Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

There's every possibility that it was not in the shadow realm until recently.

It was 'consumed by the emptiness' in the 2nd age which is taken to mean Zaros sealed it BUT there is every possibility that when Guthix kicked the gods out at the end of the third age he further hid the gate, seeing as it'd be a logical way back in. Which would also explain why there has been some delay on Zaros returning - maybe since Guthix died the gate has slowly become exposed once more in the Shadow Realm where Zaros left it.

Or perhaps Zaros himself buried it deep and since the shield fell has been able to expose it from afar.

Whatever the case I'd assume its a safe bet it hasn't just been sitting there in the Shadow Realm and has only recently re-appeared.

If it was sitting there the reason it was not used by Sliske could be quite simple - 9/10 gateways block us from entering at the moment implying there is some power working on the gate to block its usage. In fact Frenskae gateway may only be usable because again Zaros has unsealed it in order to let someone through to help with the final stages of his return to a body.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I would be entertained to see sliske use the end result of his competition to spite the gods for their past alliances and actions against zaros. I could then see icthlaren recall his warning to the gods as zaros claims he now has X less gods to contend with in the future.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm interested to see what will happen if we teleport or die on Frenskae.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

"Azzanadra senses you are near desth and wisks you away to the safety of gielenor."

"Sliske enjoyed watching your tortuous meanderings and has had enough."

Someone mentioned siren like crystals in the BTS video at 1:49 and 1:55. I'm thinking they might be save point locations?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

nothing special, you will be moved to edge or other spawn point in Gielinor.
btw: next quest in Frenskae will be work for 'Bank of RuneScape' organisation and helping white knights to scout Frenskae (bank and spawn point in Frenskae).

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Well, as teleports go through the fabric of the Abyss, normally we would be able to teleport. As we can teleport from the goblin world and Kethsi, it further proves this, or it's just because of Jagex coding.

I would be entertained to see sliske use the end result of his competition to spite the gods for their past alliances and actions against zaros. I could then see icthlaren recall his warning to the gods as zaros claims he now has X less gods to contend with in the future.

What competition? Aside from Bandos vs. Armadyl, which had more to do with their personal history and grudges, none of the other gods seem to have taken Sliske's bait, so far. It is also unlikely we will see any further gods dying in the near future. Guthix and Bandos have only recently just died. 

Well, as teleports go through the fabric of the Abyss, normally we would be able to teleport. As we can teleport from the goblin world and Kethsi, it further proves this, or it's just because of Jagex coding.

Indeed it seems as if teleport magic isn't limited by the world you are on and instead is pinpointed/anchored to a specific point on a specific planet meaning even from other worlds we bounce through the abyss to the Gielinor locale.

Sidebar: It'd kinda be cool if Jagex built in a thing where teleports were harder when off-world depending on how foreign the world was. Like they required a higher level and maybe items/lodestones would have a slightly longer animation and/or not function without a 'signal booster' type item (would work nice for invent me thinks). Then maybe let us build something there to act as an anchor eg maybe a fairy ring or a lodestone 'antenna' that would allow them to function normally.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Inb4 you have to access the shadow realm via ROTS.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I have a question, which might seem obvious but isn't to me, why would Sliske bringing Zaros back help himself?

Wouldn't Zaros be angry with him for the steps he has taken, or does Sliske believe he is sly enough to fool Zaros? If that is the case, do you think he is right?

It seems like having the most powerful active God (Seren isn't around, and they are the only active Tier 2 God's right?) back would just be another enemy for him, if he is trying to become more powerful. Unless he is thinking that Zaros would help him achieve godhood, but I wouldn't think he would...

It is difficult to fathom the feelings/intent of something that was almost wiped from history, and all we have to go on are the interpretations of individuals who are either untrustworthy or delusional on some level

8f14270694.jpg

He's going to stab Zaros with the staff of armadyl again trololol

Hey, let's be honest here. He'd probably never see it coming.

Fool Stab me twice ...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm wondering whether Freneskae will be 'world sized' or just a couple hundred squares like Kethsi and all the other realms we've been to.

Probably significantly larger than your usual Kethsi/Naraagi/fairy ring places but the same sort of stuff: you visit it during the quest, but probably nothing of use there afterwards. 

Apparently Freneskae will be a new spot with high level stuff to do after the quest.

• Like 1

Quest post-mortem.

From what we have read of the lore from the Tokhaar logs, we know that the elder gods created worlds before. Those worlds were deemed imperfect, and so they abandoned them and created new worlds. This kept happening, until they made Gielinor. Then they decided to take a big ol nap on it.

What Zaros and the stuff we see in the Elder Halls seem to be heavily, HEAVILY implying, is that Gielinor might be in danger of some massive threat if Zaros (or some other individual) does not intervene at some point by appealing directly to the elder gods. Zaros also seems to think he does not have much time (which is an absurd sentiment for somebody who has lived for almost all of time itself), so obviously what he has to do is going to happen soonish. He also seems to know this because he's seen it before, which points to the other worlds that have come and gone, something he would have observed in his travels.

The other thing is...

I think the Stone of Jas is an elder god egg. That would seem to be basically be the only reason why it contains so much flipping power, why there are a bunch of empty stones in the Elder Hall with craters indicating which elder god emerged from it, and why they would attach such a horrific and dangerous safeguard to its use. What kind of elder artifact would have such a protection on it? Why don't the other discarded tools have such ridiculous and dire wards (hell, the divining stick is just lying there) even though they're also dangerous in the wrong hands? Obviously, it means that the elder gods ACTUALLY CARE about the Stone of Jas. What is the one thing an elder god would care about? Other elder gods...

However, that would also imply that Gielinor is basically a big ol elder god nest for the Stone of Jas.

And that Sliske has a [bleep]ING ELDER GOD EGG and he's using it LIKE A TOY.

side note: i think the hole that Mah is sleeping in is the spot where the elder kiln used to be

8f14270694.jpg

Quest post-mortem.

From what we have read of the lore from the Tokhaar logs, we know that the elder gods created worlds before. Those worlds were deemed imperfect, and so they abandoned them and created new worlds. This kept happening, until they made Gielinor. Then they decided to take a big ol nap on it.

What Zaros and the stuff we see in the Elder Halls seem to be heavily, HEAVILY implying, is that Gielinor might be in danger of some massive threat if Zaros (or some other individual) does not intervene at some point by appealing directly to the elder gods. Zaros also seems to think he does not have much time (which is an absurd sentiment for somebody who has lived for almost all of time itself), so obviously what he has to do is going to happen soonish. He also seems to know this because he's seen it before, which points to the other worlds that have come and gone, something he would have observed in his travels.

The other thing is...

I think the Stone of Jas is an elder god egg. That would seem to be basically be the only reason why it contains so much flipping power, why there are a bunch of empty stones in the Elder Hall with craters indicating which elder god emerged from it, and why they would attach such a horrific and dangerous safeguard to its use. What kind of elder artifact would have such a protection on it? Why don't the other discarded tools have such ridiculous and dire wards (hell, the divining stick is just lying there) even though they're also dangerous in the wrong hands? Obviously, it means that the elder gods ACTUALLY CARE about the Stone of Jas. What is the one thing an elder god would care about? Other elder gods...

However, that would also imply that Gielinor is basically a big ol elder god nest for the Stone of Jas.

side note: i think the hole that Mah is sleeping in is the spot where the elder kiln used to be

I doubt the Elder Kiln was there as the Elder Gods made the Kiln when they started making worlds and it is pretty clear Jas, Ful, Mah and the other 2 hatched in the Elder Halls and that Mah was left down there due to being stunted.

I don't think the Stone (or the Catalyst to use its proper name) is really an Elder God egg truly, I think it is derived from one, but not entirely an actual egg. I think maybe Jas laid the egg but saw it was corrupted like Mah's was and thus turned it into a tool to avoid another stunted unworthy Elder God from being born. 

However it is made pretty clear that Gielinor is basically a new Elder God nest with its own 'Elder Halls' and it is implied by the use of 'cycles' and such that when those new Elder Gods hatch it'd mark the end of the universe with Gielinor becoming the new Frenskae-esque starting point for a new cycle.

What interested me most was learning the presumably real names of two more artefacts (The Siphon and the Catalyst) to go along with the Kiln. Plus we seem to have gotten pretty solid confirmation on the elemental qualities of the Elder Gods - Jas is sand and Ful is fire as we already knew. Mah is light and Dark. With the remaining rooms being ice and earth. I feel like the Elder Chronicles also slightly hint at where the Elder Gods are located - kinda akin to how Mah's divine stuff is near here. Which would suggest Jas is somewhere near the Scarabite area, Ful is still on Karamaja, the Ice one is somewhere in Ice Mountain (and quite potentially the reason the Oracle exists) and the earthy one is seemingly on Entrana. I'd be inclined to say this further supports previous theories that Dramen is an Elder god.

Also I had to lol at the adult implications of the Zaros/Seren relationship I mean his power forced her to show loyalty to him and hers admiration to her its kinda heavily implied these effects led to them basically doing it when they were near each other. Also kinda raises the question of whether Guthix was effected by her like this - its hard to judge for sure since the lower gods were not compelled by Zaros' power but at the same time the do seem to effect other T2 gods.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Quest post-mortem.

The other thing is...

I doubt the Elder Kiln was there as the Elder Gods made the Kiln when they started making worlds and it is pretty clear Jas, Ful, Mah and the other 2 hatched in the Elder Halls and that Mah was left down there due to being stunted.

I don't think the Stone (or the Catalyst to use its proper name) is really an Elder God egg truly, I think it is derived from one, but not entirely an actual egg. I think maybe Jas laid the egg but saw it was corrupted like Mah's was and thus turned it into a tool to avoid another stunted unworthy Elder God from being born. 

However it is made pretty clear that Gielinor is basically a new Elder God nest with its own 'Elder Halls' and it is implied by the use of 'cycles' and such that when those new Elder Gods hatch it'd mark the end of the universe with Gielinor becoming the new Frenskae-esque starting point for a new cycle.

What interested me most was learning the presumably real names of two more artefacts (The Siphon and the Catalyst) to go along with the Kiln. Plus we seem to have gotten pretty solid confirmation on the elemental qualities of the Elder Gods - Jas is sand and Ful is fire as we already knew. Mah is light and Dark. With the remaining rooms being ice and earth. I feel like the Elder Chronicles also slightly hint at where the Elder Gods are located - kinda akin to how Mah's divine stuff is near here. Which would suggest Jas is somewhere near the Scarabite area, Ful is still on Karamaja, the Ice one is somewhere in Ice Mountain (and quite potentially the reason the Oracle exists) and the earthy one is seemingly on Entrana. I'd be inclined to say this further supports previous theories that Dramen is an Elder god.

Also I had to lol at the adult implications of the Zaros/Seren relationship I mean his power forced her to show loyalty to him and hers admiration to her its kinda heavily implied these effects led to them basically doing it when they were near each other. Also kinda raises the question of whether Guthix was effected by her like this - its hard to judge for sure since the lower gods were not compelled by Zaros' power but at the same time the do seem to effect other T2 gods.

[hide]I think the siphon and the catalyst are the staff of armadyl and the Stone of Jas Considering their affects. I do kind of like the idea of the Stone of jas being a new elder god egg. I am interested to see what will happen.[/hide]

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

[hide]I think the siphon and the catalyst are the staff of armadyl and the Stone of Jas Considering their affects. I do kind of like the idea of the Stone of jas being a new elder god egg. I am interested to see what will happen.[/hide]

~~~legoman187~~~

Thats why I said presumably real names. Its pretty clear they are the staff and stone since he says Sliske has them, but we never knew the real names of such items other than the Kiln until now. But if anyone is gonna know their true names it is Zaros. I mean the Crown Archival, Skargaroth's Sword and Quin's Horn we have no idea of their real names.

Plv6Dz6.jpg