Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

There's helping them and then there's milking them for cash.

There's plenty of room for them to allow both. First time is free (if only for a limited time, or only for certain skills), any future resets come from Solomon's? Would that be 'fairer', for lack of a better term?

The whole thing is a bit too close to prestige for my liking...

There's helping them and then there's milking them for cash.

There's plenty of room for them to allow both. First time is free (if only for a limited time, or only for certain skills), any future resets come from Solomon's? Would that be 'fairer', for lack of a better term?

The whole thing is a bit too close to prestige for my liking...

Still too far from Prestige for mine. I could see maybe a first time free and then  runecoin and loyalty prices for it, to prevent it being repeatedly used but to allow players to do it for free if they really want to.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I have a feeling that in RS3, there's going to be a carefully-calculated build for optimum fighting, and then everyone will simply reset and get that build since everyone's maxed, and then at that point getting the build will have been pointless since it's so common

Rollback packages. . . . '-'

Yeah see this is why I couldn't get on board with prestige, because I knew it was so damn easy for Jagex to monetize it. Prestige, which although would've been a cluster mess to the high scores, would have been one of the saving graces of the game.

Instead of being healthy for the game it has been reduced to another piece of tawdry pay-for bullshit. I am beyond disappointed.

Why is monetization bad?

77yLQy8.png

Depends upon what you're monetizing in my opinion. If you're monetizing cosmetic options and stuff like that, its fine to me. If you're monetizing core features that should be available through the actual game, then I have issues with it. I think the recent pouch and boots should have been core features to the magic and agility skills respectively. I think everyone should also at least get a free reset since its not the fault of skill pures that Jagex decided to poll the combat system again. After that first reset though I don't mind if Jagex adds a runecoin cost as long as theres also a loyalty point cost for those who made a mistake but aren't the type to heavily abuse the system.

• Like 2

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Depends upon what you're monetizing in my opinion. If you're monetizing cosmetic options and stuff like that, its fine to me. If you're monetizing core features that should be available through the actual game, then I have issues with it. I think the recent pouch and boots should have been core features to the magic and agility skills respectively. I think everyone should also at least get a free reset since its not the fault of skill pures that Jagex decided to poll the combat system again. After that first reset though I don't mind if Jagex adds a runecoin cost as long as theres also a loyalty point cost for those who made a mistake but aren't the type to heavily abuse the system.

One could argue that since the advent of bonds anything and everything on SoF and Solomans are available through the 'actual game' because, with a hearty dose of money making, you can get them all without paying Jagex any extra money at all (at least not personally anyway).

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

One could argue that since the advent of bonds anything and everything on SoF and Solomans are available through the 'actual game' because, with a hearty dose of money making, you can get them all without paying Jagex any extra money at all (at least not personally anyway).

That gets into incredibly dangerous territory, especially considering how much easier they've made things like pouches to obtain by actually paying instead of obtaining bonds in game. Is the degradable pouch actually worth 3m gp, no but it might be much more easily worth a dollar to someone. The main point about core features is that stuff like having to keep a bunch of runes in your inventory, and old ways of training agility should have been phased out ages ago and shouldn't really be behind a paywall. Especially when stuff like minigames and many skills are dying because the rewards have become useless. Monetizing these items while it may make Jagex more money to make the game, is harming the game because the content that they could have helped remains dead. If all useful rewards are put into solomons or TH then there's no point in actually playing most of the content in-game

• Like 1

I have a feeling that in RS3, there's going to be a carefully-calculated build for optimum fighting, and then everyone will simply reset and get that build since everyone's maxed, and then at that point getting the build will have been pointless since it's so common

Rollback packages. . . . '-'

Yeah see this is why I couldn't get on board with prestige, because I knew it was so damn easy for Jagex to monetize it. Prestige, which although would've been a cluster mess to the high scores, would have been one of the saving graces of the game.

Instead of being healthy for the game it has been reduced to another piece of tawdry pay-for bullshit. I am beyond disappointed.

Why is monetization bad?

In 07 it takes like 10 minutes to work out the best build and people use a bunch of different builds.

That gets into incredibly dangerous territory, especially considering how much easier they've made things like pouches to obtain by actually paying instead of obtaining bonds in game. Is the degradable pouch actually worth 3m gp, no but it might be much more easily worth a dollar to someone. The main point about core features is that stuff like having to keep a bunch of runes in your inventory, and old ways of training agility should have been phased out ages ago and shouldn't really be behind a paywall. Especially when stuff like minigames and many skills are dying because the rewards have become useless. Monetizing these items while it may make Jagex more money to make the game, is harming the game because the content that they could have helped remains dead. If all useful rewards are put into solomons or TH then there's no point in actually playing most of the content in-game

it's mostly annoying because both of those things are features that have been asked for ages ago, but besides the pretty unhelpful and sort of annoying to get runic staves, hasn't really been implemented

8f14270694.jpg

• Like 2

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Sounds like an automated system doomed to failure.

"This resulted in a single account being erroneously given several million Archer Rings."

Amazing. No other words for that lol.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm going to assume instead of giving it X coins and 1 archer ring, it was given X archer rings and 1 coin. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Hopefully the guy is banned.  I don't know how they got there so I just sold em isn't really an excuse whether or not this was idiocy on Jagex's part.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

The guy who got them rings thou going straight from omg i got hacked to (hopefully) omg I got banned for bug abuse all through being stupid enough to profiteer off the obvious error.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Honestly, how can you be so dumb... Jagex JUST gave you something that was a gift, not many people get items returned and this has only started happening recently. So When they attempt to help you out and give you the hacked item back but make a mistake, you think, "oh, I can profit off this big time, I'm sure they won't be monitoring me at all since they just were so nice." Makes no sense... You obviously know they are paying attention to your account since they took the time to return your items, why try and make money off an obvious mistake...

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

We're visiting the Mahjarrat homeworld. I'm pretty sure that device we have will capture a Mahjaratt's memory which will give us insight to a puzzle or even give us access to a 'hidden' area of the map to discover something.

Will be interesting.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

I filled it up after finishing my memories, since it was pretty heavily hinted that it would be useful (and that you can fill it up after the mini-quest). I'm just praying that we don't have to fill it up several times during the quest à la the memory collection.

Are we thinking the box needs to be filled with 500 memories before the quest?

Considering several jmods have specifically said make sure you have finished all 15 memories and filled up the box for it to work on frenskae I'm gonna go with yes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg