Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

btw, The Measure is also an elder artifact, so that makes four names we know (five if we're to take the TokHaar at their word)

also, if the previous heavy handed clues which turned out to be correct are any sign, Wen is the name of the ice elder god

and, if you think the whole Seren/Zaros getting it on thing is funny, have you listened to Zaros' opinion of Char, and how Char reacts if you ask her about Zaros? those rumors might have more to them than previously explained

bowchikawowwow

8f14270694.jpg

btw, The Measure is also an elder artifact, so that makes four names we know (five if we're to take the TokHaar at their word)

also, if the previous heavy handed clues which turned out to be correct are any sign, Wen is the name of the ice elder god

and, if you think the whole Seren/Zaros getting it on thing is funny, have you listened to Zaros' opinion of Char, and how Char reacts if you ask her about Zaros? those rumors might have more to them than previously explained

bowchikawowwow

Where is it confirmed the measure is an elder artefact?

Seemed more like something Zaros made when he was trying to collect Mah's energy to make new races to me.

Derp totally missed the examine text

And how do you get to 5 if you believe the Kiln?

We only know the Siphon, the Catalyst, the Kiln and the Measure

The Horn, the sword and the crown we dunno if they are the real names or not; admittedly the Crown Archival does seem more probable as a real name but none the less we dunno for sure.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

the tokhaar also claim to be a collective elder artifact in of themselves as they were created as a tool

btw, to put this all in perspective

The thing that Zaros is trying to stop is probably related to the fact that elder gods suck planets dry of anima for nourishment (see Mah), so the birth of an elder god on Gielinor will probably kill everything living on it as they are all consumed for elder god juice, and Zaros is trying to stop it because he thinks sentient mortal life is awesome

I am going to point back to the tokhaar texts, that say that the elder gods considered Gielinor to be the perfect world, and then went to sleep, and that Zaros makes a point that the elder gods didn't expect any of their planets to sustain something like mortal life, as all they put down were plants and other nonsentient lifeforms and never stuck around long enough to care what happened afterwards (the dragonkin are from an earlier universe that was destroyed when the fourth elder god was born, but they are treated like tools also), and that he mentions that the elder gods appear to be on the brink of extinction, in his words

It is likely that Gielinor is the perfect planet TO RAISE AN ELDER GOD ON, and that all of the previous planets were attempts to create worlds TO RAISE AN ELDER GOD ON after the disaster with Mah, and that all of them were abandoned not because they were considered unsuitable hosts.

This is also why they went to sleep on Gielinor, because they would have to wait for the egg to reach maturity before they could do anything again, and to conserve their remaining energy in order to do so.

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

The Tokhaar and the Kiln are 1 Elder artefact - they are born from the lava of the kiln and they return to the lava of the kiln.

The kiln itself is the literal artefact and the tokhaar are the manifestation of its power - a sentient race that use the kilns power to forge the land - but ultimately are still part of the kiln and return to the kiln.

Osbourne has covered that a few times in QAs and such.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Interesting tidbits in the FAQ this week.

1) The elder chronicle fragments do indeed denote where the Elder Gods are located

2) Wen is confirmed as the name of the ice one.

3) The head on entrana was going to give us the last name but close dev cycles scuppered tht, though they might still put it in.

3) The patterns on their eggs mark their seniority Jas is eldest (hexagons) > Ful (Pentagons) > Wen (Quadrilaterals) > ??? (Triangles) > Mah is the youngest (smooth with single spiral)

4) Loosely speaking the 4 elements derive from the older 4 Jas = air, Ful = Fire, Wen = water, ??? = earth

5) Elder Gods are best thought of as representing an element of time. Jas is progression, Ful is Constancy, Wen is Reversion, ??? is alteration and Mah is potential

6) Tidbits on the world gate worlds, they did try to match the letters to the world but in the end it all went wrong.

H - is for 'Hallowed Isles' a non-canon name for New Domina

L - Was going to be Laceritum the Dragonrider homeworld, but this was ditched due to the way Ooak went so Teragard was slotted in

M - is for 'Muspell' and is supposed to be the Auspah homeworld

N - is for Naragun the Naragi homeworld

T - is for Tarddiad which is the elven homeworld

7) Muspah are planned to get some unique drop and become a lvl 76 'opt in' slayer assignment along with Nihils

8) The World Gate was made to contain portals created using the Sword. The Void was opened up when Guthix cut too deep shattering the sword in the process. Valutta had post-quest dialogue about this until it was pointed out you can't reach her.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

8) The World Gate was made to contain portals created using the Sword. The Void was opened up when Guthix cut too deep shattering the sword in the process. Valutta had post-quest dialogue about this until it was pointed out you can't reach her.

LMFAO

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Very interesting, curious as to the name of the last elder god now. Also...

What Gwyn said. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

LMFAO

I love it when my predictions come true... :D Like the fact that the mountains ARE the Elders, just as I said the first time Elders where mentioned. Me a happy Dexter.

Wait, they're gonna make nihils drop stuff?

also, yeah, I more or less agreed that when they said "the elders sleep above us" that it was referring to some of the landmasses because I mean, elder gods are HUGE in the depictions they make of them

since yesterday, I imagined a terrible joke in which we find a book titled "To Serve A God" and it turns out to be a cookbook

A COOKBOOK!

8f14270694.jpg

I love it when my predictions come true... :D Like the fact that the mountains ARE the Elders, just as I said the first time Elders where mentioned. Me a happy Dexter.

I wouldn't celebrate just yet, everything logically would suggest they are not the mountains.

Of the 4 locations only Wen and Ful are found in 'mountain' areas (Ice Mountain and Thzaar volcano) and both of these locations are known to have a lot of tunnels and excavations in them which would suggest they can't actually be the Elder God, unless of course the entire Thzaar Tokhaar Kiln and tunnel to Crandor are inside Ful and the dwarf mines and such inside Wen, just on top of them.

The other 2 aren't even on mountains at all 1 is on a flat plateau and the other on a very flat island.

Wait, they're gonna make nihils drop stuff?

also, yeah, I more or less agreed that when they said "the elders sleep above us" that it was referring to some of the landmasses because I mean, elder gods are HUGE in the depictions they make of them

since yesterday, I imagined a terrible joke in which we find a book titled "To Serve A God" and it turns out to be a cookbook

A COOKBOOK!

They didn't say anything about making the nihils drop stuff, only about making them a slayer task.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I said to Mod Rowley on twitter: opt in muspah would be fine...nihil though are kinda worthless once you get the title

He replied:  If we made them a Slayer target, we'd give them a proper drop table, no question.

So, they will be getting drops then.

Source: https://twitter.com/JagexRowley/status/448460745844748288

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I wouldn't celebrate just yet, everything logically would suggest they are not the mountains.

Of the 4 locations only Wen and Ful are found in 'mountain' areas (Ice Mountain and Thzaar volcano) and both of these locations are known to have a lot of tunnels and excavations in them which would suggest they can't actually be the Elder God, unless of course the entire Thzaar Tokhaar Kiln and tunnel to Crandor are inside Ful and the dwarf mines and such inside Wen, just on top of them.

The other 2 aren't even on mountains at all 1 is on a flat plateau and the other on a very flat island.

He just meant that some mountains could be Elder Gods.

Mod Rowley mentioned in the FAQ that the player has walked on Elder Gods before, and it's entirely possible that the Elders on Gielinor take a much larger scale compared to poor, corrupted Mah. Have you also seen all the holes in Mah? It's entirely possible that Ful is similarly structured and that she is the Karamjan volcano.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Mod Rowley mentioned in the FAQ that the player has walked on Elder Gods before, and it's entirely possible that the Elders on Gielinor take a much larger scale compared to poor, corrupted Mah. Have you also seen all the holes in Mah? It's entirely possible that Ful is similarly structured and that she is the Karamjan volcano.

If a literal mountain were to be an Elder God I'd say Wen and Ice Mountain is far more likely than Ful and the volcano.

There just far to much in the volcano for it to be feasible imo; I mean how massive is the Thzaar are and we just have entrance to the 'lobby' essentially with the main city sealed off from us. Plus you'd think the Tokhaar would have some awareness of if they and their kiln had been swallowed by Ful before she went to sleep.

Ice Mountain however seems more feasible as though there are tunnels there isn't quite as much and the northern reaches seem largely untouched, though the living rock cavern could scupper this idea. As could the Imcando Dwarf city buried somewhere underthere.

Plus in terms of Elder God looks I wouldn't take Mah's holes to mean much - she is corrupt and ill formed.

Having said that however of the three shown in the origins video Ful seems unlikely to form a mountain-form when slumbering.

There is however one that does seem to have a mountain on its back that could easily be Wen (rswiki kind infers it is Jas off the assumption that Jas, Ful and ??? made Gielinor before Jagex tweaked the lore so 4 made us meaning Jas could be missing in the video).

It kind depends how literal Jagex are being when they say we have walked on them - do you take it as a literal we are standing on part of them or a more figurative form much like how your not supposed to walk on a grave as you are walking on the dead but in literal terms you are not as there is several feet of ground between you.

[spoiler=Picture of Elders in question]

Elder_Gods.png

Given the egg chambers being Ice, Sand, Earthy, Fire it is pretty much a full gone conclusion the middle one is Fiery Ful.

The left could easily be icey Wen (due to the icey mountains), the earthy un-named one (as its like a hunk of earth) or even Jas though I'd be inclined to guess it's Wen.

The right I should think has to be the earthy one, which would fit seeing as it looks so much like Dramen tree spirit and in terms of the resting places ice mountain is Wen, Volcano is Ful and given Jas' 'sand' connecting the Scarabite plateau makes more sense than Entrana

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It would be interesting if they keep with the "3 gods" creation story in the video, but play along with the fourth showing up here later, and is not asleep yet, and likes to talk and.. do stuff.

On that note, do they revert back into eggs when the cycle ends to move to the next universe? If the stone of jas looks like what we suspect to be Jas' egg.. Did Jas lay an egg that contains herself, or wouldn't the egg she lay start off with a circle on it, rather than an octagon?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

If a literal mountain were to be an Elder God I'd say Wen and Ice Mountain is far more likely than Ful and the volcano.

There just far to much in the volcano for it to be feasible imo; I mean how massive is the Thzaar are and we just have entrance to the 'lobby' essentially with the main city sealed off from us. Plus you'd think the Tokhaar would have some awareness of if they and their kiln had been swallowed by Ful before she went to sleep.

Ice Mountain however seems more feasible as though there are tunnels there isn't quite as much and the northern reaches seem largely untouched, though the living rock cavern could scupper this idea. As could the Imcando Dwarf city buried somewhere underthere.

Plus in terms of Elder God looks I wouldn't take Mah's holes to mean much - she is corrupt and ill formed.

Having said that however of the three shown in the origins video Ful seems unlikely to form a mountain-form when slumbering.

There is however one that does seem to have a mountain on its back that could easily be Wen (rswiki kind infers it is Jas off the assumption that Jas, Ful and ??? made Gielinor before Jagex tweaked the lore so 4 made us meaning Jas could be missing in the video).

It kind depends how literal Jagex are being when they say we have walked on them - do you take it as a literal we are standing on part of them or a more figurative form much like how your not supposed to walk on a grave as you are walking on the dead but in literal terms you are not as there is several feet of ground between you.

[spoiler=Picture of Elders in question]

Elder_Gods.png

Given the egg chambers being Ice, Sand, Earthy, Fire it is pretty much a full gone conclusion the middle one is Fiery Ful.

The left could easily be icey Wen (due to the icey mountains), the earthy un-named one (as its like a hunk of earth) or even Jas though I'd be inclined to guess it's Wen.

The right I should think has to be the earthy one, which would fit seeing as it looks so much like Dramen tree spirit and in terms of the resting places ice mountain is Wen, Volcano is Ful and given Jas' 'sand' connecting the Scarabite plateau makes more sense than Entrana

An Island is not but a mountain that juts up from the ocean. But I agree.. unless the Tzhaar are are inside Feh, and we've walked within Feh, I doubt they are literally the mountains.

Except possibly Wen.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

I'm really interested in the implications this new info has on the Dragonkin now. If the stone is an egg for a new Elder God, do the Kin know this? Why would Jas make them protect it if the Elders don't even know sentient life exists?

Sylpheed.png

I'm really interested in the implications this new info has on the Dragonkin now. If the stone is an egg for a new Elder God, do the Kin know this? Why would Jas make them protect it if the Elders don't even know sentient life exists?

They know sentient life exists, they just largely ignore them and don't value them anymore than a typical human values an ants' life. They are meaningless little nothings.

Mah may have been corrupted by too many people using "her stone", so Jas protected her stone to make sure she would be born yet again.

Then again, it could be as simple as Mah being malnourished due to Freneskae lacking enough Anima Mundi to feed each Elder God.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

I think the dragonkin only protect the stone cuz they begged Jas to spare them and she needed something in return. If Jas really wanted it to be protected, she would have made creatures to protect it, instead of binding a desperate race to the task.

She may have been too weak at that time to create any more creatures. It could have been near the time she reverted to Egg form, the last inkling of her power bound the Kin to her stone.

I doubt she would bother speaking to them. They're a lesser race. Ants to her.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

According to the fifth RuneScape's livestream the Dragonkin were created by Jas to protect her stone from being used for other purposes than Jas' .

This is my current slightly-revised theory. Had to go dig up on who made the Dragonkin.

Dramen Tree is related to Bik. The Chronicle is found RIGHT ABOVE where the Dramen Tree would be. The Dramen Tree Spirit is Bik's caretaker to guard her stone. Which may be below the Dramen Tree, perhaps grasped in its roots? The tree might channel Anima Mundi into Bik. Blah blah, tangent.

Ice Mountain is Wen's back. IIRC Wen is the "Triangular" egg in the Elder Halls. The Oracle's markings make a triangle. In the FAQ, Wen is related to Regression (Oracle). I believe the Oracle is a caretaker for Wen. Similar to the Tzhaar being caretakers of Feh. I have suspicion to believe a ladder is within the Oracle's tent that goes down to where Wen rests. The Oracle is Wen's caretaker to guard her stone.

Jas has reverted to her stone and before doing so, created the Dragonkin and bound the Dragonkin to protect her in her infancy. The Dragonkin are the caretakers of her stone.

The TokHaar/Tzhaar did not turn to COMBAT by chance! Oh no... they have long since forgotten, but their last command was to guard Ful's stone. They picked up combat in order to be caretakers of her stone!

Mah is Mah. Who would have guessed? She never was able to go to a world with enough Anima Mundi to reincarnate herself in a new time. She has no true caretakers and is aware she is dying. The Mahjarrat ritual channels Anima Mundi/herself back into her to prolong her eventual death.

It is possible it was not the lack of Anima Mundi of Freneskae to corrupt Mah, but rather people abusing her egg/stone. Drawing too much power from her, she lacked enough Anima Mundi to be reborn complete and was instead born a cripple. The Elder Gods learned from this and bound caretakers to their eggs.

I believe Jas will come back corrupted similar to Mah. In fact, the Echo of Jas that you fight in OOAK furthers my belief too much power has already been drawn from her egg.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

^ I don't think the Elder Gods revert to stone/egg form.

We have been specifically told they are sleeping at the locations their chronicles are found. This means Jas is  not with the Stone of Jas unless Sliske has just randomly left it lying around near the scarabites rather than hiding it in somewhere he controls.

I think they are just asleep, much like Mah was, however like Zaros told us there is a new Elder Halls on Gielinor which does have eggs in it which if hatched would destroy Gielinor. I mean if the Elder Gods had reverted to eggs and the eggs hatching was the danger Zaros intent to wake them up would be pretty dumb and he does not strike me as being that misled. The fact Mah was sleeping/comatose and not an egg also supports the idea they do not revert somewhat.

Also I don't think your theory on Mah makes any sense - Frenskae had no life before the Elder Gods born it was the beginning of a new universe. There was no one around to abuse them. Equally it'd make zero sense for people to only abuse Mah's egg when there was quite clearly 5 of them in the same cave.

Frenskae was ground zero the beginning of this universe. All 5 of the hatched and they believed Mah to be dead and so left her behind, she then awoke and clawed her way to the surface where she created the first known sentient life of this universe - Zaros and Seren.

The whole concept they've built up here is Elder gods are born at the start of a universe and work to make worlds in order to make one rich enough in anima to feed their young. When their young hatch the old universe ends destroying everything within itself and a new one begins - the only things that can survive are any that manage to escape into the abyss or the void, which is where a handful of Dragonkin managed to travel to as their universe ended and ours began which is why in turn they went to Jas and begged for help only to be bound to the stone.

I think the Stone of Jas is indeed an egg, most probably one Jas laid/made but it is flawed - the fact it is not a sphere and is partly rough rock implies it was not made correctly. I suspect it is corrupt and rather than let it hatch into another broken being like Mah Jas turned it into a tool of immense power.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg