Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

That Q&A is full of amateurism. 'None of the Jmods in support use macs, so we didn't fix mac graphic problems'. What kind of sad excuse is that? Repeat ad infinitum. Maybe we ought to get some corporate executives in there, I hear those are pretty tight on meeting deadlines.

They actually transferred the guy who was working on the Mac issues to another project and only brought him back recently when a graphical update caused various parts of Runescape (Grand Exchange, Draynor) to flicker violently (christened "seizure bars" by Reddit) for as long as you remained there (previously it was only a few seconds) which caused people to suffer from headaches and nausea. Only took nearly 3 years to fix :D

Does seem a bit short-sighted to not have at least one Mac lying around though, particularly when they have a Mac client. I know they used to have them a few years ago.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I'd like to see a Nomad quest that takes place in the past, before RotM where there is a really epic battle and he breaks the initial seal on Nex and then after a long and bloody battle, the Raptor falls through the roof and knocks the two out, and afterwards the three of them decide to go Vorago and on phase 5 the Raptor does a LEEEEROY JINKINSS on phase 5 and just runs between Vorago's legs and falls off the other side of the platform.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

My only critique of the new formula would be the *1.3 is entirely redundant and complicates things for no reason and is just a product of pandering to nostalgia.

I'd of been happy with 123 max level to do away with the multiplier that does nothing (Heck I wouldn't object to 495 to do away with the pointless /4 end)

Still catching up on the posts in this thread, so I apologize if someone answered this for you already.

Defense and your dps skills contribute to your combat power differently. The DPS skills are more important than defense, so they need to be increased by a coefficient in order to balance out. I'm not sure if 1.3 is the correct one, but it's better than what we used before.

My only critique of the new formula would be the *1.3 is entirely redundant and complicates things for no reason and is just a product of pandering to nostalgia.

I'd of been happy with 123 max level to do away with the multiplier that does nothing (Heck I wouldn't object to 495 to do away with the pointless /4 end)

Still catching up on the posts in this thread, so I apologize if someone answered this for you already.

Defense and your dps skills contribute to your combat power differently. The DPS skills are more important than defense, so they need to be increased by a coefficient in order to balance out. I'm not sure if 1.3 is the correct one, but it's better than what we used before.

By that, do you mean that attack levels for example are more "potent" than defense levels? Someone with 99 1 1 would have an advantage over someone with 1 1 99? And is this for pre- or post-EoC?

77yLQy8.png

By that, do you mean that attack levels for example are more "potent" than defense levels? Someone with 99 1 1 would have an advantage over someone with 1 1 99? And is this for pre- or post-EoC?

Well, not with attack because Andrew Gower was stupid and decided to have 2 skills for melee for no reason. But that's the case with ranged and magic.

• Like 1

Friend of mine is 90 attack 60 strength, did some tests and his max hit with drygores is ~100 less than mine...

Methinks high attack low strength pures are going to become a thing. :blink:

(That is, until strength actually matters again, something like each level unlocks % potential of a weapon of that tier?

60 strength with a level 90 weapon does 66% of t90 damage, or something like that...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Still trying to catch up

I too am hoping this will be a great month for quests, still have like 30 something left right now, but most of those I can't even do. 

If you think about how much money Jagex makes just on membership, then however much on trollomon's store, then treasure keys, where is all the money going? I understand they need to pay their employees, maintain the servers and whatnot, but they do make a lot as far as I can tell. I feel like their graphics budget is tiny

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Still trying to catch up

I too am hoping this will be a great month for quests, still have like 30 something left right now, but most of those I can't even do. 

If you think about how much money Jagex makes just on membership, then however much on trollomon's store, then treasure keys, where is all the money going? I understand they need to pay their employees, maintain the servers and whatnot, but they do make a lot as far as I can tell. I feel like their graphics budget is tiny

If I had to guess...transformers

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Still trying to catch up

I am more inclined towards the theory proposed on RSOF that it all goes towards GTA + Pizza + Booze -- that'd also explain all the delays and lack of updates.  ;)

Still trying to catch up

I am more inclined towards the theory proposed on RSOF that it all goes towards GTA + Pizza + Booze -- that'd also explain all the delays and lack of updates.  ;)

Or it all goes into the pockets of the shareholders

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well based on the financial figures Jagex are obliged by uk law to post year on year we can see they generally have a healthy profit of several million AFTER all the standard costs are taken off (eg wages, maintenance etc.).

The last bunch of figures saw they clearing around 2 million profit and then as a 'one off' costs reinvesting ~5 million into the company for expansion etc.

We may not know the ins and outs of running a company, but we can see they are making healthy profits (or at least were in the last figures published, the next batch due in the coming months will tell us how much has changed in the past year)

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

^ But we are discussing the finances of Jagex in relation to the dev budgets for future updates, its not exactly off topic. Especially in the context of having had jmods talk about dev budgets being tighter and limiting project scopes and learning that so much we were promised foe 2013/2014 isn't even in dev at all yet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

My guess is still that they've had to put a lot of money towards launching transformers. A whole dev team to work on a new game from scratch can't be cheap and they really only have their money from runescape to fund that.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Based on their recent update pattern a monday release would not surprise me, but tuesday is probably also a safe bet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Wow I can't wait for OOAK. I'm not exactly thrilled over the armour, but the reptilian dragon riders - yes! I think thesd may be our lizardmen we've been waiting so long for.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png