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Seriously, it makes sense to have the best cape in the game come when you "beat" the game. Obviously you don't need those 99s to put the cape together, but they are there so the cape is rarer and not handed out to everyone. Otherwise, whats the point? Collecting all the pieces isn't that hard, the best cape in the game shouldn't be that easy to obtain.

Not sure if I will vote for the new capes at 120 or at 200M xp though. 200M xp makes logical sense (120 just randomly appeared with dungeoneering)...but if its 120 I will be able get some to wear faster. It is funny though that when these come out it will go back to how 99 capes used to be, such as everyone training cooking just to get the cape, fun stuff.

Before dungeons came out, people calculated that, with 200m xp, you'd be lvl 126 in a skill. 198m, actually, for lvl 126.

DG messed that up making 120 at 104m xp. I think they should still have lvl 120... 13m-200m is nothing. Why not show it off? Why not make that xp matter?

Before dungeons came out, people calculated that, with 200m xp, you'd be lvl 126 in a skill. 198m, actually, for lvl 126.

DG messed that up making 120 at 104m xp. I think they should still have lvl 120... 13m-200m is nothing. Why not show it off? Why not make that xp matter?

Because it warps the incentives of the game. See also: prestige.

Because it warps the incentives of the game. See also: prestige.

Not like the prestige. Prestige, it was get 99 over and over. Capping skills at 120, or 200m xp, serves the purpose of 99, but more so.

Shifting from 99 to 120 all skills would simply push the current game's problems to a later date in the future. It wouldn't solve anything.

In a couple of years, the majority of the playerbase will be maxed out again, complaining that they're bored because they maxed out and have nothing left to do. And then they'll just raise the skill cap to 126 and push the discussion back another few years. Though I have a feeling RS will be long gone by then :P

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Most skills don't even have combat in the 90s. Why do we want to add another 20 levels?

So that you get levels for 52% of a skill rather than 6.5%

Just because a skill has a 200M experience cap doesn't mean that you can use that as a measuring stick for skill completion, especially when there's no difference between someone with 13M and 200M xp.

77yLQy8.png

Most skills don't even have combat in the 90s. Why do we want to add another 20 levels?

So that you get levels for 52% of a skill rather than 6.5%

Isn't there more to skills than just getting levels, though ...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.