Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I don't want another dose of what 99 capes brought (massive increase in the number of 99s, everyone working toward them) because I don't want RS to be about that. It's not a healthy endgame. 

Runescape endgame, lol. idk why ppl moan about rs endgame.

Yeah, why do people actually have a view on the very nature of the game and sort of the game we would like to have and the sort of gameplay we would like to encourage, in order to have a fun, exciting, and healthy community? So silly. Oh wait...

This whole 120 capes thing feels like such a circlejerk to me.

You want to feel recognized? Great, that's what the highscores are for. Oh, ingame? What about a partyhat or a (trimmed) comp cape?

I don't want another dose of what 99 capes brought (massive increase in the number of 99s, everyone working toward them) because I don't want RS to be about that. It's not a healthy endgame.

Have comp (will be trimmed again once I reach final island chain), have party hat. What do you want rs to be about? It seems like minigames are mostly dead since they removed exp from pvp. Pvp still seems mostly dead. The friends I talk to on old school talk mainly about training and levelling. It seems like most players want them to be about the exp. If pker's want to come back I don't mind that, or if people want to play minigames thats fine. I wouldn't mind Jagex making pk'ing more attractive (I think mod pi is working on that) or making minigames more attractive (theres been some talk of minigame reworks, wish they hurry those up but I doubt those will be ninja team anyway). Just don't limit what people who don't subscribe to your own preferred playstyle can achieve. They need to make things more attractive and add more rewards to everything, not less.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I wouldn't mind Jagex making pk'ing more attractive (I think mod pi is working on that) or making minigames more attractive (theres been some talk of minigame reworks, wish they hurry those up but I doubt those will be ninja team anyway). Just don't limit what people who don't subscribe to your own preferred playstyle can achieve. They need to make things more attractive and add more rewards to everything, not less.

At what point has a playstyle received enough attention and development that the focus can or should be shifted to other things? Skilling and PvM have gotten tons of updates catered to them, with umpteen bosses and skilling updates, while something like the Trouble Brewing rework has been mentioned for over 6 years now and nothing has been done at all. And when are we going to take on the last four Champions of Champions anyway?

We could do well with a whole bunch of side bits-and-bobs like the trimmed reqs that XP chasers wouldn't need to touch, but would provide a good deal of playtime for those after a different type of playstyle. Sure, it'd be nice to have the 120 capes, as long as Jagex is also doing things to add content that caters to other playstyles.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I wouldn't mind Jagex making pk'ing more attractive (I think mod pi is working on that) or making minigames more attractive (theres been some talk of minigame reworks, wish they hurry those up but I doubt those will be ninja team anyway). Just don't limit what people who don't subscribe to your own preferred playstyle can achieve. They need to make things more attractive and add more rewards to everything, not less.

At what point has a playstyle received enough attention and development that the focus can or should be shifted to other things? Skilling and PvM have gotten tons of updates catered to them, with umpteen bosses and skilling updates, while something like the Trouble Brewing rework has been mentioned for over 6 years now and nothing has been done at all. And when are we going to take on the last four Champions of Champions anyway?

We could do well with a whole bunch of side bits-and-bobs like the trimmed reqs that XP chasers wouldn't need to touch, but would provide a good deal of playtime for those after a different type of playstyle. Sure, it'd be nice to have the 120 capes, as long as Jagex is also doing things to add content that caters to other playstyles.

I am looking forward to the minigame reworks. Would also be interesting to maybe make minigame cape or something thats like comp but for minigames. I do think there needs to be a focus on other portions of the game. Would love more champ scrolls, and other content. I enjoyed getting the minigame hybrid armours. I just would like something to do while they work on this stuff and this seems like a quick project for ninja team.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I am looking forward to the minigame reworks. Would also be interesting to maybe make minigame cape or something thats like comp but for minigames. I do think there needs to be a focus on other portions of the game. Would love more champ scrolls, and other content. I enjoyed getting the minigame hybrid armours. I just would like something to do while they work on this stuff and this seems like a quick project for ninja team.

These are such a [bleep]ing hassle to get these days, it's ridiculous. Nearly no one plays PC or ToG, the problem with CWars is obvious, grinding Fight Pits still works (but idk if you can do it solo anymore) and as far as I know, Soul Wars is dead. They are such good looking armour sets :( it's such a shame that so few people bother/want to get them. All I have is the tops :((((((

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

These are such a [bleep]ing hassle to get these days, it's ridiculous. Nearly no one plays PC or ToG, the problem with CWars is obvious, grinding Fight Pits still works (but idk if you can do it solo anymore) and as far as I know, Soul Wars is dead. They are such good looking armour sets :( it's such a shame that so few people bother/want to get them. All I have is the tops :((((((

Yea, I got them in the first 3 weeks or so after they came out. Now you'd pretty much need to make your own groups.

goal: make minigames ACTUALLY FUN/ENJOYABLE so that people go to them, instead of ramming rewards into them in the hopes that it will fix everything

Except they were fun and enjoyable for many, not enough players are willing to play without some sort of reward to keep them alive.

Problem: As soon as you add a decent reward, people boost it to hell.

See: BA, SC, Cwars and now Heist, along with every other minigame with half decent rewards/trim reqs.

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

The only thing I can think of to possibly remove boosting is to reward you for playing and not for how successful you are. It could still lead to boosting I suppose but maybe people wouldn't feel like boosters got an advantage. Maybe a point per minute played or something.

• Like 2

My conclusion: the problem isn't (currently) with the game, it's with the community.

It's both

The game (and by that I mean Jagex's past actions) led towards the players being so xp-oriented, but right now:

- Minigame doesn't have good enough xp rewards: people won't play it (even if the minigame is fun)

- Minigame gets updated to give good xp: it gets boosted/abused/etc. instead of played the intended way

Either way you'll change the game, the players will try and find a way to abuse the system instead of playing the intended way.

Update on Mahjarrat Memories: it will give two cosmetic rewards and will be released the week before Fate of the Gods.

In other news: the Marimbo versus Brassica event will become a minigame, located at the Saradomin Camp in Lumbridge, it will introduce new graphics for monkeys. Sadly only those in that area. There will be a poll to vote if you want the new graphics everywhere.

There will be a poll to vote if you want the new graphics everywhere.

What. But how does that...I mean you really just...That doesn't...DAJSGIGERHTIRGHJTUGQWHTUBGEWN TJGTkWR

Honestly I understand why they can't do a graphical rework of ALL the monkies in the game at once. It's the same sort of thing with how the Dwarven storyline went. But WHY poll it?

The only reason why I could even think this would be a poll option is if there's a large graphical rework batch to be voted on later on in the year and they need to pad it with unlikely choices, but even still why. '-'

hzvjpwS.gif

There's methods to counter that.

Put a damage cap into every minigame like PC or distance travelled or atleast one flag capture or atleast x... killed or... Jagex makes it possible to boost really :P

There are issues with that for some minigames like castle wars. You may need defenders on the floor right below flag in case someone breaks through, but someone may only break through 3 or 4 times a game. Games like castle wars leave a lot of sitting around time waiting just in case you're needed. In pc it makes more sense because you're only useful if killing or repairing so you can add an activity requirement.

What's mahjarrat memories?

Mod Jack's current project, basically a text miniquest like thing which will show you memories of the mahjarrat about the rise and fall of zarosian empire.

so, kinda what they did to kharshai, but slightly less implausible than a toy boat in a tree

Not sure its been described well enough to know if its like that, but probably. Also its all text and apparently over 3000 words for the project.

See: BA, SC, Cwars and now Heist, along with every other minigame with half decent rewards/trim reqs.

Not true. People usually tend to boost when some reward they want is ridiculously hard to get, like Profound Armour or Hybrid sets.

Not true. People usually tend to boost when some reward they want is ridiculously hard to get, like Profound Armour or Hybrid sets.

But how do you make something sufficiently rewarding and yet easy enough to get so it won't be boosted? 

But how do you make something sufficiently rewarding and yet easy enough to get so it won't be boosted? 

It's the easiest thing in the world to do. Don't make it require hundreds of hours like Profound armour or Hybrid armour. Not hard to do.

It's the easiest thing in the world to do. Don't make it require hundreds of hours like Profound armour or Hybrid armour. Not hard to do.

Then you get a dead minigame

• Like 1