Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

New combat formula:

BiINtigCIAAdbTe.png

Honestly I think the new combat formula is better despite my OCD saying 200 should riegn supreme. I don't think it quite gives people the ability to make effective pures though. I believe potential as far as levels should be apparent though.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

My only critique of the new formula would be the *1.3 is entirely redundant and complicates things for no reason and is just a product of pandering to nostalgia.

I'd of been happy with 123 max level to do away with the multiplier that does nothing (Heck I wouldn't object to 495 to do away with the pointless /4 end)

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sounds like it's going to be a really interesting quest, the lore sounds really good and that dragon rider armour *drools* I assume they've thrown that in there to give players with 99 Summoning a reason to kill them, hopefully they'll be Slayer assignments too.

Do wonder what class the armour will be though, the current stuff we have is "all"...

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Sounds like it's going to be a really interesting quest, the lore sounds really good and that dragon rider armour *drools* I assume they've thrown that in there to give players with 99 Summoning a reason to kill them, hopefully they'll be Slayer assignments too.

Do wonder what class the armour will be though, the current stuff we have is "all"...

A jagex reason to kill them at any rate considering its liable to be awfully poor stats for the levels required to beat the quest rendering it useless as most quest completers would have barrows or gwd or nex or pop which will likely out class it.

Unless of course it has some insane set effect for fighting dragons whereby in spite of poor stats wearing the full set makes killing the qbd with t70 weapons comparable to or better than the current drygore-able speeds.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't think it's a far-flung prediction to say it'll be, for most people, cosmetic, since we already have rather easy to obtain Warpriest armor that scales to level 75 and has effects.

I'm not really a huge Pokemon fan but I am a Floyd fan and I really liked his shirt... :)

Seeing that Dragonkin trapped deep within Daemonheim gives me all kinds of chills and hope that Dungeoneering hasn't been forgotten. However, it also makes me fear possible Sliskean shoe-horning in the middle of my favorite lore concentration.

Of course, considering that ritual ring is stolen from Zamorakian settings, I don't know what to think, except that perhaps everything in that location is recycled.

2dgucz6.png

I don't think it's a far-flung prediction to say it'll be, for most people, cosmetic, since we already have rather easy to obtain Warpriest armor that scales to level 75 and has effects.

I'm not really a huge Pokemon fan but I am a Floyd fan and I really liked his shirt... :)

Seeing that Dragonkin trapped deep within Daemonheim gives me all kinds of chills and hope that Dungeoneering hasn't been forgotten. However, it also makes me fear possible Sliskean shoe-horning in the middle of my favorite lore concentration.

Of course, considering that ritual ring is stolen from Zamorakian settings, I don't know what to think, except that perhaps everything in that location is recycled.

Inb4 zamorak pulls off a sliske moment telling everyone he perfected the entrapment of dragonkin looong before he managed it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

http://services.rune...rch_VIP_Answers

transcript of the session in case ya missed it

Wow, so no work on the construction and agility reworks, or the inventor skills has even started at all, and from the sound of it no work will start before the end of the year (at least for construction and agility anyway).

It raises the question of why the heck they were made such a fuss about them at Runefest if no work was due to start for a very long time. Did they come up with some random ideas the week before Runefest just so they had something to talk about or something? I just think its a bit misleading and deceiving.

• Like 1

Wow, so no work on the construction and agility reworks, or the inventor skills has even started at all, and from the sound of it no work will start before the end of the year (at least for construction and agility anyway).

It raises the question of why the heck they were made such a fuss about them at Runefest if no work was due to start for a very long time. Did they come up with some random ideas the week before Runefest just so they had something to talk about or something? I just think its a bit misleading and deceiving.

More importantly it raises the question of why in june last year they told us the construction rework was coming that year.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Publicity and hope makes life D:

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

It's concerning how much more the mods seem to be talking about the restraints of limited dev budgets the last few months. Are things really getting that bad or is it because the graphics required now days are so demanding? Because at the moment what conent do we know is actually being actively bring worked on at the moment other than the elf city and the sodding legacy update. All they ever seem to say about everything else is 'its something wed like to consider in the future'

I appreciate Mod Osbourne tries to respond to as many questions as he can, but when 50% of them are already answered by this month's BTS it does get a bit ridiculous.

Also somewhat worrying that a lot of the responses regarding future content were essentially "POLLS FOR EVERYTHING".

Really hope we get that Nomad quest though, that was the first quest released after I got my Quest Cape and the first quest I actually paid attention to so I'd love to see Nomad get some closure.

• Like 3

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

That Q&A is full of amateurism. 'None of the Jmods in support use macs, so we didn't fix mac graphic problems'. What kind of sad excuse is that? Repeat ad infinitum. Maybe we ought to get some corporate executives in there, I hear those are pretty tight on meeting deadlines.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

My personal favourite

'LR - when will the Elf City be Released?.

Mod Osborne:It will be released in two batches of four clans. The first batch is planned for September, the other later in the year.'

Good to see that power to the players poll content cited with an eta of july/august is now already slated for later than expected and thats just half the city.

The whole QA really is an advert on how NOT to run a games company. Literally 99.99% of the content talked about last year being set for 2013 releases or for 2014 they have now outright said isn't even in development yet and probably won't be this year with most of the rest being up to polls.

Rite of Passage that Armadyl homeworld quest we were supposed to get 2013? In an upcoming poll.

That construction rework we were supposed to have 2013? Not even started.

Etc. etc. etc.

How about instead of power to the players we have a year of power to actually developing the dam content you promised for once rather than telling us all about it then putting it off and failing to start dev on it at all.

• Like 7

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This really shouldn't be that shocking. They have a very strong track record of overselling and delaying updates.

But it was never -this- bad. 90% of the content they talked about hasn't even been started, yet has been eluded to us.

Don't talk at all then =C!

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

For the most part, it seems like your votes bumped Invention out of this year entirely, including the actual work-ups, and it's back to concept stage again.

Mission accomplished? Now we get to use all this lore central divine energy for zero purposes.

also looks like all the other questlines in the future are about to be sacrificed for the most obviously popular quest

8f14270694.jpg

Chusid - Could you possibly shed any insight on current or future plans to make a quest centered on the late Guthix?

Mod Osborne:Quests will reference and give more info on Guthix, but one specifically on him is unlikely. I remember reading one pitch of a Meeting History-style quest where the player goes back to warn Guthix. That would cause enough causality headaches to lobotomise Doc Brown.

Laughed really hard at that :)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

What I do find shocking is how simple it would be to stop making themselves look like incompetent turds.

Its game dev, priorities change and shift this isn't news or bad. Yes it may be mildly annoying if the quest they talked off is put off for a bit.

What is shocking is the lack of a basic pr process for dealing with content that is in the public domain, it's simple really:

Have community management make a nice little spreadsheet or database of updates we have been told about noting what was said and when.

At the end of each month produce a 'progress report' where you go to the devs and ask them about that content they spoke of and find out where it stands.

Is it cancelled? If so why? Tech limits? Dev constraints? etc

If it isn't cancelled has anything changed? Has it gone into dev or gotten a new eta or is it on the 'back burner' of stuff that can't be fit into the current dev budget but is still on the to do list.

Publish said report to the news.

Any content promise that is deemed as 'active' chase up every month, anything deemed as 'back burner' chase up every 3 months, anything deemed as an 'idea' to maybe be done someday chase up once a year maybe.

Boom all of a sudden instead of us finding out off hand that basically everything we were promised and expecting isn't even in dev we get a 'blow by blow' account keeping us in the picture of what has happened to these promises.

Will it perhaps bug devs and bosses to keep being nagged about this content so frequently? Probably.

But y'know what? That's probably not a bad thing if it stops them making off the bat promises they fall through on because they'll actually stop and think no I won't say we'll do this update we haven't even concepted by the end of the year cause then Bob is gonna be hounding me every month for progress reports.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The podcast stated if we get the solo combat boss (which we all know is going to win and is winning) it will come with level 90 2 handed weapons!

This is awesome, but was that ever said before. He said it at first like it was common knowledge and that was the first I heard of it.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png